Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Haddix new head coach at Corbin
Don Carlo Wrote:I always respected Haddix because he along with Haywood and Tom Larkey were never scared to play anybody in the mountains. I would love to see Johnson Central and Corbin get a series going in the next couple of seasons.

My dream schedule for Corbin:
Middlesboro
Somerset
Whitley Co
Knox Central
Bell Co
Wayne Co
McCreary Central (just cause of district)
Casey Co (just cause of district)
Danville or Glasgow
Harlan Co

Old school rivalries with some strong county schools mixed in.
^
Its good that Knox and Whitley are now on the schedule.
I agree with Mboro, to much history there not to play and is usually a good game. Same with Somerset.

The only one I could see being changed is Harlan County. While HC is a strong program, Corbin is going to need a break. I think I would keep the South game unless Haddix ends up turning Corbin back into a powerhouse, in which case I would reserve that other game for a big time program or out of state team every year.
The South game is one that I would kick to the curb. The gate really isn't nearly as good as one would expect, kids don't really view it as a rivalry. I'd let Whitley replace South and add someone else to the schedule.
You'll have your 3 district games and then Middlesboro, Whitley, and Somerset should be a must. Pigskin, Danville, an away bowl, and one more game of your liking should complete the schedule.
HAROLD Wrote:You'll have your 3 district games and then Middlesboro, Whitley, and Somerset should be a must. Pigskin, Danville, an away bowl, and one more game of your liking should complete the schedule.

There is four district games not three.