•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 2014
I only remember 1 clocked here at 4.3 in the last 5 years or so. I see that in a lot of posts. I think some coaches need to find a better brand of stop watch.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Last years speed still wasnt enough to beat Raceland. Which brings me to my next point. Fairview seemed lifeless after the 2nd quarter, when Raceland went up 2 scores, what gives? I'd never seen a McPeek team do that. Then with over a minute left in the game, Fairview made their way across the field to shake hands. A week after the game is when everything began coming to the front. That has really confused me ever sense. Its almost as if they knew what was coming.

From an offensive standpoint, who will be the other players to watch for outside of Rou and King?
Yes it was already well known during the Raceland game. It was known on Tuesday that week during practice . FHS had a lot of key injuries going into that game . In some spots spots we had 3rd stringers starting due to injury or sickness . We had 0 1st stringers playing on the DL in that game , King was hurt & that took a key piece away from both O , & D . Brown came in banged up , & came out of the game in the 1st quarter . 2 1st string OLs were out for that game. Roy , & Yetts were both Sick . I cant remember completely now but i think we only had 4 starters playing on D in that game & at least 2 3rd stringers on the DL . The O we had i think either 5 or 6 starters that played with at least 2 sick , & one playing banged up . Either way Raceland still won though .
To be honest im not worried about our skill players as much as im worried about the line on both sides of the ball for this up coming season
Talon Wrote:Yes it was already well known during the Raceland game. It was known on Tuesday that week during practice . FHS had a lot of key injuries going into that game . In some spots spots we had 3rd stringers starting due to injury or sickness . We had 0 1st stringers playing on the DL in that game , King was hurt & that took a key piece away from both O , & D . Brown came in banged up , & came out of the game in the 1st quarter . 2 1st string OLs were out for that game. Roy , & Yetts were both Sick . I cant remember completely now but i think we only had 4 starters playing on D in that game & at least 2 3rd stringers on the DL . The O we had i think either 5 or 6 starters that played with at least 2 sick , & one playing banged up . Either way Raceland still won though .
disclaimer...the players knew something was up , & coming , & the whole thing diminished the atomsphere during practices that week . The sanctions wasnt known yet , but knew something was coming
I wondered. It just seemed like the loss was the final nail in the coffin. Thanks for the info. Really hope to see them competing and rebound from the mess.
Not sure why you guys keep talking about the mess. I've been around this program for several years and it's sad what the administration has done to chad Tackett and Nate mcpeek. Both of these coaches are fine men and to be honest have ended up in better situations. I know the kids at fairview miss coach McPeek a tremendous amount because he taught them so much. No offense to you guys but move on and the main problem fairview has is still in place. Good luck to your teams this season.
^^^agreed. I wasnt kicking up old dust, i was just curious as to the circumstances leading up to the Raceland/Fairview game. It just wasnt the same as in years past from Fairview's sideline. In regaurds to the mai problem beig remaining in place...I agree 100%. Also agree about the statements regaurding Chad and Nate.
Fairview superintendent and board are jokes. Fairview football will go back to being average I believe every raceland fan love that lol.
NASCAR I bet you and the Apache kid probably take laps on Fairview's track late at night. Love to bash us but will gladly use our facilities. Gotta love it.
I heard they looked pretty good at KCU's 7 on 7 yesterday. They only lost 2 close games to Fleming County.
Talon Wrote:To be honest im not worried about our skill players as much as im worried about the line on both sides of the ball for this up coming season
Welcome to Paintsville's world Talon.
NASCAR Wrote:Fairview superintendent and board are jokes. Fairview football will go back to being average I believe every raceland fan love that lol.
I agree. I can remember when that classless jerk coached at Johnson Central. He hasn't changed one bit through the years.
Clint Westwood Wrote:NASCAR I bet you and the Apache kid probably take laps on Fairview's track late at night. Love to bash us but will gladly use our facilities. Gotta love it.

