Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of respect
Story by Lexington Herald-Leader ! Read this its quite intresting ! Thanks to the Belfry member who reminded me of the Mingo County School System in another thread !

Title: High School records losing there values

Source:
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...707390.htm
How Matewan and Burch's Coaches used to be really good friends and now hate each other ! I think this just simply shows the Lack of respect of the Matewan Head Coach !
Wow, that was a really interesting article. I still don't think there's anyway to justify what the Matewan coach did under any circumstance. I don't mind running the score up on a team, but that's if you run it out with your freshmen team, and if the defense can't stop them, then just keep running. But I can't believe the lack of respect for Burch, and I don't blame them for not shaking hands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I personally like this record

Record for rushing yards per attempt: 47.3

Athlete/school: Ken Hall, Sugar Land (Texas) High School

Year: 1953

Back story: Hall once owned 17 national records, but this one might stand for another 50 years. On 11 carries, he ran for 520 yards and eight touchdowns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
matewans coach just wanted to try to prove something against his old friend and new enemy. pretty classless though. but on mccoys defense he probably just did as he was told and went hard.
TRAIN85 Wrote:matewans coach just wanted to try to prove something against his old friend and new enemy. pretty classless though. but on mccoys defense he probably just did as he was told and went hard.

I don't think anyone is down on McCoy. He just did what he does as a player. The problem was with Kinder. I read the article and think that he should have been out at the half. The coach made the decision and he has to live with it. I hope he has learned a valuable lesson from all of this.
alot of ppl have been trying to dog him in other posts.
i know its not his fault. im just taking up for him.
First of all, you cant blame the kid. How many of us wouldnt want to have our names on a national record. Trying to look at it from all sides, it sounds like that the coach was more worried about the player getting a full college ride than him, the coach getting glory for the boy setting the record. The coaches name wont be anywhere in the record book. If he did it for what he thought was in the best interest of the kid, then I would support him for his decision. Even though I think it is bad to try to kill another team in a sporting event, maybe some good will come out of it. From what I got from the article it appears that college coaches thinks the McCoy kid is to small to play college ball. If this gets him a full ride, then maybe there good thinking by his coach even if it was at another teams expense. Isnt that part of what a high school coach is supposed to do, meaning, getting his players into collage? Ask yourself this, if McCoy was your son, and that game got him a full ride, would you think it was a bad thing to do? There is a difference in that situation than just running a score up because you are just better than the team you are playing against. It sounds like the coach made his decision based on what he thought was best for his player instead of embarrassing the other team.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I don't think BGR would let me use some of the words that I would like to about this so called game, so I will be nice. I don't blame the kids for the win and the record thats why they play. But for a man to disrespect a bunch of 14-18 year old kids, not to mention his coworker/friend. What is that teaching our kids today? :AngelPray
its hard to think that burch is that bad. they dident need to be humiliated like that
i played in a lot of games that we could have beat the other team as bad as burch got beat but my coach was a class act
Matewan's coach is the one that has to look himself in the mirror, i bet he wishes he could turn back time.
Hey what goes around comes around...
Boomer86 Wrote:Hey what goes around comes around...
thats right and id say it will be by the end of next season
Battle Tested Wrote:its hard to think that burch is that bad. they dident need to be humiliated like that
i played in a lot of games that we could have beat the other team as bad as burch got beat but my coach was a class act
Matewan's coach is the one that has to look himself in the mirror, i bet he wishes he could turn back time.

No he could really care less.. I believe he likes all the attention he is getting now
Wouldn't a college look at the player's entire record and not just one game to decide on a full ride? I mean, how well has the kid done in games against better quality teams? Nothing against the kid, I know that he was only doing what the coaches allowed him to do, but I do believe his stats in other games doesn't even come close to being considered a full ride by Division 1.
JWBN4EA Wrote:thats right and id say it will be by the end of next season

yea really
Pirate Pal Wrote:Wouldn't a college look at the player's entire record and not just one game to decide on a full ride? I mean, how well has the kid done in games against better quality teams? Nothing against the kid, I know that he was only doing what the coaches allowed him to do, but I do believe his stats in other games doesn't even come close to being considered a full ride by Division 1.
Colleges will look at stats, but it isn't the deciding factor, by any means. Size and speed are the biggest factors along with skills they see in the kid. One game will not make or break any player. It may get his name out there, but that is about it.
This game against Burch may get him a scholorship at Pikeville College...maybe. No division 1 scholorships are comming out of this. It's against BURCH! They havn't came close to winning a game this year. The very next week after this wonderful record Matewan lost to Tug Valley. Tug Valley was ranked 15th in single A in West Virginia. McCoy had 81 yards in the game and I think 0 touchdowns. Do you really think he will get a division one scholorship from that game with Burch? If Matewan loses to Gilbert on Friday there's a good chance they wont even make the playoffs this year. I think the still have to play Buffalo and Buffalo beat Gilbert this past week.
Bat Masterson Wrote:Colleges will look at stats, but it isn't the deciding factor, by any means. Size and speed are the biggest factors along with skills they see in the kid. One game will not make or break any player. It may get his name out there, but that is about it.
thats a great point:thumpsup:....scouts look at the abilities the kids have, such as physical and mental performace under pressure, if they have good field awareness, and if they are able to perform as a team player....they dont just look at the fact that a player can play so good against any certain team
matewan lost to tug valley????? when we played tug valley they had 12 players..and were horrible....we beat them like 48-6 and we went for like 7 field goals and missed them all and we were'nt even on 4th down yet ...because coach matney has class this mans job should be reconsidered next seasnon
well it's like hunt said "it's who has the greed to do it" of course i paraphrased.. but anyways.. the article said many games could have these kinds of records.. the matewan coach just decided to give it to his player.. i've seen worse scores in football right around here, so i'm not really sure how i stand on this issue
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
They reverse the call against the SV and Matewan game, so matewan gets the win
I believe i seen on the news that Matewan has made the playoffs. But i believe the coach did this as some what of gift to his player. He thought they wasn't going to make the playoffs (due to forfeits) and he doesn't think this kid will be able to play in college due to size. So he wanted to do something for the kid for all of his hard work. Now that is admirable and a very nice gesture. But knowing matewan i doubt it was as much of a gift as a time to be a bully.