Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Xavier 5 Simon Kenton 2 - State Championship
Final from Whitaker Bank Park.

St. Xavier wins the 2014 KHSAA State Baseball Championship.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Johnson Central has made three trips to the state baseball tournament.

2004: Lost 0-8 in the Elite 8 to Christian County.... who won state.
2007: Lost 0-10 in in the opening round in 5 innings to Paul Laurence Dunbar... who won state.
2014: Lost 3-6 in the Elite 8 to St. Xavier... who won state.

If somebody didn't know better... the evidence would suggest somebody doesn't want JC win a state baseball title. They've played in three state tournaments and had to face the eventual state champion all three times.
Aaaaaand ,they also knocked off the team that everyone from Pikeville to Paducah thought had the state championship locked up.

I'll accentuate the positive tonight.:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Aaaaaand ,they also knocked off the team that everyone from Pikeville to Paducah thought had the state championship locked up.

I'll accentuate the positive tonight.:biggrin:

Your Right Bobby.... JC beat the All-Mighty Tates Creek.... and didn't have to have the umpires reverse any calls either.
St. Xavier... 6A private school won the state baseball title.

Scott County... 6A public school won the state softball title.

Assumption.... private school won the state volleyball title.

Paul Laurence Dunabr.... 6A public school won the state boys soccer title.

Notre Dame... private school won the state girls soccer title.

Covington Catholic... 4A private school won the state basketball title.

Butler... 6A public school won the state girls basketball title.

Football: 1A - Mayfield; 2A - DeSales (Private/Louis.); 3A - Belfry; 4A - Collins; 5A - Bowling Green; 6A - Scott County

Union County: 2A public school won the state wrestling title.

Not sure about Cross Country, Track, Swimming & Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Tennis, Bowling, Archery, Bass Fishing

Lexington/Louisville/NKY.... it should be renamed.... the LLNKYHSAA
^ Your point being what PF? What is your solution?
My apologies I didn't see the complain because a large school from a city won the title, title of this thread. Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

Congrats to the Tigers on the Championship and a big hats off to Simon Kenton who was a .500 team back in April. They rallied and made a great run and NKY is proud of your efforts. Best wishes to the Pioneer seniors.

I'll say it again, don't diminish the efforts/success of others due to your unhappiness about _________ (fill in the blank). These kids deserve better. Start another thread to pursue your big-small, public-private debate.

Congrats to St. X on the W.

note: the last school represent NKY in a state baseball final was a small school Beechwood team in 2006.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Well played game from both teams.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:^ Your point being what PF? What is your solution?

A multitude of things...
With the talent pool that the larger cities get to select players from this is how it should be. The only way to avoid it (speaking from a small town point of view) is to class every sport. I personally like the system as it is right now because teams from smaller towns get to go up and at least compete with the large city teams. People are different though.
All you can ask for is an opportunity to show you're the best, even though the odds may be stacked against you. Maybe it's because I came up in a small school system but I like the underdog role personally.
congrtas to all the teams that made the state tourny. its never easy just getting there. congrats to st x on the state title enjoy it. congrats to simon kenton on your great run to the champ game even though you beat my warriors. lol
Pupaw Wrote:With the talent pool that the larger cities get to select players from this is how it should be. The only way to avoid it (speaking from a small town point of view) is to class every sport. I personally like the system as it is right now because teams from smaller towns get to go up and at least compete with the large city teams. People are different though.
All you can ask for is an opportunity to show you're the best, even though the odds may be stacked against you. Maybe it's because I came up in a small school system but I like the underdog role personally.

How would this solve anything? NKY has many small schools that would compete. It's more about an area where you draw from urban vs. Rural
Congratulations St. X
nky Wrote:How would this solve anything? NKY has many small schools that would compete. It's more about an area where you draw from urban vs. Rural Congratulations St. X

First of all, I am a fan of the one state tournament format as it is. I think the format is perfect right now by bringing all 16 regions to the State tournament and think a watered down Class system would not be near as exciting as it is now.

With that I think your comment about rural and urban is totally stupid. These hillbillies may have to play in bare feet but by golly they can get it done. Listen these players in east Ky have top of the line uniforms, gloves, bats, bat bags and attire just like your city kids and they are everybit as good as NKY kids playing this game. I have been to most high school fields in the Golden Triangle and our fields up here in these here hills are much nicer than most of those schools. We just dont have statewide newspapers giving us the coverage. I have watched the state tournaments and there is no difference from what I have seen other than our schools are much smaller and compete very well with the big city teams.
Commanche Wrote:First of all, I am a fan of the one state tournament format as it is. I think the format is perfect right now by bringing all 16 regions to the State tournament and think a watered down Class system would not be near as exciting as it is now.

With that I think your comment about rural and urban is totally stupid. These hillbillies may have to play in bare feet but by golly they can get it done. Listen these players in east Ky have top of the line uniforms, gloves, bats, bat bags and attire just like your city kids and they are everybit as good as NKY kids playing this game. I have been to most high school fields in the Golden Triangle and our fields up here in these here hills are much nicer than most of those schools. We just dont have statewide newspapers giving us the coverage. I have watched the state tournaments and there is no difference from what I have seen other than our schools are much smaller and compete very well with the big city teams.

:Clap: :rockon: :thanks:
Commanche Wrote:First of all, I am a fan of the one state tournament format as it is. I think the format is perfect right now by bringing all 16 regions to the State tournament and think a watered down Class system would not be near as exciting as it is now.

Urban =more choices in NKY there are over 20+ schools districts to chose from in a 20 minute radius. Parents have choices for a variety of options.

Rural areas have limited choices and options.
nky Wrote:Urban =more choices in NKY there are over 20+ schools districts to chose from in a 20 minute radius. Parents have choices for a variety of options.

Rural areas have limited choices and options.

:biglmao: :thatsfunn :please: :lame: :eyeroll: :Shaking:
Pulp Fiction Wrote::biglmao: :thatsfunn :please: :lame: :eyeroll: :Shaking:

So are you saying in a county with one district and a single high school you have just as many choices as a major metropolitan area ?
nky Wrote:So are you saying in a county with one district and a single high school you have just as many choices as a major metropolitan area ?

Good luck arguing with PF, nky. Might as well be talking to a wet mop.
Not much recruiting in these here hills, unlike the rural "choices"!
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Good luck arguing with PF, nky. Might as well be talking to a wet mop.

Somebody has finally caught on.... :thanks:
And that's why it is what it is

I agree with you 100% on the bolded. As for your second paragraph there's plenty of teams with great fields, and gear who live in the country and the city that play baseball like crap. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Hazard, south Laurel, and Johnson Central all showed pretty good in the Big City.
Commanche Wrote:Hazard, south Laurel, and Johnson Central all showed pretty good in the Big City.

North and South Laurel are the two largest schools that are considered to be in the "mountain area".
To be honest, if numbers really mattered all that much, these two would dominate the 13th in every sport. Don't get me wrong, they do really well in some areas, like baseball, basketball, and especially softball, but there not overwhelming favorites every year.