Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am not taking it as an argument...just a god ole fashioned fun debate.

The crux of my point is actually what you have left out though... Its not like Belfry just coasted until they reached the Finals...

2010:
First of all 2010 was one of the three years I gave Bell credit for earlier for having the better team. Absolutely no denying that or debating it as that was a Belfry team that drastically overachieved. I also won't even attempt to deny Bell had a tougher path that year playing in 4A. Though Belfry's playoff run that year wasn't to shabby either.. Mason County was A Top 5 team and Belfry beat them on the road... Somerset was undefeated and the #1 3A team in the State entering that game... then Belfry got skull mashed by Central.

2011:
What is missing is 12-2 Garrard County... a very, very good Garrard County team who IMHO was the 3rd best 3A team that year. To insinuate Bell had a tougher playoff path just doesn't hold water because it is about who you actually play. In 2011 Belfry played three excellent teams in the playoffs...Bell played only Central. Could Bell have made a run on the opposite end? Maybe... but all we can go off of was they lost to only good team they faced whereas Belfry beat two very good teams. To top it off Central beat Bell going away, whereas the Belfry game came down to a TD pass in the back of the endzone.

2012:
What is missing is 13-0 Bourbon County. Once again...Bell played one good team in their playoff run and lost (on their homefield with Central reeling from injuries).. Belfry meanwhile played three of the Top 5 teams in 3A and won two of them against Bourbon and Breathitt. NO team in 3A had a tougher path.

2013:
You left this one off despite putting 2010... once again Bell played one good team (Central wasn't even a Top 5 team last year IMHO) and lost... Belfry's playoff path included beating a Top 10 Pike Central, a #3 Bourbon, and a #2 Wayne County

It doesn't matter if 7 of the 10 best teams are in the West if you don't play them... meanwhile Belfry has not only been playing some of the bets teams in their class in their playoff runs..they have beat them

All we know is since Bell joined 3A they are O-For-3 in the playoffs when they play a Top 5 team... Belfry, OTOH, has went 6-2. Any assumption of a win by Bell with Belfry's path is purely subjecture..whereas Belfry has proven they have earned their title wins.

I'm not insinuating that Bell would have won any of those games that Belfry did. I only stated that it would be a fair assessment that Belfry would have finished no better than a Region Runner-up against Central in 2011 and 2012. Therefore, I didn't consider it that much more impressive than Bell losing to Central as they did. Belfry has proven they earned every game they have. I will go ahead and concede because it is making me sick to my stomach to try to validate a team I despise...:igiveup:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I'm not insinuating that Bell would have won any of those games that Belfry did. I only stated that it would be a fair assessment that Belfry would have finished no better than a Region Runner-up against Central in 2011 and 2012. Therefore, I didn't consider it that much more impressive than Bell losing to Central as they did. Belfry has proven they earned every game they have. I will go ahead and concede because it is making me sick to my stomach to try to validate a team I despise...:igiveup:

HAHA I feel you...I felt unclean in my soul taking up for Pikeville on that greatest 1A team thread.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:All you need to know is that Bell was in the West with much more competition. So Belfry gets the nod because they lost to the State Champion in the Finals rather than Bell losing to them during Region or Semi-Finals? Really, if Central is playing in the East for that span Bell probably has 3 runner-ups while Belfry is out in Region or Semi-Finals. Look at the records, those same years that Belfry was losing in the Finals Bell had lost to the same team or eventual state champion. Yet, Belfry dominates... You're better than that analysis. I can't stand Bell County and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they NEVER won another game, but some of your logic is flawed.

You are just mad cause your team can't beat us.
This might be the most discussed WYMT Mountain Top 10... EVER!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This might be the most discussed WYMT Mountain Top 10... EVER!!
Or the most elaborate one
Amped 88 Wrote:You are just mad cause your team can't beat us.

As a player I had a winning record against Bell, as a coach I'm undefeated against Bell...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA I feel you...I felt unclean in my soul taking up for Pikeville on that greatest 1A team thread.

HAHA I know your sacrifice is appreciated EKU. :biggrin: Hopefully the football Gods will forgive you.:Thumbs:
Lynch47 Wrote:Not sure why he was trying to hang a hat on 2 wins against JC in 09 and 10. Not sure what you are hinting at either, but the way I read your comment is that Belfry beat them in those years, which they did not. Either way, Belfry has been king dick for the past 10 years and for someone to say otherwise is foolish.

dick being the key word.
Awwww, what's wrong pjdoug. Lol
skully03 Wrote:Awwww, what's wrong pjdoug. Lol

not a thing Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:not a thing Confusednicker:
Football is finally here, all is well...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:As a player I had a winning record against Bell, as a coach I'm undefeated against Bell...

You must mean MS coach not high school. And the last time I checked they won't play us in MS because of all of those beat downs.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:As a player I had a winning record against Bell, as a coach I'm undefeated against Bell...

As you know I was a little further south at a certain County school around that time and I had a winning record against Bell as well :biggrin:

Some people forget those years before Dudley took them to where they are at.
I see it happening again as well.
Amped 88 Wrote:You must mean MS coach not high school. And the last time I checked they won't play us in MS because of all of those beat downs.

Honest question, how many conference titles did Bell have back when there was a conference with Whitley, Bell, Mboro, Harlan, Knox North, Knox South, and somebody else I cant remember? I know Whitley ran the table for a few years, and it always seemed like Harlan, Mboro, and Bell were the only ones that really gave any competition. Surprisingly, I remember having harder times with Mboro than I do with Bell.
It would have been mid 90's to mid 00's I believe. Cant remember exactly when it started.
Amped 88 Wrote:You must mean MS coach not high school. And the last time I checked they won't play us in MS because of all of those beat downs.

You must be talking about the beat down your coach did on a referee that stopped the series. Maybe they can meet up in the playoffs, so you can get your matchup you want.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You must be talking about the beat down your coach did on a referee that stopped the series. Maybe they can meet up in the playoffs, so you can get your matchup you want.

The beat down was on the field that was a fan not a coach. So you where the one that waved the white flag. You didn't have a winning record against Bell then we beat your tails.

What do you coach? Tennis?
TopCat Wrote:What do you coach? Tennis?

:thatsfunn
Corbin quit playing us in middle school just like HS when they could not compete. They ran and hide. Dude I doubt you ever played where u a hamburger eater?
TopCat you are on a roll.
Amped 88 Wrote:The beat down was on the field that was a fan not a coach. So you where the one that waved the white flag. You didn't have a winning record against Bell then we beat your tails.

Last 2 times they played in MS corbin beat bell by 40 plus. Bell was getting it handed to them when the parent/coach punched the ref. Like I said i had a winning record as a player and destroyed Bell my first 2 years of coaching. I've been known to enjoy a nice burger, and I would put my grill skills up against anyone...
TopCat Wrote:Corbin quit playing us in middle school just like HS when they could not compete. They ran and hide. Dude I doubt you ever played where u a hamburger eater?

You would think there would have been a matchup in the MS state playoffs over the last 6 years, but unfortunately Bell is never around in the late rounds...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Last 2 times they played in MS corbin beat bell by 40 plus. Bell was getting it handed to them when the parent/coach punched the ref. Like I said i had a winning record as a player and destroyed Bell my first 2 years of coaching. I've been known to enjoy a nice burger, and I would put my grill skills up against anyone...

nothing better than a good burger Confusednicker: