Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach of the year in AA?(So far)
Haywood and McGlone are two of the finest coaches in the state, All classes. They define a great example of what a class act is year in and year out.
The coach of the year in AA IMO this season is coach Doug Preston from Louisville Western. He has Western off to their best start in school history with a 7-0 record. Western is also among the state's leaders in rushing and scoring.
Western has atheletes, but they have never been noted as a power house from Louisville. This year , they are. Coach Preston's discipline combined with Western's athletisism has made them contenders this season. Preston's mentor is Sam Harp from Danville. The difference Preston has made is Western going from a pretty good team to being AA state championship contenders.
Coach Doug Preston is the AA coach of the year in my book.
Boyle co. might need to give this guy a call( he is a Danville guy)lol:Thumbs:
I agree completely. McGlone and Haywood both have their programs at the top of the heap every year, but you can see the difference Preston has made at Western. He deserves his recognition this season.
Coach Holcomb from Breathitt, he has done more with less than other coaches named IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

There are alot of great coaches out there and I know this, but I always have to go with Coach Haywood. He is one of the nicest and classiest people you will ever meet.
Hager
As you know I love what Haywood means to Belfry Football, but my vote this year would have to go with Doug Preston until he is beaten!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
i think that coach eric rattliff of east ridge should be the caoch of the year
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Coach Holcomb from Breathitt, he has done more with less than other coaches named IMO.

I agree Bull, I dont think anyone thought breathitt would be as good as they are with jus 4 seniors so Holcomb is done a good job this season but Im goin to have to say Coach Roark from Middlesboro for 2A Coach of the Year has had a great season so far with 7 wins last year had with 6 right now with 3 games left
footballfan74 Wrote:There are alot of great coaches out there and I know this, but I always have to go with Coach Haywood. He is one of the nicest and classiest people you will ever meet.

Then it would be the KY coach of the year in 2A !!!Confusedhh:
MVP2 Wrote:I agree Bull, I dont think anyone thought breathitt would be as good as they are with jus 4 seniors so Holcomb is done a good job this season but Im goin to have to say Coach Roark from Middlesboro for 2A Coach of the Year has had a great season so far with 7 wins last year had with 6 right now with 3 games left
He is a good choice, but Middlesboro has more athletes to work with IMO. There are several very good coaches in 2A, as well as the other classes, so just becasue they are not mentioned, that is not a slight against them IMO.

footballfrenzy Wrote:Then it would be the KY/WV coach of the year in 2A !!!Confusedhh:
He is a good guy as long as he wins, but really does not handle losing well.

IMO Louisville Westerns coach Doug Preston and thats the only one I think deserves it ! Belfry has performed the same way every season, thats why coach Haywood won't get it ! Maybe Ken Roark from Middlesboro may get it ! But thats the only coaches I'd vote for !
People who don't live there simply do not know. The Mingo Co. school system is seriously PATHETIC! I know this first hand. Anyone with reason out there, please here my words. I know that Belfry gets a kid pretty much every year from Mingo Co. The fact is, they get many more who don't play sports. The Mingo Co. school system is pathetic.

Does Haywood go to ballgames on Fridays looking for talent? NO! If I was a parent who had a kid entering ANY grade and I lived in Mingo Co., I would make the sacrifice and drive my kid to Pike Co. People don't really understand how pathetic it is over there. I feel for them. The kids of WV deserve better.
LovetheBucs Wrote:People who don't live there simply do not know. The Mingo Co. school system is seriously PATHETIC! I know this first hand. Anyone with reason out there, please here my words. I know that Belfry gets a kid pretty much every year from Mingo Co. The fact is, they get many more who don't play sports. The Mingo Co. school system is pathetic.

Does Haywood go to ballgames on Fridays looking for talent? NO! If I was a parent who had a kid entering ANY grade and I lived in Mingo Co., I would make the sacrifice and drive my kid to Pike Co. People don't really understand how pathetic it is over there. I feel for them. The kids of WV deserve better.
I agree. I went to school in Mingo County for a year before transfering to a school in Ky. I did have a change of address though. But i didn't go to Belfry.
footballfrenzy Wrote:Then it would be the KY/WV coach of the year in 2A !!!Confusedhh:
Please do not post false information.
Rule 12.
Coach Haywood has never coached in WV.
Back to topic...this thread is not about the Belfry nor Mingo Co school systems.
Marty Jaggers is a great coach too up at Mercer, Danville's O-coordinator for years and a heck of a football coach and person. One of the nicest guys you'll ever know and he's a true football guru. As far as football knowledge, Preston and Jaggers are the 2 best I know personally. I feel Mercer with the consolidation of Harrodsburg, Reclassed as a 5A, But playing in 2a, They're set up to win. Lou. Western isn't Trinity but You've never heard of Western at the very top of the stats. This year Western is among the elite in 2A football and went from solid to one of the best with a lil' Doug Preston leadership. 2A coach of the year is Doug Preston, Western was never this good before him.
I talked to coach Preston tonight. He acknowledges that a big part of his success is atributed from learning from coaches like Joe Jaggers(Ky's all time winningest coach)
Sam Harp(Danville) and Dudley Hilton(Bell Co.). Coach Preston gives credit to those who taught him and that makes Doug Preston a class act in my book. I worked with Coach Preston and he was the most professional coach I have been associated with.
Shelby Valley's coach Kevin Saunders