Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 21 Jenkins 14
Congrats Panthers. Look foward to hopefully making the trip down from Somerset and playing for the Region title!!!
Bad called game..Are you serious? You can ask any Pikeville fan if it was a poorly called game and they will tell you no. ASk Coach Jackson and he will tell you the same thing..CANNOT STAND SEEING THIS EXCUSE EVERY WEEK BECAUSE A TEAM THAT WASN'T SUPPOSE TO PLAY WITH "ONE OF THE POWERS" DID AND WANTED IT MORE....The game is over..Pikeville won...But Jenkins, way to play your hearts out!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Bad called game..Are you serious? You can ask any Pikeville fan if it was a poorly called game and they will tell you no. ASk Coach Jackson and he will tell you the same thing..CANNOT STAND SEEING THIS EXCUSE EVERY WEEK BECAUSE A TEAM THAT WASN'T SUPPOSE TO PLAY WITH "ONE OF THE POWERS" DID AND WANTED IT MORE....The game is over..Pikeville won...But Jenkins, way to play your hearts out!
It was a poorly officiated game, but it did not affect the score or the outcome.
Inadvertant whistle, officials changing positions in the middle of a game, a line judge with a pony tail, failure to check the chains and the chain crew BEFORE the game...this was one of the most unprofessional HS crews I have ever seen.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Bad called game..Are you serious? You can ask any Pikeville fan if it was a poorly called game and they will tell you no. ASk Coach Jackson and he will tell you the same thing..CANNOT STAND SEEING THIS EXCUSE EVERY WEEK BECAUSE A TEAM THAT WASN'T SUPPOSE TO PLAY WITH "ONE OF THE POWERS" DID AND WANTED IT MORE....The game is over..Pikeville won...But Jenkins, way to play your hearts out!

I think fox sports already clarfied for me. I was in the stands at the game and most of the fans could see foul play. Did you not hear me say that a personal foul was called for a guy yelling at his own teammate?
WOW 21-14. Most of the time I don't belive in a moral victory. But this has to be one!
WOW..i agree...congrats to both teams
Good job both teams
Congrats Jenkins! No, they didnt win but it should go down as a mental win..How long has it been since Jenkins even played with Pikeville?? A LONG time! Yea, Pikeville got the W whether they one by a touchdown or 100 touchdowns but I DEFENITLEY tip my hat to Jenkins, you have NOTHING to hang your head over! Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!
I lost all respect for pikeville when I saw a sign hanging in their fan section during the district tournment during 03 that read "you would go to pikeville too, if you could afford it".
So yes, in a sense a lot of kids that go to Pikeville do have the "i am better at being a human then you are" mentality.
Boomer86 Wrote:Congrats Jenkins! No, they didnt win but it should go down as a mental win..How long has it been since Jenkins even played with Pikeville?? A LONG time! Yea, Pikeville got the W whether they one by a touchdown or 100 touchdowns but I DEFENITLEY tip my hat to Jenkins, you have NOTHING to hang your head over! Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!
thanks alot man
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I lost all respect for pikeville when I saw a sign hanging in their fan section during the district tournment during 03 that read "you would go to pikeville too, if you could afford it".
So yes, in a sense a lot of kids that go to Pikeville do have the "i am better at being a human then you are" mentality.
Yeah really
LOL we had a shirt in high school That was directed towards Pikeville. It said the top 10 reasons were better than you. Some of the reasons were Our school aint hid behind a bank. Theres no P in our name what so ever. When it rains we wont drown. and so on.
Another shirt we had when the master card thign was pricelss was something like this:
New shirt:15.00
New care:25000
Your new house in the bowels edition-100,000 dollars
the look on your face when we beat you:priceless

I also seen a sign from one team that said Shelby Valley-a poor man's Pikeville.
So it's bad that I live in the Bowels Addition? Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know some fine folks who live in bowls and some fine folks from pikeville high school, i just don't respect the school after seeing signs like that.
that was three years ago, and pikevilles not the only school that makes signs and t shirts about other schools. it happens at ecery school in the US. that is how rivalries work anyway. schools say stuff about other schools to fire them up and vise a versa. its not like its a new thing going on just these days, its been going on for years. its just bulletin board material anyway
who cares about the signs and t shirts, whats more important is what in the hell is up with that offense? quick strong lineman, and a plethera of panther backs. throwing the ball for three quarters and sucking at it. this isnt pikeville football, and the phelps and jenkins game show us that something is going wrong. not to take anything away from the afore mentioned teams because they played their hearts. but come on lets get back to beating people badly.
gotta give credit where credit is due jenkins played them tough.
Beef Wrote:So it's bad that I live in the Bowels Addition? Smile
Actually, it's Bowles Addition.
Pitiful...