No I don't but why would you be a fan of those guys? Aren't you friends with the mcpeeks? How can you still like fairview after what Musick and the board did to them?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Never said Randy or Chad went to Huntington. Said they were from the area. I Was just talking about the tallent that has come out of Eastern West Virginia. This "immature prick" said giving some kids a second chance can turn their lives around, which is what Fairview did. This "immature prick", wished Fairview the best of luck. This "immature prick" spoke of the speed and tallent in the backfield. So, I will go ahead and be a prick again and say that I wish Fairview and the new staff all of the best, as well as say, like I have said since it all started, good luck to the McPeeks as they move on to their future endevors. The past is the past and they are both great football minds. I'd hate to see what kind of label I would recieve, had I picked Fairview to win it all.

I know a month behind, and someone may have already corrected this, and it has nothing to do with the thread....HOWEVER, Chad Pennington is from Knoxville....if we're gonna expand "this area" that far, we've had more than a few good athletes
let it all go boys and girls, its a new season in the wood.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I was thinking Chad was from SEWV. My mistake. Can I get out of the stock and locks now? Ive had about 5 different screen names blast me over it. I was simply refering to tallent from the area. Chad also had a great career in Huntington and has made several trips back for fundraising etc. i was just refering to tallent and ties to the are.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I was thinking Chad was from SEWV. My mistake. Can I get out of the stock and locks now? Ive had about 5 different screen names blast me over it. I was simply refering to tallent from the area. Chad also had a great career in Huntington and has made several trips back for fundraising etc. i was just refering to tallent and ties to the are.

Hahaha, now that was funny!
NASCAR Wrote:No I don't but why would you be a fan of those guys? Aren't you friends with the mcpeeks? How can you still like fairview after what Musick and the board did to them?

I wish the best to Garry and Nate. Great football minds. I care about them. As for Musick and the Board, I really don't know even thing that was said or went on. What I care about is the kids at Fairview. So numb nuts go take another lap at Daytona.
Clint, you always did have such a way with words.
Clint Westwood Wrote:I wish the best to Garry and Nate. Great football minds. I care about them. As for Musick and the Board, I really don't know even thing that was said or went on. What I care about is the kids at Fairview. So numb nuts go take another lap at Daytona.

:hilarious:

I believe all see that the kids are the victims here. People have complained about the McPeeks this or the board that but your heart aches for those kids. Many of them done what they were supposed to, to bring a program that had seen its better days back to the top to only be punished for the actions of a few. Here is to a great season for those guys, best of luck young men. You players are the bigger adults in this picture than those that got you in this situation.
Just saw on the Ashland thread thag Kurtlen Brown had found his was back to the area. Abshland will be loaded w speed.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just saw on the Ashland thread thag Kurtlen Brown had found his was back to the area. Abshland will be loaded w speed.

I don't know why those people would want to transfer to Ashland. The Ashland season will end at either Highlands or Covington Catholic every year if they don't start doing things different. The odds are probably pretty good that Ashland wont even be the best team in the district again this year.
Ashland and Johnson Central should both be very dangerous.
I too have a feeling that Ashland will be very, VERY, good. Baker's durability has always been an issue, having Long and Brown will take alot of that away. I see Brown being more of a threat at reciever and making more of an impact on the defensive side of the ball.
mysonis55 Wrote:I only remember 1 clocked here at 4.3 in the last 5 years or so. I see that in a lot of posts. I think some coaches need to find a better brand of stop watch.

OR Daddy Timers
I watch JC, Ashland, and Fairview play this year. I didnt see anyone that looked to be a legit 4.4 or sub 4.4. Yetts was probably the fastest kid I saw all season. He looked to have a legit 4.5 or high 4.4.
yetts has moved on. no longer an eagle. but don't worry eagle fans. all is good in westwood. team is looking good. several lineman with experience, with good size and some blazing fast recievers. and of course with a must watch qb. schedule is brutal this year. some teams will be wanting some revenge on this team due to the past coaching staff who rubbed a lot of people the wrong way
Fairview and raceland face the same challenges personel wise. Lts of tallent in the skill positions, but alot of auestion marks on the line.
scrappy coco Wrote:yetts has moved on. no longer an eagle. but don't worry eagle fans. all is good in westwood. team is looking good. several lineman with experience, with good size and some blazing fast recievers. and of course with a must watch qb. schedule is brutal this year. some teams will be wanting some revenge on this team due to the past coaching staff who rubbed a lot of people the wrong way

People didn't like McPeek because he won
Won what?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next