Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 47 Estill Co 8
Final
Good job Russell!~
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Any updates on #5 Cameron Allie would be appreciated. He took a viscous hit from #56 Josh Wills before the half and was taken away by ambulance.
Midee1 Wrote:Any updates on #5 Cameron Allie would be appreciated. He took a viscous hit from #56 Josh Wills before the half and was taken away by ambulance.

I spoke with the doctor that looked at him on the field. Concussion but was fairly alert. He was finally able to remember his name and where he was after about 10 minutes. Taken by ambulence to the hospital just to be safe. I think he will be OK but he is going to have one heck of a headache for a while. WHAT A HIT!!!(for those who saw it) Getum-Choppin, go easy on him, he won't be him self for awhile.
FBALL Wrote:I spoke with the doctor that looked at him on the field. Concussion but was fairly alert. He was finally able to remember his name and where he was after about 10 minutes. Taken by ambulence to the hospital just to be safe. I think he will be OK but he is going to have one heck of a headache for a while. WHAT A HIT!!!(for those who saw it) gettumchoppin, go easy on him he won't be him self for awhile.

John left before I got a chance to talk to him. Good to hear he'll be OK. Man O Man. Cameron Allie meet Josh Wills. I honestly don't think he saw it coming but it was a train wreck.
Midee1 Wrote:John left before I got a chance to talk to him. Good to hear he'll be OK. Man O Man. Cameron Allie meet Josh Wills. I honestly don't think he saw it coming but it was a train wreck.

How would you know? :devilflam

BTW Josh should be getting some playingtime Saturday. The Hamstring is better and he is working his way back into the offense. Scored TDs in the last two JV games and had a 65 yard TD called back on a block in the back penalty.
great job tonight for the JV team.. our starters stunk the first half.......Nothing other than stinking up the field...... I hope that Cameron is okay and yes son you can run the ball. but it takes a team effort to keep it going.... COngrats to the Devils and get ready for EAST CARTER...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats to Russell
No more games the week of fall break. They should be banned.
FBALL Wrote:No more games the week of fall break. They should be banned.

Is it fall break for Russell or Estill
Russell
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:Russell

Thanks
FBALL Wrote:How would you know? :devilflam

You told me DUH!

Glad to hear that about Josh. I'm going to go watch him play if he ever gets better.
Wow was i not right? We had our heads up our butts once again and look what happened...the exact same start as the 2005 game with estill. imo we need to stop listening to other peoples opinions and play every team to our best. even if we know that a team wont put a challenge to us we should still play like we are playin a belfry or a mercer. 100% every play. Hmm what to say about the defense the first half...well really not much. i guess now we know what it is like to come out and try to play unprepared to our best. i just hope that we get back together as a team defensivley. im not going to lie...if we would happen to go into a game like belfry or another 2A powerhouse we would get slaughtered. not saying that will be the case lol but we do need to re-group and get ready for east. btw josh wills is an animal.....SOOOOOONNNN!
FBALL Wrote:I spoke with the doctor that looked at him on the field. Concussion but was fairly alert. He was finally able to remember his name and where he was after about 10 minutes. Taken by ambulence to the hospital just to be safe. I think he will be OK but he is going to have one heck of a headache for a while. WHAT A HIT!!!(for those who saw it) Getum-Choppin, go easy on him, he won't be him self for awhile.
Congrats Russell, I hope the kid is ok, I didn't dog him or say he wasn't a good player, I just said a Butt Whoppin was comming. He freaked a lil' over nothing but still the same I hope he's ok.
I been saying on here all year Russell's Defense WILL KNOCK YOUR HEAD OFF!
Go back and read the thread on the Russell being a one man show stuff I wrote.
You simply should not EVER throw out what might look to be a challenge at a team like Russell. You can think about it, BUT, DON'T DO IT! Klark is awesome but people seem to forget about Russell's Defense. I played against Russell twice my senior year, They had a big full back named Mikey Scott. I know how they hit from experience. We were 12-1 that year and Russell was the hardest hitting team I ever played. I do know a lil' something about football but not gonna get into all that.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Congrats Russell, I hope the kid is ok, I didn't dog him or say he wasn't a good player, I just said a Butt Whoppin was comming. He freaked a lil' over nothing but still the same I hope he's ok.
I been saying on here all year Russell's Defense WILL KNOCK YOUR HEAD OFF!
Go back and read the thread on the Russell being a one man show stuff I wrote.
You simply should not EVER throw out what might look to be a challenge at a team like Russell. You can think about it, BUT, DON'T DO IT! Klark is awesome but people seem to forget about Russell's Defense. I played against Russell twice my senior year, They had a big full back named Mikey Scott. I know how they hit from experience. We were 12-1 that year and Russell was the hardest hitting team I ever played. I do know a lil' something about football but not gonna get into all that.