We should have put 45 on the board in the first half, and held them off in the second.

The closes Jenkins has ever come besides this, was in 1992, Pikeville 48, Jenkins 21, or somthing close to that.

Jenkins should have won with the spirit they had. They lost, but they were as happy as could be when they walked off that field Friday night.

Apperently Jackson's answer to this score is that he dosen't beleive in running the score up, like its wrong or somthing.

You can tell he hasnt been here long....that is what we do... we shut-out Jenkings
50-0 we shut-out Phelps 50-0. End of story.

If he dosen't like that, then he is going to have to deal with 4,000 Football loving Pikeville citizens. This isn't his team, this is Pikevilles team.
pikevillefan00 Wrote:Pitiful...

We should have put 45 on the board in the first half, and held them off in the second.

The closes Jenkins has ever come besides this, was in 1992, Pikeville 48, Jenkins 21, or somthing close to that.

Jenkins should have won with the spirit they had. They lost, but they were as happy as could be when they walked off that field Friday night.

Apperently Jackson's answer to this score is that he dosen't beleive in running the score up, like its wrong or somthing.

You can tell he hasnt been here long....that is what we do... we shut-out Jenkings

If he dosen't like that, then he is going to have to deal with 4,000 Football loving Pikeville citizens. This isn't his team, this is Pikevilles team.
Pikeville couldnt have run up the score on Jenkins, not saying that Pikeville didnt have a bad game, but honestly a 7 point game to Jenkins is surprising
bigpun Wrote:throwing the ball for three quarters and sucking at it. this isnt pikeville football,
What were the final stats for the Panthers? I believe that the radio said they were 4-4 for 80 yards at the half. Doesn't seem like sucking to me?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pikevillefan00 Wrote:Pitiful...

BUT... Pikeville didn't shut them out... NEITHER of them!! So.... until next Friday... let's see if they can shut their next opponent out!
My uncle started football at Virgie along time ago and back in those times Pikeville got all the good players from all of the local schools.That was just how it was.Now listen not all Pikeville fans are arrogant,,just some,,hehe
they still do. Honakers-Betsy Layne, Harmon-Virgie, Casey Rowe-Mullins, Isaac Sanders-East Ridge, Jordan Price-East Ridge

Old school Dawg Wrote:My uncle started football at Virgie along time ago and back in those times Pikeville got all the good players from all of the local schools.That was just how it was.Now listen not all Pikeville fans are arrogant,,just some,,hehe
No, they didnt shut either fo them out...

THATS THEIR PROBLEM!!!
Wow!
Is this for real?
Did they all move to Pikeville??

Jimmy Dugan Wrote:they still do. Honakers-Betsy Layne, Harmon-Virgie, Casey Rowe-Mullins, Isaac Sanders-East Ridge, Jordan Price-East Ridge
It doesn't matter if they moved to Pikeville (I don't know who did) as long as they follow the rules...ie. transfer before freshman year or sit out a season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
askMadden Wrote:Wow!
Is this for real?
Did they all move to Pikeville??
I just know they all transfered there and are not true bred pikeville players. They are all from other areas. Thats all I will say though cause that is a touchy subject.
Beef Wrote:What were the final stats for the Panthers? I believe that the radio said they were 4-4 for 80 yards at the half. Doesn't seem like sucking to me?
were you at the game? dont talk to me about stats unless you were there to witness the debacle.
bigpun Wrote:were you at the game? dont talk to me about stats unless you were there to witness the debacle.
Yeah and what was the Final Score? Sorry, I forgot..YOU KNOW..THE MAIN STAT!