• 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Appeals KHSAA Football Realignment
jetpilot Wrote:Yes you could.
The "original" call was "preliminary" which means "not final."
Now it's "final."
But you may be right. The compelling evidence is what put Hazard in District 7. And we haven't dismissed keeping the district the same. Allen Central went to 2A and they moved the closest Class A team in to take Allen Central's spot. Don't know why you are having a hard time grasping that. Your hope that they will move a team farther away (Hazard) in is illogical, so you are stuck with hoping they move 2 teams into District 8 so you can get rid of Hazard. They had a chance to do that with the "final" realignment and didn't.

Yes, I'm the one in this conversation having a hard time grasping facts, so it's nice of you to spell it out for me.
What was that compelling evidence that put Hazard in District 7?
HDE Wrote:Yes, I'm the one in this conversation having a hard time grasping facts, so it's nice of you to spell it out for me.
What was that compelling evidence that put Hazard in District 7?

Glad to help HDE. Going round and round in circles with you and I am done with it. I explained in very simple terms what my reasoning is. Not complicated at all.

Now, Hazard probably does have one argument that the KHSAA might listen to but no one has brought it up and I'm not going to make their argument for them. And it's not travel time or safety issues. And in fact, their only argument IMO that the KHSAA might listen to you have argued against in this thread.
You two need marital counseling.
mysonis55 Wrote:You two need marital counseling.

Only if you and 64 join us.:devilflam
It appears that Hazard will be staying in District 7. Appeal was read and motion to keep Bulldogs in district 7 passed earlier today at the Board of Control meeting.
jammin' jamey Wrote:It appears that Hazard will be staying in District 7. Appeal was read and motion to keep Bulldogs in district 7 passed earlier today at the Board of Control meeting.

I have allready forgot what district hazard wanted in. :thanks:
So who will be in that district now?
Westside Wrote:LEXINGTON, Ky. (WYMT) - Hazard High School is appealing a ruling by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association that would keep the school's football program in Class A District 7 for the 2015-2018 seasons.

A proposed draft of the realignment placed Hazard in Class A District 8, along with Jenkins, Phelps, Pikeville, and South Floyd, However, when the final draft was released in May of 2014 Hazard was moved back to District 7.

According to an email sent from Hazard Principal Happy Mobelini to KHSAA Commissioner Julian Tackett, Hazard was "in favor" of the move to District 8 but was moved back to District 7 "against (their) will."

Several other schools have contacted Commissioner Tackett, voicing their support of the appeal, citing a number of issues with keeping Hazard in District
7; gas, travel, geography, etc.

No representative of Hazard or the KHSAA was available for comment.

The KHSAA will discuss the appeal, among other topics, at its Board of Control Meeting on Monday, July 14.

Proposed Realignment

Class A, District 7
Harlan
Lynn Camp
Pineville
Williamsburg

Class A, District 8
Jenkins
Hazard
Phelps
Pikeville
South Floyd

Final Realignment
Class A, District 7
Harlan
Hazard
Lynn Camp
Pineville
Williamsburg

Class A, District 8
Jenkins
Phelps
Pikeville
South Floyd

http://www.wymt.com

Had to go back an see what I was disagreeing with. Confusednicker:
So now they will be in the same dist as the orange jackets.
jammin' jamey Wrote:It appears that Hazard will be staying in District 7. Appeal was read and motion to keep Bulldogs in district 7 passed earlier today at the Board of Control meeting.

No surprise here. Doesn't change much in the long run and when all is said and done, the best team just about always wins the region...
Hazard will win that district 95% of the time.
^not in the next 4 years. That's why they wanted out.
Yes they will. The burg will shoot their wad this year. Then, who is gonna beat them.
Outside of what Williamsburg has had the past few years I don't know what there future looks like. I know they should be pretty solid and good for this year and about two more but from then I don't know.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yes they will. The burg will shoot their wad this year. Then, who is gonna beat them.

The burg is on the state line like your school and Belfry and some others...they are getting transfers in a big way and Hazard sees the writing on the wall...plus Hazard's talent level is in decline especially after Jones is gone after this year...
You guys do not see the big picture.

Hazard being away from Phelps and Pikeville district was a deal made a long time ago, Dr. Webb and Ancie Casey want that, deal was part of the Lawrence Co. To 60th in basketball.
Williamsburg should have a really good freshman class this year to go with the senior class. They will be competitive for a while.
There is no "perfect" scenario but this appeal should be heard. The proposed alignment should have been the final one.

What I heard was WRONG yesterday. My apologies for not checking a little deeper…Hazard WILL move to District 8 per this morning's press release.

By a vote of 14-3, the Board approved an appeal by Hazard to move the football team to District 8 for the Class 1A 2015-18 alignment. Hazard had been placed in District 7 in the alignment adopted in May.

http://khsaa.org/071514-board-of-control...djustment/
So the burg still has a chance at winning districts after this year. Top Notch is totally relieved.
mysonis55 Wrote:Hazard will win that district 95% of the time.

What district mysonis55 you have a chance to change your mind on the 95% of the time. Confusednicker:
Well this latest thing shows y'all in a dist by yourselves. They have me all confused now. If this latest is correct, Fulton City could win that dist.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well this latest thing shows y'all in a dist by yourselves. They have me all confused now. If this latest is correct, Fulton City could win that dist.

:lmao:
64, I heard that Fulton Co and Fulton are both appealing to have yall moved to our dist and them moved to yalls.
How can Fulton still have two schools? They'd still be Class A with one. I think they are two of the four smallest football playing schools in the state.
I know. They should combine. If they did, they would be tough.
Well, I did a little deeper digging. This has bothered me some, with the "Pikeville whined" stuff. I reviewed all responses received to the surveys about the proposed realignments. Then I reviewed the appeal letters, etc. Hazard NEVER responded to the original survey, so they did not complain about being in D8. Phelps responded in the most detail, specifically proposing that Hazard be part of D6!!! Wow. Anyway, their chief concern was travel time. Pikeville's response was due to 5 team district and not being a fan of that. That was the extent.

Where it really gets funny is when they were proposing putting Hazard back in D7, EVERYONE wrote letters to KHSAA in support of Hazard, it seems, and basically all alleging Pikeville was the evil mastermind behind it. The Williamsburg response however, was priceless. I'm attaching a screen shot. For some reason, the appeal letter from Mr. Peters just makes me laugh. FYI, all of this stuff is available to the public, just go to the BOC link of KHSAA website.
Screen shot of survey responses showing Pikeville and Phelps responses. It would not allow me to attach this to my previous comment.
What does it matter? That is the districts, now move on and quit worrying about who whined.
mysonis55 Wrote:What does it matter? That is the districts, now move on and quit worrying about who whined.
Just clarifying it for anyone interested. I said before Pikeville doesn't run from whomever is on the schedule, it just irritates me people always think Pikeville is some kind of evil puppetmaster pulling strings behind the scenes.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next