Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You vote for rep or dem
Quit complaining about how things are.

This is all on you.

Both parties continue to kill this country and you keep following them.:flame:
I'm a registered democrat, but I'll vote for whoever I feel is the right person for the job.

I don't claim to be a democrat or a republican. Both sides have their idiots.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Quit complaining about how things are.

This is all on you.

Both parties continue to kill this country and you keep following them.:flame:

So your advice is not support any candidate Republican or Democrat? To my knowledge, the Libertarian Party has been the closest thing to a viable alternative, and the best showing they've been able to muster in the entire combined history of the party, was way back in 1972 when the Libertarian candidate for VP (Tonie Nathan), got the lone electoral vote ever cast for a libertarian, or a woman. At any rate, I hate to break this to you but the complaining is part of the process. The self same process in which our constitution was hammered out at the constitutional convention in Philadelphia back in 1776. In fact, James Madison was beside himself when at least 40 of his proposals were rejected at the convention. Possibly the most notable of them being proportional senate representation for the states.

The real battle lines are not between Dems and Republicans anyway. The true fight is between liberal/progressives (which are hiding within the Democrat organization) and conservatives (which supposedly tout conservative Christian values but are similarly diminished by the presence of RINO's). The Dems therefore, openly campaign on things like handouts, the promise of more and ever more relaxed restrictions on access to abortion, and espouse liberal social values such as legalized same sex marriage. Admittedly, Republicans have rolled over more often than not with regard to our traditional values, and have not done a very good job in holding the line. Ironically by way of the fabled double whammy, the thing that weakened Republican's mandate to govern, has been their willingness to compromise their convictions with the liberal faction that presently has control of the Democratic Party. In addition to that and never wanting to miss an opportunity, liberals perceiving the rather chinless tendencies of the Republicans not to stand their ground, have labeled them as obstructionists. I mean, Republicans have been backing up as fast as they could for some time now, LOL. But, that is the nature and the judgment for those being guilty of this famous axiom, "stand for something or fall for anything."

As I have mentioned before, man seems to have an inherent tendency to inevitably bow before government. Because of this fact Thomas Jefferson recognized with overwhelming conviction, that the power of the state must rest with the "people", rather than with the state. Well, we Americans got a bit lazy. In fact, most haven't the vaguest familiarity with basic high school civics. Hence we are blown about by the same old tired and threadbare campaign rhetoric, accusations and innuendo emanating out of DC. However, the system worked well for over two millennia and, if America can possibly shake herself back to a wakened state, it could work again.

To me, the problem is complacency. Self governance is far more profound a calling than a braindead choice between Dems and Republicans. The choice therefore is about what's right and wrong, and what is best for the common good. This mad secular rush to reward special interests and minorities, has neutered our moral standing in the world, and gutted our treasury. Yes, it would be marvelous if man were united in brotherhood but, the truth is he is not. Hence America has lost her identity to the point where the uber tolerant among us will not even secure the borders. Even the earliest civilizations recognized the prerequisite of sovereignty. Orderly society is impossible without it. Thus, a return to the America in which we all grew up will not happen apart from a national revival. "We the people" must awaken and take up the challenge of self governance again, or America will truly find herself irrevocably "transformed."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a registered Democrat and proud of it. But I whole my nose an vote for local Republican. :truestory:
I'm a registered Republican; my husband is a registered Democrat.

We usually vote identically, the person who we feel will do the better job.
Republicans support the protection of all innocent life- including that of our most vulnerable preborn human beings. Democrats support the premeditated murder of these innocent human beings who, from conception, have separate DNA from the woman carrying them.

For that reason alone, I must vote Republican. I have far too much to answer for in the hereafter. I won't add the abomination of abortion to my sad resume.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Republicans support the protection of all innocent life- including that of our most vulnerable preborn human beings. Democrats support the premeditated murder of these innocent human beings who, from conception, have separate DNA from the woman carrying them.

For that reason alone, I must vote Republican. I have far too much to answer for in the hereafter. I won't add the abomination of abortion to my sad resume.

Oh my gosh, you and me both. Many have spoken of the "sweet by and by", which prompted one of my friends to joke about the "nasty now and now," and the judgment men are sure to incur as a result of our actions while we are still alive and on this earth. Some refer to that as "reaping what you sow", and some say "what goes around comes around" while still others prefer to think that "chickens will come home to roost" but, regardless of one's rationale, lucid minded folk realize that America is guilty of a great many trespasses these days. Advancing gay rights, rewarding morally bad behavior both in and out of the criminal justice system, violating signed treaties and foreign policy memorandums, the list is long. At any rate, I would think the sin of nationally legalized abortion alone, is enough to guarantee our national demise, much less once we add in all the other stuff. So, we shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking that we won't have to answer up while we are in this world, cause we will indeed.

