Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a head coach?
what does it take to be one
The head coach in sports is the coach who is in charge of the other coaches. The other coaches are typically assigned to either offensive or defensive duties or to coaching players at a certain position. The assistant coaches are sometimes given titles such as "offensive coordinator", especially if they supervise other assistants.
Victor Charlie Wrote:The head coach in sports is the coach who is in charge of the other coaches. The other coaches are typically assigned to either offensive or defensive duties or to coaching players at a certain position. The assistant coaches are sometimes given titles such as "offensive coordinator", especially if they supervise other assistants.

i agree. The coach also often has duties of schedule making, getting players prepared for a game by watching tape and such, and is responsible for making sure equipment is turned in at the end of the season
A true football coach know STYLE MUST FIT TALENT and TALENT MUST FIT STYLE.
Teaches, Knows and studies all aspects of the game to be successfull. Teaches and motivates players to believe in their over all cause and their system. Teaches young men to go beyond the breaking point and keep fighting, No matter what they may face. Teaches kids to GET UP when they get knocked down, Which is a lesson that will carry over in life. Teaches technique, fundamentals and discipline. Teaches how to represent your school, your community, yourself in a positive way.
you have to know the game.
Victor Charlie pretty much summed it up but incase you ever plan on being one, forget it.
I think we all know what his job duties are...............
Alot more to a Head coach then naming O-coordinators and giving assignments.
Head coach is a person who is to prepare his\her athletes to make it through life sucsesfully starting in the classroom not just helping them win a game or get a certain amout of yards. The head coach has the biggest duttie of all making shure before every game that all coaches and players are doing their job and are ready to play and keeping the athletes grades up in the classroom room at the same time. A head coach should make shure the atheltes get good grades not just grades to get them through so they can play a certain sport
The head coach is the person that all the fans and parents blame when the team LOOSES agame... Everyone is sideline coach, and is much better than the personon the field or donating his time for over25-40 hours a week.
I do feel that the head coach is responsible for the over all teaching of the kids and seeing that all aspects of LIFE are taught on the field.... getting up after being chilled,,,,,,allowing others to achieve greatness at times in need.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "