Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrett Wolfe
Garrett Wolfe, the running back for Northern Illinois, is having his name mentioned in the same breathe as "Heisman". Is this justified? Granted he is leading the nation in rushing yards, but is that enough? He's playing in the MAC for crying out loud, so basically he's playing against a no-run defense. Granted he is a very talented back, I do think that it is unfair to some other deserving players that Garrett Wolfe is even being mentioned. ESPN has him 3rd in the Heisman race currently. What's your take on this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman06/index
It is justified. He plays for a MAC team and still put up some great numbers against Ohio State in the opener. This kid is for real.
Here is one for ya. "He is to small". I get tired of hearing this. Just because you aren't a certain height. BULL I hope he continues and moves on to the next level and succeeds there also. I think short backs are stereo typed to much. As a LB what is easier to see and tackle? A 6' 1" 215 lb RB or a 5'7" 180 RB, who you can't see behind the OL. (Dunn, Sanders, Smith)
Wolfe is for REAL! and YES his name deserves to be mentioned with heisman. He absolutely SHREADED OSU in the first game of the year....this guy is a stud!
He is awesome and a good guy as well!
I'm pretty sure he had over 100yds rushing on Ohio St. IMO he is a Heisman Canidate ! He also reminds me of Darren Sproles that was at Kansas St a few years back ! Small, but very fast, and also has a great agility to spin, and juke defensive players !
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm pretty sure he had over 100yds rushing on Ohio St. IMO he is a Heisman Canidate ! He also reminds me of Darren Sproles that was at Kansas St a few years back ! Small, but very fast, and also has a great agility to spin, and juke defensive players !
he's good but he won't get any carries any more playing behind LT.
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm pretty sure he had over 100yds rushing on Ohio St. IMO he is a Heisman Canidate ! He also reminds me of Darren Sproles that was at Kansas St a few years back ! Small, but very fast, and also has a great agility to spin, and juke defensive players !

Here are his stats against Ohio State.

#1 Garrett Wolfe 26 carries, 171 yards , 6.6 ypc , 5 receptions , 114 yards , 22.8 ypc , 1TD
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:Here are his stats against Ohio State.

#1 Garrett Wolfe 26 carries, 171 yards , 6.6 ypc , 5 receptions , 114 yards , 22.8 ypc , 1TD

Thanks for the Stats 68 !
This back is a legit heisman candidate and can put alot of Denfensive players on the ground very quickly with the jukes,spins and the cutbacks. His name was heard around last year actually at the end of the season when he had I think 2 or 3 straight games with 200+ yards rushing. I hope that he moves up in the heisman list and would be very deserving of a big award if not the heisman. And he will make his name big in the Pros as well I think.
t-cat50 Wrote:he's good but he won't get any carries any more playing behind LT.

Sproles was an explosive kick returner, but he is actually out for the season this year, so he wont be getting any carries for a while....

Garret Wolfe is a great player, isnt it weird how backs like this end up at schools like NIU, and LT ended up at TCU?? Just goes to show you how "good" the recruitng analysts and gurus really are at judging talent.
By all means he should be in the Heisman talk. Just because he playes for NIU and in the MAC dosent mean anybidy and everybody can put up those numbers he has put up. I wouldn't be suprised to see him in the front running for the Heisman all year long.
This is quite intresting he was only a 2 star player going into College according to Rivals.com ! Also he was the 54th best RB in going into College !

Source: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/vie...r_key=1491
He really hurt his Hiesman chances today against Western Michigan ! 18 carries 25 yards 1.4 per carry 0 touchdowns ! OUCH !
Western Michigan really shut down NIU this week. Really amazing considering the things they have been able to do to much better teams.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
blackcat_student Wrote:He really hurt his Hiesman chances today against Western Michigan ! 18 carries 25 yards 1.4 per carry 0 touchdowns ! OUCH !

His heisman chances are done. It's now Troy Smith's to lose.