God, Whose word will not return unto Him void, and Whom we know will not be mocked, has said the following; Numbers 32:23 (KJV)
23 "But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out."
Every sin, no matter how small is seen of God.

You are very right in not supporting any political figure who openly promises to support the barbarous slaughter of the innocents. But, let me say that in a way that leaves no chance of doubt. Those who actually murder unborn babes in or out of US house-of-horror abortion clinics, or those who vote in the congress to support the practice of abortion and, any judge who finds in favor of abortion, is guilty IMHO of murder. Further, those who vote to install or reelect the afore mentioned to the legislatures or the bench will share in a portion of their legacy and guilt. Since one of the Democrat party's platform planks, is a hair on fire, no holds barred bull rush to provide tax payer funded abortion on demand to any who desire it, they are therefore guilty by definition of infanticide. I will never vote for any Democrat because I just don't trust them.

Folks should rest assured that God knows everything we do, and that includes our voting record. So, on the scales of eternity, does the old argument about Democrats being for the working man justify the rest of what comes with it? Not for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vote the lesser of two weevils.
64SUR Wrote:I'm a registered Democrat and proud of it. But I whole my nose an vote for local Republican. :truestory:
While I will vote for some local republicans(I don't have much choice), I only pull the democrat lever on state/national elections.
Ive never voted for a Democrat in any election. Period.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive never voted for a Democrat in any election. Period.
I'm not surprised.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Republicans support the protection of all innocent life- including that of our most vulnerable preborn human beings. Democrats support the premeditated murder of these innocent human beings who, from conception, have separate DNA from the woman carrying them.

There is no christian hereafter, you screwed up.
^ Aren't you adding warmonger, killer of troops from the US, and other countries, killer of children(in the bible) to your resume when you announce your christianity?
Quote:Many Christians are staunch anti-abortionists because, well, God just loves little children. After all, the bible says a lot of stuff about how god made us, like Isaiah 44:24:

“This is what the LORD says—your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself.”

baby killerImage by obo-bobolina via Flickr
The old guy just can’t resist an opportunity to toot his own horn. Over and over and over…

So apparently god’s a little artsy-craftsy and his hobby (when he isn’t stretching out the heavens and spreading the earth all by himself) is forming little fetuses in women’s wombs. So there you have it. God loves little babies and it is a dire sin to have an abortion and destroy his handiwork.

What amazes me about all the Christian pro-life movement is the complete denial of the countless babies and pregnant women that god has smote over the centuries as recorded in their bible. First of all he wiped out the entire human race except for Noah, Mrs. Noah and their six sons and daughters-in-law. Drowned them all like unwanted kittens. He clearly didn’t give a rat’s ass about those babies, even though as an all-powerful being he could have easily found a less heinous solution.

And let’s not forget about the tenth plague which was the death of the firstborn of Egypt in Exodus 11:4-6:
"Thus says the LORD: About midnight I will go forth in the midst of Egypt; and all the first-born in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first-born of Pharaoh who sits upon his throne, even to the first-born of the maidservant who is behind the mill; and all the first-born of the cattle. And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there has never been, nor ever shall be again.“

He (God) clearly didn’t give a rat’s ass about those babies, even though as an all-powerful being he could have easily found a less heinous solution.It sounds like he is sort of proud of this plague, doesn’t it? The really sick thing is that god admittedly hardened Pharaoh's heart so he wouldn’t let the Hebrew people go and ruin all god’s fun. So this is another example of god killing babies, and, I am assuming, unborn babies as well. Wow! What an awesome god they serve. Not!

1 Samuel 15:3 god says,
“Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.”

Again god has absolutely no regard for the sanctity of human life—not even infants. How can Christians cite god as a source for being pro-life? Clearly they haven’t read their own bibles.

My personal favorite Bizarro bible scripture is Psalms 137:9,
“ Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

Eeeewww! This is supposed to be inspired by a loving, perfect, just god? I think not. There are just too many inconsistencies in the bible to take the book seriously. If it doesn’t fit you must just quit (Sorry Johnnie for the paraphrase). So the next time you want to mess with a Christian's mind, ask them to explain why a god who is so against abortions can so callously and easily kill millions of babies without a blink of his celestial eye? God made them in their mother’s wombs so he could have a little fun and kill them shortly thereafter? And we wicked humans are supposed to be the sinners who need saving by him?
http://new.exchristian.net/2011/02/god-baby-killer.html
^^Still proselytizing for Satan there RV, or just trying to provoke? As I mentioned years ago. Your argument is not with posters on BGR, it is with God.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (KJV)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

After all. Rejection of Christ means rejection of the truth. Therefore into that void where truth should rightly reside, must rush something else. That something will always be a lie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Psalms 137:9 is speaking of the despondent Jew, held in captivity in Babylonia around 600BC after Nebuchadnezzar took Jerusalem and carried the temple vessels back to Susa.

He recalls the horror, as he sits there unable to sing Psalms again because of the memory of what happened to his family. A barbarian of the Babylonian Army wrested his infant child out of his wife's arms. And there while they watched, the soldier bashed the babe's brains out against a rock. Human life was cheap in that day and doesn't seem to have become that much more pricey in this day when one considers the millions we Americans and the rest of the world have slaughtered.

The previous verse (8), is restating the law of retribution, and is still a principle of the child of God today. "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." What the Jew is saying is O God, let what they did to us happen to them.

Guys like the one you quoted above rarely have the first clue what they're talking about and, like the uninvited guest of the parable of the Marriage Supper. They will be speechless before the God of whom man cannot even look upon and still live.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^^Still proselytizing for Satan there RV, or just trying to provoke? As I mentioned years ago. Your argument is not with posters on BGR, it is with God.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (KJV)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

After all. Rejection of Christ means rejection of the truth. Therefore into that void where truth should rightly reside, must rush something else. That something will always be a lie.
No, because if your god isn't real, neither is your satan. The bible has to be real, for your god to be real, or satan. Have fun though. BTW, the guy quoted your bible to prove that your god is a child/baby killer. Not his words, your bible's words.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, because if your god isn't real, neither is your satan. The bible has to be real, for your god to be real, or satan. Have fun though. BTW, the guy quoted your bible to prove that your god is a child/baby killer. Not his words, your bible's words.

Fine, you want to call it MY Bible and Him MY God, although it is The Bible and He is The Living God, I can certainly live with that. But, let's at least keep some measure of validity in play with regard to your acrid criticisms of the Almighty. "The guy" misinterpreted a verse completely out of left field, with not a glimmer of understanding of the context. I provided that context and as usual you chose to ignore it in favor of blissful ignorance. Only one loose end left to tie, the proof you mentioned lies far removed from you both.

It's the end of time so, you have helped to demonstrate the nature of the schism which will so passionately define both sides. I had hoped you might have mellowed some but, it I see you've just doubled down.

And BTW, that would make him your Satan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just threw that in so y'all could have some more fun.
TheRealThing Wrote:Fine, you want to call it MY Bible and Him MY God, although it is The Bible and He is The Living God, I can certainly live with that. But, let's at least keep some measure of validity in play with regard to your acrid criticisms of the Almighty. "The guy" misinterpreted a verse completely out of left field, with not a glimmer of understanding of the context. I provided that context and as usual you chose to ignore it in favor of blissful ignorance. Only one loose end left to tie, the proof you mentioned lies far removed from you both.

It's the end of time so, you have helped to demonstrate the nature of the schism which will so passionately define both sides. I had hoped you might have mellowed some but, it I see you've just doubled down.

And BTW, that would make him your Satan.
Your god didn't kill children? Your argument is not with me, it's with your arrogant god and your bible.
TheRealVille Wrote:Your god didn't kill children? Your argument is not with me, it's with your arrogant god and your bible.

I wouldn't dignify most of the comments that guy made with a response, though, I can see why somebody like you would admire him. It's so typical of those wanting to vilify the innocent, to take a snippet of a statement or a writing with which to take liberties regarding the actual context. But, when man presumes to judge God, he has taken upon himself the demonic. At that point we are looking at the embodiment of the central trait of the spirit of antichrist, who will shortly take the world stage to blaspheme and boast at unthinkable levels. And, for the record you are wrong about one thing. I don't argue with God, I bow before Him gladly.

Without the risk of belaboring the issue at all, I will just use 2 more verses to once again put his hellish distortions into proper context. 1 Samuel 15:1-3 (KJV)
1 Samuel also said unto Saul, The LORD sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the LORD.
2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

When God speaks here of Amalek, He is referring to the Amalekites. They were marauding nomads who lived in the desert region through which the captives of Israel passed through after the Lord forced Pharaoh to release them. Much like the evil ISIS, Hamas or al-Qaeda of today, they were a ruthless and murderous people. Amalek came in from behind the people fleeing from Egypt to murder the weakest of them. Deuteronomy 25:17-19 (KJV)
17 Remember what Amalek did unto thee by the way, when ye were come forth out of Egypt;
18 How he met thee by the way, and smote the hindmost of thee, even all that were feeble behind thee, when thou wast faint and weary; and he feared not God.
19 Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it.

Further, when God says something He means it. And when speaking of the Jew He also said this; Genesis 12:2-3 (KJV)
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Hence, Amalek was dealt with as will all who would become the left hand of Satan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/killergod.html

Right. It's all in how one chooses to characterize a matter. Bill Clinton says it all depends on what your definition of is, is. And God says differently; James 5:12 (KJV)
12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]