•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Appeals KHSAA Football Realignment
jetpilot Wrote:And I know that Phelps has been playing their home games at Belfry (Vipperman). Doesn't change the argument that distance and travel times are approximately the same for them either way. Bottom line: The KHSAA doesn't have a valid reason to agree with Hazard's appeal. Hazard's contention that the KHSAA can't read a map or use map software doesn't hold water in this instance.
Exactly. And let's also cut to the chase here. While the KHSAA will get very little love from me in many things, even I have to say they will look at two things only in their review of the appeal: 1). Look who is supporting Hazards move. Of course they are. They allmwant a better shot at winning at least a district title here and there. The letters of support will not be relevant in any way, shape or form. 2). Who travels and brings out good fan support for games, therefore making some money? Pikeville and Hazard. The though tha they would be pitting them against each other any earlier and perhaps knocking out a cash cow before they even get to a district title game does not make the KHSAA happy.

Leaving it like it is will make everyone the happiest. That being said, as a Pikeville Alum, I AM slightly insulted and offended that it appears Hazard is so eager to come over. But hey, I've never seen Pikeville back down from playing anyone on the field, so if it is changed, I'd say most fans would welcome them over. Phelps and all the others likely would not be so happy though. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:Exactly. And let's also cut to the chase here. While the KHSAA will get very little love from me in many things, even I have to say they will look at two things only in their review of the appeal: 1). Look who is supporting Hazards move. Of course they are. They allmwant a better shot at winning at least a district title here and there. The letters of support will not be relevant in any way, shape or form. 2). Who travels and brings out good fan support for games, therefore making some money? Pikeville and Hazard. The though tha they would be pitting them against each other any earlier and perhaps knocking out a cash cow before they even get to a district title game does not make the KHSAA happy.

Leaving it like it is will make everyone the happiest. That being said, as a Pikeville Alum, I AM slightly insulted and offended that it appears Hazard is so eager to come over. But hey, I've never seen Pikeville back down from playing anyone on the field, so if it is changed, I'd say most fans would welcome them over. Phelps and all the others likely would not be so happy though. Lol

Not only winning a district title here and there but replacing Hazard on their schedule with a team they can beat. Those teams are starving for wins anywhere the can find them. Agree with your post 100%.
jetpilot Wrote:Am I missing something? Hazard would play Phelps, not Paintsville.
Phelps is 1 hr, 58 minutes from Hazard so that changes the average to 1 hr 19 minutes. So with two road games a year Hazard is complaining about being on a bus 12 more minutes twice a year? Really?:lame:

If the bus trips were 12-minutes shorter in District 7 you would be using that argument as a reason to keep Hazard away from Pikeville.
Even with Phelps taken out, Hazard was closer to three of the teams in District 8 than all of District 7. That is hardly a lame excuse.
HDE Wrote:If the bus trips were 12-minutes shorter in District 7 you would be using that argument as a reason to keep Hazard away from Pikeville.
Even with Phelps taken out, Hazard was closer to three of the teams in District 8 than all of District 7. That is hardly a lame excuse.

Wrong and wrong. 12 minutes twice a year is lame no matter where it comes from and no one can appeal over 12 minutes on a bus twice a year with a straight face or expect anyone to take that argument seriously. You better come up something better.

Also, Hazard has gone on the road to Somerset, Lexington Christian, Sheldon Clark and Fairview twice in the last two seasons...they weren't worried about an extra 12 minutes on the bus when they scheduled those games.:please:
Just set the guidelines and play by them. I don't think anyone should complain about who is their district. Make your schedule, go play and try to win as many as you can.
Hazard just don't want to travel on the Daniel Boone Parkway I mean Hal Roger Parkway. Gate money is hazard hang-up.Lynn Camp,Harlan and Pineville right now just don't have a big following of fans...after this year Williamsburg fan base will even get smaller...I Think :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:Hazard just don't want to travel on the Daniel Boone Parkway I mean Hal Roger Parkway. Gate money is hazard hang-up.Lynn Camp,Harlan and Pineville right now just don't have a big following of fans...after this year Williamsburg fan base will even get smaller...I Think :HitWall:

They have a lot more fans than Phelps, South Floyd and Allen Central. Hazard's gate would be less in District 8, so that's not their hang-up in the appeal.
jetpilot Wrote:They have a lot more fans than Phelps, South Floyd and Allen Central. Hazard's gate would be less in District 8, so that's not their hang-up in the appeal.

Yes that right as of right now hazard will play one more 1A team in this districts I think hazard goal is for the Khasa to move south Floyd in another region. So they can pick up a money team..I think. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Yes that right as of right now hazard will play one more 1A team in this districts I think hazard goal is for the Khasa to move south Floyd in another region. So they can pick up a money team..I think. Confusednicker:

Maybe so, but that isn't on the table or what their appeal is about.
Not sure I made any sense. :popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:Maybe so, but that isn't on the table or what their appeal is about.

Injunction will be the next step on the table money talks. Over a year away..:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:Wrong and wrong. 12 minutes twice a year is lame no matter where it comes from and no one can appeal over 12 minutes on a bus twice a year with a straight face or expect anyone to take that argument seriously. You better come up something better.

Also, Hazard has gone on the road to Somerset, Lexington Christian, Sheldon Clark and Fairview twice in the last two seasons...they weren't worried about an extra 12 minutes on the bus when they scheduled those games.:please:

Districts should be about geography and it's a lot easier to travel from Hazard to the other 14th Region schools and the ones in the 15th than over the mountains into the 13th Region.
One more thought...
Why in the world would Hazard want to drop games with Harlan, Pineville and Lynn Camp and pick up South Floyd, Allen Central and Phelps? Over a lousy 24 minutes a year on a bus?Confusednicker:
HDE Wrote:Districts should be about geography and it's a lot easier to travel from Hazard to the other 14th Region schools and the ones in the 15th than over the mountains into the 13th Region.

24 minutes a year easier.Confusednicker:
And there aren't any 14th region schools in District 8.
zaga_fan Wrote:Proposed
Jenkins - 58 mins
Paintsville - 1 hr 12 mins
Pikeville - 1 hr 16 mins
South Floyd - 1 hr 4 mins
averages out to 1 hr 7.5 mins

Final
Pineville - 1 hr 38 mins
Williamsburg - 1 hr 40 mins
Harlan - 1 hr 18 mins
Lynn Camp - 1 hr 28 mins
averages out to 1 hr 31 mins

It's definitely a difference - and I don't see why it would be a big deal to change it.

One district is going to have 5 teams and that district is going to have either Williamsburg/Hazard or Pikeville/Hazard.

It just makes more sense to keep Hazard and the other schools from making the longer drives... but I don't make the rules Smile

Let's go back to my post here for a minute...
I was using google maps and the average difference was about 23 1/2 minutes.

Taking into consideration there is no google maps option for estimating a school bus traveling through Eastern Kentucky...
I think it's safe to say that the average difference will probably be closer to about 30 minutes.
So Hazard is fighting over an hour on nights they go on the road.

I think they have a legitimate argument.
I don't think the KHSAA listens to them - because they turn a deaf ear to everything they didn't come up with - but Hazard has a good case in this appeal.

And for the record - A Pikeville/Hazard regional final is any more glamorous than Williamsburg/Hazard or Williamsburg/Pikeville final.
Welcome to six-class football! The lake is a mile wide and an inch deep.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Welcome to six-class football! The lake is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Ha!
Let's ask Mysonis55 this is a question for the king of 1A. How would Mayfield feel about adding another weaker 1A team to their district. Now be honest King55. Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:24 minutes a year easier.Confusednicker:
And there aren't any 14th region schools in District 8.

You may want to check again.
I think Jenkins is still in the 14th, unless Virginia annexed them.
Quit crying and just play football. Why did they wait so long to appeal ?
64, if they put them in our district, we will play them. We don't need another weak team but, they have got to put them some where. Play who you have and move on. We hate to travel to Russellville, look up that dist road trip.
zaga_fan Wrote:Let's go back to my post here for a minute...
I was using google maps and the average difference was about 23 1/2 minutes.

Taking into consideration there is no google maps option for estimating a school bus traveling through Eastern Kentucky...
I think it's safe to say that the average difference will probably be closer to about 30 minutes.
So Hazard is fighting over an hour on nights they go on the road.

I think they have a legitimate argument.
I don't think the KHSAA listens to them - because they turn a deaf ear to everything they didn't come up with - but Hazard has a good case in this appeal.

And for the record - A Pikeville/Hazard regional final is any more glamorous than Williamsburg/Hazard or Williamsburg/Pikeville final.

I went back to your original post and you didn't even know who is in District 8. Last I saw the speed limit in E KY is 55 and school buses have no problem doing 55. So 24 minutes a year. :eyeroll: That is 2 minutes and 24 seconds a week over the course of a 10 week regular season. And Hazard scheduled games farther away (no one has responded to my earlier post on that) so they aren't worried about 24...freaking...minutes...a...year:hilarious:
HDE Wrote:You may want to check again.
I think Jenkins is still in the 14th, unless Virginia annexed them.

Ok Hazard already played Jenkins so Jenkins is a push...

So still...24 minutes a year...

Are you having everyone believe you (a guy from Harlan) are on a mission to save Hazard 24 minutes a year??? :biglmao:
I missed the Painstville/Phelps deal - and that does skew the numbers a little more...
but let's get real for a minute.

Hazard PREFERS to play against Pikeville in the District.
The Dawgs would rather drive a little bit less to put it on you guys over there in Pike County.

I hope the teams in District 8 want to lace up and play against Hazard - because it sounds to me like everyone over there wants to dodge em'

I could see why, though. They're the only Single-A team around here that's actually gotten any hardware in recent memory.

I wouldn't want to play them if I was from Pike County either.
Now that you are a Hazard advocate HDE, since you are so worried about Hazard, should they drop Harlan, Pineville and Lynn Camp and pick up South Floyd, Jenkins and Phelps to save 24 feakin' minutes a year?:biglmao:
zaga_fan Wrote:I missed the Painstville/Phelps deal - and that does skew the numbers a little more...
but let's get real for a minute.

Hazard PREFERS to play against Pikeville in the District.
The Dawgs would rather drive a little bit less to put it on you guys over there in Pike County.

I hope the teams in District 8 want to lace up and play against Hazard - because it sounds to me like everyone over there wants to dodge em'

I could see why, though. They're the only Single-A team around here that's actually gotten any hardware in recent memory.

I wouldn't want to play them if I was from Pike County either.

I agree with that although I don't know why, even after Pikeville hung 63 on them last year and took their foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter...nice try though
mysonis55 Wrote:64, if they put them in our district, we will play them. We don't need another weak team but, they have got to put them some where. Play who you have and move on. We hate to travel to Russellville, look up that dist road trip.

Didnt expects that answer from King55. I figure you would say hey look at mayfield traveling to Russellville and you would come back and say moved south Floyd to Raceland,Fairview and paintsville district and make it even....H®'ll put Williamsburg in with Raceland,Fairview and paintsville just make it even. :Sad04:
jetpilot Wrote:Now that you are a Hazard advocate HDE, since you are so worried about Hazard, should they drop Harlan, Pineville and Lynn Camp and pick up South Floyd, Jenkins and Phelps to save 24 feakin' minutes a year?:biglmao:

I think you're the one that's worried - about Pikeville not winning its district.
Hazard has been quite a bit better than all those teams for the last six or seven years. I remember Harlan beating them when they had their last good team, but it's been a while, so I don't think it matters a lot about who they play.
My biggest issue is fixing the five-team district. That makes no sense.
Keeping the 13th Region district (Harlan, Pineville, Lynn Camp and Williamsburg) also makes sense to me. Even you admit Hazard is closer to District 8, 24 minutes I think, on average. Is there a logical reason why Hazard doesn't fit better there, besides the argument about it being only 24 minutes longer.
HDE Wrote:I think you're the one that's worried - about Pikeville not winning its district.
Hazard has been quite a bit better than all those teams for the last six or seven years. I remember Harlan beating them when they had their last good team, but it's been a while, so I don't think it matters a lot about who they play.
Keeping the 13th Region district (Harlan, Pineville, Lynn Camp and Williamsburg) also makes sense to me. Even you admit Hazard is closer to District 8, 24 minutes I think, on average. Is there a logical reason why Hazard doesn't fit better there, besides the argument about it being only 24 minutes longer.

There isn't one...

There is the illogical shenanigans about Hazard and Pikeville needing to be save for the regional final.

Hazard is asking to be placed in a District that makes more sense geographically.

The change won't happen because it makes sense and that isn't the way we do things around here.
HDE Wrote:I think you're the one that's worried - about Pikeville not winning its district.

Putting Hazard in District 8 doesn't fix that. Please, you are fooling no one here.:lame:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next