Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell-Estill Predictions
Midee1 Wrote:But some of those 26 need to step up and get that swagger back. You know what I'm talking about. You saw it from several last year. This years seniors seem to be afraid to become leaders.

No I don't know what you are talking about!

What I saw last year was a group of young men that worked together for a common goal. The kids played hard from seniors, juniors and sophomores and we got some good breaks at the right time took care of the ball and never gave up at anytime and things came together as a TEAM and the TEAM won a State Championship.

So maybe you should explain what you are talking about?
1st and Ten Wrote:No I don't know what you are talking about!

What I saw last year was a group of young men that worked together for a common goal. The kids played hard from seniors, juniors and sophomores and we got some good breaks at the right time took care of the ball and never gave up at anytime and things came together as a TEAM and the TEAM won a State Championship.

So maybe you should explain what you are talking about?

Actually the comment was directed toward FBALL. It is something we have discussed several times. My son was one of the seniors last year. If you watched last years team and then watched this years team you would see what I am talking about. Last years seniors seemed to have less talent than either 04's or 06's BUT they worked together very well. Had a bit of attitude and took over as team leaders. We may have 1-2 seniors this year out of 28-29 that are trying to be leaders. Where last year 8-9 out of 11 were.
Russel-58
Estill-7
Fballs comment was directed toward the team being ready to play Friday night and not take Estill lightly. I was at the game in 04' when we weren't ready to play and got our clocks cleaned. Your comment was directed toward the Seniors as a group. My point is that it takes all groups to be successful and win championships just as it did last year! You hope that your leadership on the field can come from your captains and I think that is starting to happen. It is hard to stay inspired with a weak schedule(no disrespect to others) when your not on the field but about half a game.:thumpsup:

Russell will win by several:devilflam
1st and Ten Wrote:Fballs comment was directed toward the team being ready to play Friday night and not take Estill lightly. I was at the game in 04' when we weren't ready to play and got our clocks cleaned. Your comment was directed toward the Seniors as a group. My point is that it takes all groups to be successful and win championships just as it did last year! You hope that your leadership on the field can come from your captains and I think that is starting to happen. It is hard to stay inspired with a weak schedule(no disrespect to others) when your not on the field but about half a game.:thumpsup:

I was at the game in 04 as well. We did get stomped on. As for FBALL he and I talk all the time at games. We were definitely talking about the team leadership as a whole. It does seem like it is starting to come together. As for the weak schedule I agree 100% but they need to look forward toward the playoffs and play with the fire in their belly's to prepare them. I realize that Ivan will not let games get out of hand but they need to give it all when they get a chance. To get ready for better teams that we hopefully will meet in the playoffs and beyond.

I also want to take a minute to welcome you, as a Russell fan, to the site. I need all the help I can get here.:thumpsup:
1st and Ten Wrote:Fballs comment was directed toward the team being ready to play Friday night and not take Estill lightly. I was at the game in 04' when we weren't ready to play and got our clocks cleaned. Your comment was directed toward the Seniors as a group. My point is that it takes all groups to be successful and win championships just as it did last year! You hope that your leadership on the field can come from your captains and I think that is starting to happen. It is hard to stay inspired with a weak schedule(no disrespect to others) when your not on the field but about half a game.:thumpsup:

Actually, that was '03 and Estill had a pretty good team that year...They were 8-3 or 7-4 and ended up losing to the same Lloyd team that knocked us out of the playoffs...Yeah, the wheels feel off in that game but I believe if we had played them 10 times, that probably would not have been the only time they beat us...We were coming off that senior dominated '02 team and we probably only had about 4 or 5 guys with much varsity experience...It was not a very physical team & if I remember correctly, they whipped us up front all night and had 1 or 2 really strong running backs...

As for this year, it will be another unfortunate cakewalk of the Devils...As for being on the field for only half a game, they just have to deal with it...That's the way it is until next year's change...Hopefully the leadership will continue to develop...This may be one of the biggest senior classes to come through in awhile but may not be one of the most mature groups we have had...Coming off a champonship season is probably the time when you need one of your most mature groups to come through because it is easier to live off the past...That FIRE in your belly from getting sooo close but coming up short doesn't burn like it did...The hardest championship you'll ever try to win is the one when you are trying to repeat after not winning one in a long time...It takes a strong & mature group of seniors the next year...Belfry had that 2 years ago...I'm still waiting to see if we do...
devil58 Wrote:Actually, that was '03 and Estill had a pretty good team that year...They were 8-3 or 7-4 and ended up losing to the same Lloyd team that knocked us out of the playoffs...Yeah, the wheels feel off in that game but I believe if we had played them 10 times, that probably would not have been the only time they beat us...We were coming off that senior dominated '02 team and we probably only had about 4 or 5 guys with much varsity experience...It was not a very physical team & if I remember correctly, they whipped us up front all night and had 1 or 2 really strong running backs...

As for this year, it will be another unfortunate cakewalk of the Devils...As for being on the field for only half a game, they just have to deal with it...That's the way it is until next year's change...Hopefully the leadership will continue to develop...This may be one of the biggest senior classes to come through in awhile but may not be one of the most mature groups we have had...Coming off a champonship season is probably the time when you need one of your most mature groups to come through because it is easier to live off the past...That FIRE in your belly from getting sooo close but coming up short doesn't burn like it did...The hardest championship you'll ever try to win is the one when you are trying to repeat after not winning one in a long time...It takes a strong & mature group of seniors the next year...Belfry had that 2 years ago...I'm still waiting to see if we do...

Well said :Thumbs:
I'm actually 5' 8", 176. and i think this statistician guy needs to strap up and play me before he comments on the "good ole fashioned butt whoopin'" I'm about to get. Don't be a hater mayne.
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:i'm actually 5' 8", 176. and i think this statistician guy needs to strap up and play me before he comments on the "good ole fashioned butt whoopin'" i'm about to get. don't be a hater mayne.

Give Me A Break Cameron...I Was Off By 1" and 6 Pounds...Close Enough...I Said 5'7" And 170 Lbs...
haha. it's alright, i guess.
Midee1 Wrote:I'm the fat boy on the right. Told Ya!
you are schafers dad.
t-cat50 Wrote:you are schafers dad.

Confusedhh: Don't tell anyone. Don't want to be associated with that kid.Smile
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:i'm actually 5' 8", 176. and i think this statistician guy needs to strap up and play me before he comments on the "good ole fashioned butt whoopin'" i'm about to get. don't be a hater mayne.

He's not hatin' You are going to face the best defense that you have seen so far this year. Not bragging just calling it how I see it.

Here is a link to some stats for you. http://www.khsaa.org/football/2006/stats2.htm
maybe the best i've seen this year, but i've played better [in california]. and he was hatin', dog. tellin' me i'm gonna get a hillbilly whoopin' and stuff. i'm not saying they're [russell] not good, but i am sayin' that we can play with 'em, no matter who they have. not bragging, just calling it how i see it.
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:maybe the best i've seen this year, but i've played better [in california]. and he was hatin', dog. tellin' me i'm gonna get a hillbilly whoopin' and stuff. i'm not saying they're [russell] not good, but i am sayin' that we can play with 'em, no matter who they have. not bragging, just calling it how i see it.

