Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Winding Down
with the season winding down, what post season activites (i.e.; weight lifting, sprint work, dot drills, box jumps ETC) will go on at your schools? and how seriously will most of the players take it?
I know last year after there Playoff loss to Middlesboro, they started weight lifting and other things about 2 or 3 weeks after the loss ! Shouldnt be much different this season ! Coaches are working really hard with these kids and alot are progressing !
Coach Cline Wrote:with the season winding down, what post season activites (i.e.; weight lifting, sprint work, dot drills, box jumps ETC) will go on at your schools? and how seriously will most of the players take it?
For teams with serious playoff chances the season isn't winding down.

Some teams, Pikeville and Belfry, lift, do sprint work, etc DURING the season too. They aren't just post season activities and for serious , dedicated players, They never stop trying to improve themselves.
fox sports Wrote:For teams with serious playoff chances the season isn't winding down.

Some teams, Pikeville and Belfry, lift, do sprint work, etc DURING the season too. They aren't just post season activities and for serious , dedicated players, They never stop trying to improve themselves.

Same thing here in Ashland, atleast just a few years ago when I was there, but I believe that continues to be true.

I know that my friends and I used to joke that we had a 49 out of 52 week program. We'd take 2 weeks off after the end of the season and 1 week for dead period. Then, during those 2 breaks, we still would lift and run to stay in shape.
fox sports Wrote:For teams with serious playoff chances the season isn't winding down.

Some weeks Pikeville lifts four times. Some weeks only three times during the season. Do speed and agility work two or three times a week all year.