Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Kentucky @ Robert Morris 8/28
Thursday night football!!!!

RICHMOND, Ky. – It's finally football game week as the Eastern Kentucky University football team opens its 2014 schedule Thursday night at NEC opponent Robert Morris. Game time is set for 7 p.m.

Thursday's game can be seen for FREE on NEC Front Row.

This will mark the eighth time in the last nine seasons that EKU has opened its schedule on the road. The lone exception was one year ago when the Colonels defeated Robert Morris at Roy Kidd Stadium, 38-6. In that contest, senior quarterback Jared McClain threw for two touchdowns and ran for two more.

Eastern Kentucky was picked fourth in the preseason OVC poll behind Jacksonville State, defending league champion Eastern Illinois and Tennessee State. The Colonels, winners of a record 21 OVC titles, tallied 82 points in the poll. Since Dean Hood took over as EKU's head coach in 2008, the Colonels have won two OVC championships and 33 league games. Both of those numbers rank second among the nine OVC football teams.

Meanwhile, Robert Morris was tabbed to finish third in the Northeast Conference. The Colonials return 10 starters and 20 letterwinners from last year's team that controlled its own destiny for a FCS playoff spot in the final two weeks of the season. RMU also claimed four spots on the preseason All-NEC squad, led by senior defensive back Antwan Eddie earning honors at two separate positions.
GAMEDAY INFORMATION

Game Notes
--Click here for EKU game notes.

Opponent Information
--Click here for the Robert Morris football web site.
--Click here for Robert Morris' game notes.

Television
--None

Video Streaming
--Thursday's game can be seen on the web for FREE on NEC Front Row. Click here to watch.

Live Audio
--Thursday's game can be heard locally on WCYO 100.7 FM. Click here for live radio broadcast! WCYO is now streaming on most mobile devices. Download the TuneIn Radio app, available for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, Blackberry, Palm and Windows Phone.
Who you got?
I think EKU puts up a lot of points. I'll take the Colonels 45-14.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I think EKU puts up a lot of points. I'll take the Colonels 45-14.

Are you going to get to go to the game, Walt?
Eku 42-7.