Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Harmon & Shawn Grimm
For those of you that have been fortunate enough to see both play, who do you see as being the better back of the two?

I've seen Harmon more than I have Grimm, but Grimm keeps putting up great numbers that are hard to ignore.

Based on what I've seen, I give the edge to Harmon because he seems to be a stronger runner.

The crazy thing is that Harmon is a sophomore & Grimm a junior.
No clue. I think Grimm has put up numbers agains better competition week in and week out. Harmon is excellent, and IMO has a good chance to be awesome.

Completely unbiased, I have to say Grimm at this point.
I would say Grimm. But Jc has a better all around team. Makes Grimm look all the better.
LovetheBucs Wrote:No clue. I think Grimm has put up numbers agains better competition week in and week out. Harmon is excellent, and IMO has a good chance to be awesome.

Completely unbiased, I have to say Grimm at this point.

Actually JC has played one good team, Pikeville has played 4...
JC has played a very weak schedule. I won't pick between the two backs though, since I haven't seen Grimm play. Obviously both backs would start in any backfield east of Lexington.
ive seen harmon play and this kid is the real deal. as sson as the ball hits his hands his shoulders are square to the line and he is running downhill. and like somone mentioned before he is just a sophomore. the edge goes to harmon imo.
DH is the man.
If JC played Pikeville they would KILL them and still have played an "easy" schedule. Give them credit. They are a great team. Just because no one gives them a game doesn't mean the other team isn't good.
eaglehoops Wrote:If JC played Pikeville they would KILL them and still have played an "easy" schedule. Give them credit. They are a great team. Just because no one gives them a game doesn't mean the other team isn't good.

JC would not kill them. JC has a good ball team, but not great.
We will see how they fare into the third and fourth rounds of the playoffs.
hillbilly Wrote:JC would not kill them. JC has a good ball team, but not great.
We will see how they fare into the third and fourth rounds of the playoffs.
How far either team goes in the playoffs has nothing to do with deciding anything. Class 3A is a whole nother world than 1A. Pikeville has a good team, but they are nowhere near being in Johnson Central's league this year. Maybe in years past, but not this year.
Johnson Central would beat Pikeville like beating a red-headed step child. Pikeville wouldn't come within 3 TD's of beating JC.
Grimm by far
Harmon is good though
BCF4L Wrote:Johnson Central would beat Pikeville like beating a red-headed step child. Pikeville wouldn't come within 3 TD's of beating JC.

You need to get off that smoke!
I would like to see Pikeville play JC
I'm undecided. I really haven't seen either of them enough to make a good decision.

But they are both great backs.
They are both very good, but no doubt it has to be Grimm!
I pick Grimm, after seeing what he did to Paintsville and the numbers he is putting up against everyone in 3A, he definately has my vote. As for Harmon, I watched him til halftime this past friday against Hazard and I was very impressed, he is gonna be a dandy, he already is. I'll probably watch this weeks game against my Tigers til about halftime cause that will be abaout all I can stand to watch.
Grimm by far
I haven't seen Harmon so I really can't make any comments on him.

However, I've been watching Grim since grade school. The thing with Shawn is not only can he run, but he can take a hit and stay on his feet. He explodes through the holes and takes two or three hits every time, but manages to stay on his feet and get the yardage. It just pure determination. He really is pure joy to watch.
Grimm!
Grimm is better IMO. Harmon is a great player though.
I havnt seen Harmon play..But Grimm is a good athlete
you can't compare two teams by who they've played.... JC is a good team and so is Pikeville, if they played now, Pikeville would play a good game, but i would have to say JC would more than likely win by 2 TD's
but if Pikeville still had Mayo all these past weeks, i'd have to say Pikeville would win
but who knows, they wont play this year so we cant really say anything, until the day comes that they do no one really knows.... oh yea, Grimm is putting up some crazy numbers, Harmon just dosent wanna go down, just when u think hes gonna fall or get tackeled, he spins/jukes his way out of it.... they're both great, but id say in the long run, Harmon will put up more numbers than Grimm, considering DH is jus a sophmore and has another year longer to run crazy than Grimm