I think he will be OK. Maybe some of us know a little more about football than we are given credit for.

Don't give Russell's defense to much credit tonight though. Wills was hitting hard all night but the D played like they were already up 40 points in the 1st quarter.

Give some credit to Estill Co. Those kids played hard and #30 is a load at FB. Estill was back to the double wing with no splits on the line and the FB about 2 inches behind the quarterback. a moving wedge just trying to find the guy with the ball. It was smart. They did not have the speed to match up with Russell and get to the outside.

Clark had around 210 yards and 4TDs on 12 carries. Sprained ankle in the 2nd Qrt and was out after the first series in the third.

As Devilogist said the JV kids really played well. Russell's offense really kicked it up a notch in the second half even without Clark. You can forget that stuff about being a one man show.
We Played Ok To Be Playing Russell...Not A Shut Out Like Everyone Expected...LOL...Got To Meet Lots Of Guys On Here LOL
No surprise I figured it would be somewhat of a blowout. Gratz to Russel!
Estill looked great in the first half. When Allie went down some of the wind went out of their sails. Russell just showed the advantage they had talent wise. Cameron is a gamer, I'll give him that. Hate to see a kid go down like that, especially one in his situation. Congrats to Russell, good luck to both teams.
grats russel
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:We Played Ok To Be Playing Russell...Not A Shut Out Like Everyone Expected...LOL...Got To Meet Lots Of Guys On Here LOL

And you are that much better of a person for meeting us.Confusedhh:

Seriously Estill gave us fits the first half. Seemed like they could run the ball at will. Then they ran the ball at Wills and I believe that was a momentum changer. They looked much better the second half.

How about that catch Frazier made to set up a score. He is a deep threat when he is out there. Good job Marcus.
Hopefully he will be ok then
saw Marcus's catch on the POINT AFTER on channel 3.. IT WAS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!
Devilologist Wrote:saw Marcus's catch on the POINT AFTER on channel 3.. IT WAS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I herd that on the radio, That was awesome
Congrats Russell!
Not shocked on this one..Congrats Russell!
congratulations russell. i can honestly say i got a little bit af a "hillbilly butt-whoopin'" and i'll take it in stride. you guys played a great game (and we almost had you in the beginning). good luck in the playoffs-i'm rootin' for ya' (unless we somehow make the playoffs). and whoever hit me hit me just right-i didn't even feel the hit, everything just went blurry. but i'm alright, and i'll be back next week. but anyway, good luck russell. go get 'em.
NYY10 Wrote:Is it fall break for Russell or Estill

It's Fall Break For Estill Too
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:congratulations russell. i can honestly say i got a little bit af a "hillbilly butt-whoopin'" and i'll take it in stride. you guys played a great game (and we almost had you in the beginning). good luck in the playoffs-i'm rootin' for ya' (unless we somehow make the playoffs). and whoever hit me hit me just right-i didn't even feel the hit, everything just went blurry. but i'm alright, and i'll be back next week. but anyway, good luck russell. go get 'em.

2 kids hit ya,, 56- Josh Wills and 24 Kasey Clark..
Alot of people do not remember being hit by them either. Lopez from Powell county will tell ya... The Morgan RB will tell ya... the RB from West Carter will tell ya.... RUSSELL is hard hitting football team...... I hope everything is well with ya and hope that you can come back next week... You are a good RB no doubt but like I said,, it takes an entire team to win a game................
Good game Russell