•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Ashland Predictions and Bets!
Even if a team has a weak schedule that doesnt mean that team is not really good.But playing a weaker schedule might make a harder game later in the season a little harder.I think Ashland could upset them but at the same time I know JC could blow them out.The only thing for sure to me is Ashland wont blow them out.I am talking in circles,,hehe:Clap:
Johnson Central has been waiting for this game for a year now. They have had a bitter taste in their mouth since the left Putnam Stadium with a Loss last year and will be ready for this game. JC will not come in looking to Blow Out Ashland but to inflict as much pain as possible. I have seen the JC Defense make some hard hits this season but this week I expect to see the best hitting and defensive output that they will have all year.

Now as far as the game goes. After watching Ashland last night somewhat struggle with LC last night I am very ompimistic about he outcome of this game. Thomas likes to dance around in the backfield instead of just hitting the hole and that should make for a lot of TFL for the JC Defense. His only success was running to the outside on LC but the D-ends of Dillon and Dials will keep those plays limited and will turn alot of those runs inside to Tackett and Johnson. Mahan will a good scrambler seems to under throw alot of his passes and also doesnt seem to be a good decision maker while pressured. Johnson Centrals lowest offensive scoring output was 35 so I see now way that the defense of Ashland can hold JC's offense to 14 points as one poster predicted. The depth and balance of the JC running game, which uses 6 or 7 running backs routinely, will be enough to give Ashland fits in terms of preparing for this game along with the renewed threat of a passing game with JK Ratliff back healthy.

This game will be full of emotions and will have a district title on the line so we should expect a great game by both teams but I just believe that with this game in "The Nest", the chip JC has on its shoulder, and the balance and depth of both sides of the ball, JC will pull this one out by 2 TD's or more. My prediction:

Johnson Central: 35
Ashland: 14

As a interesting side note to everyone, the same crew that refereed this game last year is the same crew that has it this year.
Eagle Fan Wrote:SunDoctor I don't think JC could play Highlands and win against them and get the respect they (JC) deserve. Even if we did win against them someone would still say we have not been tested. It is the same thing every game we play " JC has not been tested". But thats ok we win the games that matter. And as much as it is worth I think Ashland goes home with a "L" this coming week.
Eaglefan people need to see teams play in person.Johnson Central is a darn good team.
blackcat_student Wrote:Johnson Central best bring there A game ! Cause honestly they've played No one ! Ashland on the other hand has played Mason Co, Belfry, Russel, Raceland, and Prestonsburg ! So I'll go with the Tomcats !

Ash-24
JC--21 overtime
Great minds think alike (lol)
Ashland 28-21 in O.T. Ashland's schedule will have them ready for this one.
:Thumbs:
Im going with Johnson Central in this one..wont be an easy game..but it shouldnt be to hard if they play good
Johnson Central
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Great minds think alike (lol)
Ashland 28-21 in O.T. Ashland's schedule will have them ready for this one.
:Thumbs:

Ashlands schedule is looking worse and worse every week. Last week they narrowly escaped Mason Co. with a 20-13 win and this week Mason goes down to a nail bitter with Greenup Co and wins 7-0 while JC competely dominanted Greenup 49-7. Then you have Belfry who Ashland beat 28-27 in OT and this week was beat by SC 35-29 in OT. Russell really hasnt had a good win all season long and really doesnt impress me. And this week you struggle with LC and could have been down early in the 3rd quarter had it not been for that horrible block in the back call in the 1st quarter and JC totally dominant LC 55-12 and was leading 49-0 at halftime. Ashlands schedule is not as tough as some of you think. Come Friday night you wont be questioning JC strength of schedule just how do you stop the balance and depth of the JC team.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Eaglefan people need to see teams play in person.Johnson Central is a darn good team.

I know JC is a very good team but most people thinnk because of their weak schedule that if they play a tough team they will get beat. I know one thing for sure that when push comes to shove JC can handle themselves pretty good.
When people on BGP say that JC hasn't played a team yet, all the Eagle posters agree, but when you come over here everyone takes offense to it. Suppose this does happen, Ashland is defeated by JC, and Mason defeats JC the next week. JC and the other two teams would would be in a tie for first in the district. With that being said, going to the point system, JC could end up with a 3rd place finish because of the schedule. Johnson Central has yet to be tested, Ashland has had several tough games up to this point. Against LC I think from seeing all the JC people there, they were looking forward to that game more than the one they were playing. But I still think even though JC has had a walk in the park up to this point, they aren't nearly as beat to death as Ashland, that why JC gets the win in this one.
blackcat_student Wrote:Johnson Central best bring there A game ! Cause honestly they've played No one ! Ashland on the other hand has played Mason Co, Belfry, Russel, Raceland, and Prestonsburg ! So I'll go with the Tomcats !

Ash-24
JC--21 overtime
:Clap:
JC will let their play on the field speak on behalf of all that believe that they are the real deal
JC in a close one
SunDoctor Wrote:JC hasn't played anyone? Honestly, lets think about this. JC played South Point, Ohio and held the number 1 ranked QB in Ohio (16th in the nation) to under 100 yards total offense. Jc has also played Belfry. Yes, it was a scrimmage and at the first of the season, but Belfry didn't want any more (27 to 3). Saying that JChasn't played anyone could very well be a hypocritical statement on anyones part.

First off all JC played Belfry in a 10 plays offensvie scheme and 27-3 which means Nothing ! As for South Point, OH's QB Chris Smith he is ranked 51st in the Country as a QB !

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1904740
blackcat_student Wrote:First off all JC played Belfry in a 10 plays offensvie scheme and 27-3 which means Nothing ! As for South Point, OH's QB Chris Smith he is ranked 51st in the Country as a QB !

Smith may have dropped to 51st qb but he is the real deal I think you will see him playing a lot at the college level. I think the reason Smith's rating have dropped are due to his O-line they haven't been able to give him sufficent time to throw the ball.
blackcat_student Wrote:First off all JC played Belfry in a 10 plays offensvie scheme and 27-3 which means Nothing ! As for South Point, OH's QB Chris Smith he is ranked 51st in the Country as a QB !

The #16 QB in the Nation is a little misleading. According to Rivals.com has was ranked the #16 Dual Threat QB in the Nation, not #16 overall. You can down play the scrimmage to Belfry all you want but what many people argued as Belfry just taking this as a scrimmage is starting to show that maybe JC was just that much better than Belfry regardless of the format. JC played 10 plays as well as did Belfry so its not like it was a disadvantage to Belfry.
I am sick of al the Belfry talk and all the talk about who JC hasn't played. This game is not about Belfry or any other team that JC has played up to this point. This game is about Ashland and proving to all you non believers that JC is for real and here to stay. From day one this teams goal has been district, regional, and state titles. Not one person on the JC team cares what any of us has to say on a message board about who they have or haven't played. All they care about is taking one game at a time and proving to everybody what they can do. Ashland better be ready because JC knows whats at stake and they WILL be ready to play. Good luck to both teams.
SunDoctor Wrote:This should be one of the most exciting games in the state. Should be a huge crowd, and the atmosphere at JC is always great. We shouldn't have to worry about a wet field this year unless another firetruck is brought in. I look for JC to hit Ashland hard and early. I really don't see Ashland running any at all on JC. I will give them one passing touchdown with Thomas and thats it. Look for JC to play their best football of the year, considering they have yet to do so.

JC- 35
Ashland- 12

Better get there early if you want a good seat! That scary to think that they have not played their best yet.:yikes:

Post # 1,000:popcorn:
I hope to see the crowd for this game that JC had last year for the Apple Bowl. Depending on what kind of crowd Ashland brings I believe the seats should be easily packed and we may even see some standing on each of the closed end parts of the endzones.
Kayaker Wrote:I hope to see the crowd for this game that JC had last year for the Apple Bowl. Depending on what kind of crowd Ashland brings I believe the seats should be easily packed and we may even see some standing on each of the closed end parts of the endzones.

I haven't been to JC since 01, is it still only seating on one side of the stadium? Or have they put in any seating or bleachers on the other side of the field?
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:I haven't been to JC since 01, is it still only seating on one side of the stadium? Or have they put in any seating or bleachers on the other side of the field?

Bleachers are on one side only.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I haven't been to JC since 01, is it still only seating on one side of the stadium? Or have they put in any seating or bleachers on the other side of the field?

As Old School said, we still only have bleachers on one side of the field. This will be the last year though of the current stadium as it is set to be torn down and totally redone. The layout of the new football complex will be perpendicular to the current layout(endzones being pointed towards the creek and school), will have bleachers on both sides of the field, and will have an artifical playing surface. JC is also set to get a Indoor Practice Facility next year as well.
I can't wait until Friday night...should be exciting!!!
Too much SHAWN GRIMM

JC 42
Ashland 12
It seems that some are concerned with JC's schedule. Does it really matter? Those boys PLAY every game like it is the most important game of the season. Everybody wants to find something to talk about that makes them sound as if they have crawled through their season. If that be the case, why are scores like 56-6 and 49-7 posted? These score prove that they give EVERYTHING for EACH game. They don't take for granted their opponent or their record. They are the powerhouse that simply wears their opponent out. As the scores show, they just keep going, while the rest shake their heads. Ashland will be in for a great surprise. The atmosphere alone can be intimidating. The music, the fans, fireworks and the cannon, it's all about JC. Like it or not JC is going all the way!!!!
Central up to this point could've crawled their way through and still be 8-0. A lot of the scores are like that because they leave a lot of their players, not all, but many starters in the game almost the whole time.
Somebody doesn't pay attention!! Usually, the other teams score when the starters go out!! JC is a GOOD team. They don't crawl they PUSH their way through!!!
PHSCARD Wrote:Central up to this point could've crawled their way through and still be 8-0. A lot of the scores are like that because they leave a lot of their players, not all, but many starters in the game almost the whole time.

Just curious, how many of Centrals games have you watched?
Kayaker Wrote:Just curious, how many of Centrals games have you watched?

I wonder the same thing. I have seen every game except North Laurel. I have seen 4 different kids QB. Also, I have seen numerous kids run the ball. I believe Central has given up 11 TD's this season and probably 8 were against the reserves. I have also seen numerous subs playing in the 3rd quarter of many games. That is why we play it on the field. If Ashland plays better on a wet field, I hope it rains. If they play better on a dry field, I hope conditions are perfect. I want no excuses when we WIN. Friday night will be electric. Senior night, homecoming for all former Central grads and OH YEAH, the Tomcats come to town. Go get them guys. :devilflam
When JC blows out Ashland will we still be hearing about strength of Schedule? JC is for real.
Kayaker Wrote:Just curious, how many of Centrals games have you watched?

3, and the three games I've seen its been the same story. Kind of hard to make it in from Louisville every Friday night to watch more of the Eagles and my cousin. I talk to him or his dad every Saturday morning to get the scoop on how things went.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next