10)Pike Central
11)Phelps
12)Betsy Layne
13)Sheldon Clark
14)East Ridge
15)Magoffin Co.
16)Piarist School
17)David School
Magoffin County is way better than that, I guarantee they will surprise alot of people this year!
There is no way Pikeville is better than Belfry..
mrfootball03 Wrote:There is no way Pikeville is better than Belfry..
That's funny, Pikeville is very fundamentally sound and also very well coached. You can tell they have discipline when they step on the floor. Belfry on the other hand just likes to make it ugly, I'm not saying they don't have discipline but in my opinion Pikeville is head and shoulders above the Pirates. Also, without Jamie Case, they wouldn't even be mentioned. Then again, that is just my opinion.
Sheldon Clark needs to be ahead of Betsy Lane and Phelps but other than that it looks good to me.
Why is that funny?? Are you insinuating that Belfry is not well coached nor fundamentally sound? And exactly what does "make it ugly" mean?? If make it ugly is winning 20 games a year and playing in either the region finals or semi finals is ugly..I would bet that every coach in the region would like to play that ugly. To go from 6-21 with the previous coach to 19-10 and 21-9 with the current staff is something Im sure ANY program would take. Also, would Pikeville be mentioned without their best player??? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Ridiculous comment there. If you are talking about "make it ugly", Then you have to talk about all the teams Pikeville tried to fight this summer while playing basketball...that is pretty?? Also..that is discipline?? Bart Williams does a GREAT job...but to insinuate that Pikeville does everything right and Belfry does eveything wrong is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing that's ever been said. Ask the Pikeville staff how they feel about the Belfry program and I think you would be singing a different tune. You also need to think about the two head to head matchups from this past summer. And before you say it, summer DOES mean a lot to BOTH of these programs who usually don't have all their kids from football until almost time to play their first game. Who won both?? Belfry. One of which they played without the May kid...who is going to be a stud for them this season...like he was at tournament time last year. I'm waiting to hear what "make it ugly" means. Not dogging Pikeville...they are going to be a respected opponent by the Belfry Pirates. Just think you have made some ridiculous comments.
1. Johnson Central
2. Shelby Valley
3. Paintsville
4. Belfry
5. P-burg

The rest are a toss up not at the top 5 level.
Hoopslover, I can tell you without a doubt in my mind not only the staff at Pikeville, but the Pikeville players as well respect Belfry as a team. They respect the players and coaches at Belfry. I am looking forward to the matchup between these two at the PIT this season.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Same here...should be fun to watch in the PIT! Coach Casey and Coach Williams have been great friends for many years and they both have the utmost respect for each other. Just get tired of some people making ridiculous comments. I am anxiously awaiting an explanation of "make it ugly"!!
Didnt Magoffin beat Sc last year? I also think that Jc will beat Paintsville and Belfry will be #3.
champ Wrote:That's funny, Pikeville is very fundamentally sound and also very well coached. You can tell they have discipline when they step on the floor. Belfry on the other hand just likes to make it ugly, I'm not saying they don't have discipline but in my opinion Pikeville is head and shoulders above the Pirates. Also, without Jamie Case, they wouldn't even be mentioned. Then again, that is just my opinion.

Well.. in the summer, Belfry beat Pikeville both times they played.. so for that.. I don't think you can say Pikeville is better..
1. Johnson Central
2. Paintsville
3. Belfry
4. Shelby Valley
5. Pikeville
6. Pike Central
7. Lawrence County
8. Prestonsburg
9. South Floyd
10. Betsy Layne
11. Phelps
12. Sheldon Clark
13. Allen Central
14. East Ridge
15. Magoffin County
16. Piarist
17. David
Disco Stu Wrote:1. Johnson Central
2. Paintsville
3. Belfry
4. Shelby Valley
5. Pikeville
6. Pike Central
7. Lawrence County
8. Prestonsburg
9. South Floyd
10. Betsy Layne
11. Phelps
12. Sheldon Clark
13. Allen Central
14. East Ridge
15. Magoffin County
16. Piarist
17. David
I agree with this list for the most part but here are some things I'd change.
1.Paintsville
2.JC
3.Shelby Valley
4.Belfry
5.Pikeville
6.Pike Central
7.Phelps
8.Prestonsburg
9.Magoffin County
10.South Floyd
11.East Ridge
12.Betsy Layne
13.Lawrence County
14.Allen Central
15.Sheldon Clark
16.Piarist
17.David
Just a few Minor Changes.:thumpsup:
Moe Wrote:I agree with this list for the most part but here are some things I'd change.
1.Paintsville
2.JC
3.Shelby Valley
4.Belfry
5.Pikeville
6.Pike Central
7.Phelps
8.Prestonsburg
9.Magoffin County
10.South Floyd
11.East Ridge
12.Betsy Layne
13.Lawrence County
14.Allen Central
15.Sheldon Clark
16.Piarist
17.David
Just a few Minor Changes.:thumpsup:

switch Pikeville around w/ shelby valley and sheldon clark around w/ betsy layne and i think it would look a lil better.... Pikeville has a very talented bunch of guys coming up to play this year, all who ethier started or played most of the time last year
its untellin in the 15th..its jus accordin to wat team shows up at each game. the ones ready to play or the ones gonna cry and complain to the refs the whole game.