A little clarification young man. I am not a dog. I am an adult human and wish to be addressed as such. Secondly. Sure you may have seen better in California but you are not there right now. You are in Estill Co which happens to be in Russell district. I wish you the best of luck playing against Russell. I would love to see a good game. But my gut feeling tells me it won't be. I could be wrong. I certainly have been before.
i meant no disrespect by the phrase "dog," and i'm sorry you took it as such. it's actually a friendly slang term, not a malicious one. nonetheless, i am sorry. and i know very well that i am not in california-i never stated otherwise-but i also know that i am a football player, and i have too much pride to let someone tell me i'm going to get a "butt whooping" without responding. and, personally, i feel that no one on here knows anything about football. they may know odds, and they may know numbers, but odds and numbers is not what football is about; football is about heart and commitment. "in football, anything can happen on any given sunday"; in this case, it's any given friday.
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:i meant no disrespect by the phrase "dog," and i'm sorry you took it as such. it's actually a friendly slang term, not a malicious one. nonetheless, i am sorry. and i know very well that i am not in california-i never stated otherwise-but i also know that i am a football player, and i have too much pride to let someone tell me i'm going to get a "butt whooping" without responding. and, personally, i feel that no one on here knows anything about football. they may know odds, and they may know numbers, but odds and numbers is not what football is about; football is about heart and commitment. "in football, anything can happen on any given sunday"; in this case, it's any given friday.

I'm sure that several on here know a bunch about football. Sure some of us go off of stats and past history. Neither one is real accurate. All that is accurate is the fact that the games are played by young men on the field on Friday nights. I like your attitude about football. Heart and commitment is where it's at. But 1 player with that will not overcome an entire team of that very same qualities. Like I said earlier I hope for a good game. If you get a minute or 2 before you all go out for warm ups walk down to the lower goal post. The one opposite the scoreboard and say Hi. There will be a bunch of us down there watching warm ups. FBALL, Devilologist, Devil68, Devil58, Devil89 and JFLDAD should all be around somewhere. I would enjoy meeting you and I'm sure they would too.:thumpsup:
Russell in this one, probably by as much as they want...
thatRBfromCALI Wrote:i meant no disrespect by the phrase "dog," and i'm sorry you took it as such. it's actually a friendly slang term, not a malicious one. nonetheless, i am sorry. and i know very well that i am not in california-i never stated otherwise-but i also know that i am a football player, and i have too much pride to let someone tell me i'm going to get a "butt whooping" without responding. and, personally, i feel that no one on here knows anything about football. they may know odds, and they may know numbers, but odds and numbers is not what football is about; football is about heart and commitment. "in football, anything can happen on any given sunday"; in this case, it's any given friday.
What up dog. Midee1 is just old guy that doesn't get it. I'll try to explain slang to him when I see him. Just don't call him phat.
FBALL Wrote:What up dog. Midee1 is just old guy that doesn't get it. I'll try to explain slang to him when I see him. Just don't call him phat.

:ChairHit: :argue: Smile
Russel by many many many many.
Russell will do whatever they want against Estill
Honestly lets not jump to conclusions. yes imo this will be one the easier games of the schedule but i do recall last year the same staements being made that we would just roll over them and blowout and all that good jazz....but seeing and hearing those comments got our heads up our butts and we got a suprise score one us so lets not count Estill out by any means....every game makes you better as a team and a player.
Reddevil07 Wrote:Honestly lets not jump to conclusions. yes imo this will be one the easier games of the schedule but i do recall last year the same staements being made that we would just roll over them and blowout and all that good jazz....but seeing and hearing those comments got our heads up our butts and we got a suprise score one us so lets not count Estill out by any means....every game makes you better as a team and a player.

Good attitude. :Clap:
FBALL Wrote:Good attitude. :Clap:
ehh well i try
I don't think Russellwill beat us that horrible, every body is expecting Russell to beat us 56 to 0 but I know if Estill gets their heads on straight it will be a good game.
Cameron Allie from Cali. hasn't played all season.
'Neers Fan! Wrote:I don't think Russellwill beat us that horrible, every body is expecting Russell to beat us 56 to 0 but I know if Estill gets their heads on straight it will be a good game.

Russell for the year has only allowed an average of 10.3 points per game while scoring 41.8. No offense but I look for a running clock in the 4th.
Russell, blowout/shutout
wheres the bidding
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "