Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LMS 8th Grade -v- Johnson Central 8th Grade
Old School Wrote:What makes you think that JCMS was expecting a cake walk at LMS?

They totally dominated in the game last year and walked all over these boys. Shows what having a good coach can do for a team.
when you stand by an listen to jc players and parents comparing the young dawgs to the jv & varsity teams that have played jc this year they wasn't given the lms dawgs a chance they had done wrote them off, but the lms team came in fighting with everything they had, even so the out come was in the favor of jc the lms are still winners and have nothing to hold the heads down for. and inside sources from jc say that 11 or more of the jc players should have been 9th graders this year.
JC always takes full advantage of the 19 after Aug. 1st rule with their male athletes.
dawgmom Wrote:They totally dominated in the game last year and walked all over these boys. Shows what having a good coach can do for a team.
You cant be a woman, your posts are too smart,,hehe:Cheerlead
Old school Dawg Wrote:You cant be a woman, your posts are too smart,,hehe:Cheerlead

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Old school Dawg Wrote:You cant be a woman, your posts are too smart,,hehe:Cheerlead

HAHAHAHA
dawgmom Wrote:They totally dominated in the game last year and walked all over these boys. Shows what having a good coach can do for a team.

That team that dominated last year are freshman this year I assume that the kids that played for LC last year are also freshman. Just because you win big one year doesn't mean that you'll win big the next year. One sign of a good coach is not to overlook anyone on your schedule.
Old School Wrote:That team that dominated last year are freshman this year I assume that the kids that played for LC last year are also freshman. Just because you win big one year doesn't mean that you'll win big the next year. One sign of a good coach is not to overlook anyone on your schedule.

the dawgs where in the 7th grade last year when jc dominated them not the 8th grade
At best this was a boring game with no defense and no need to talk about it further.
youdroppedsomething Wrote:At best this was a boring game with no defense and no need to talk about it further.

Don't know what little world you are living in but apparently you weren't at the same game I was. It was an exciting game.
Old School Wrote:That team that dominated last year are freshman this year I assume that the kids that played for LC last year are also freshman. Just because you win big one year doesn't mean that you'll win big the next year. One sign of a good coach is not to overlook anyone on your schedule.

I am talking about the same kids that played Tuesday. The Freshmen this year that played last year had a close game. You are right, a coach shouldn't overlook anyone on a schedule, but that is not the only thing that makes a good coach.
youdroppedsomething Wrote:At best this was a boring game with no defense and no need to talk about it further.

With coments like that you dont need to revist this thread then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You guys crack me up on here crying around about hold backs. None of this years JCMS 8th grade team even stayed back at the middle school except for #83 a thinly built lineman named David Branch. One of the smaller kids #1 Zack Salyers was held back at Highlands Elem. in 6th grade. The big RB #36 Tanner Bratton has never even stayed back. He just turned 14. Just ask Coach Goldsmith, he knows. Now, if you guys want more information just private message me. Whenever I speak on here it will only be with facts that can be backed up, not with these so-called "inside sources." :dontthink
I'm not sure anyone was whining, just discussing the hold backs, which by the way, we all know EVERY school has them in one sport or another.
TheProfessor Wrote:You guys crack me up on here crying around about hold backs. None of this years JCMS 8th grade team even stayed back at the middle school except for #83 a thinly built lineman named David Branch. One of the smaller kids #1 Zack Salyers was held back at Highlands Elem. in 6th grade. The big RB #36 Tanner Bratton has never even stayed back. He just turned 14. Just ask Coach Goldsmith, he knows. Now, if you guys want more information just private message me. Whenever I speak on here it will only be with facts that can be backed up, not with these so-called "inside sources." :dontthink

We know who the hold backs were, these kids have played together for the last several years. We know that some of them were suppose to be freshman and we dont care, we were just stating what facts we had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think the holdback conversation takes away from the effort put forth by both teams. It implies that the outcome was predetermined and that no matter how well LMS may have played they weren't going to win. LMS has one of the best QBs i've seen all year, and with that type of player alone you always have a good shot to win games. LMS also had several other players who stood out (I dont remember all thier numbers, but a couple I do were #8 and #72). Anybody at the game should have been able to tell that both teams were pretty good. Had this game been played earlier in the season I think LMS probably pulls out the win. JCMS has improved quite a bit since earlier in the year. They have also had several close games this year and were used to playing with the pressure of having to come from behind late in the game. As for the post about lack of defense, I think that both teams did a fair job of containing two very good offenses.
Cheers to you jcfan90-couldn't put it better myself!! Glad to know there are fans who appreciate both sides of the field!!
jcfan90 Wrote:I think the holdback conversation takes away from the effort put forth by both teams. It implies that the outcome was predetermined and that no matter how well LMS may have played they weren't going to win. LMS has one of the best QBs i've seen all year, and with that type of player alone you always have a good shot to win games. LMS also had several other players who stood out (I dont remember all thier numbers, but a couple I do were #8 and #72). Anybody at the game should have been able to tell that both teams were pretty good. Had this game been played earlier in the season I think LMS probably pulls out the win. JCMS has improved quite a bit since earlier in the year. They have also had several close games this year and were used to playing with the pressure of having to come from behind late in the game. As for the post about lack of defense, I think that both teams did a fair job of containing two very good offenses.

Good post!! # 72 is Cole Cyrus, a true 7th grader and #8 is Wade Skaggs.
TheProfessor Wrote:You guys crack me up on here crying around about hold backs. None of this years JCMS 8th grade team even stayed back at the middle school except for #83 a thinly built lineman named David Branch. One of the smaller kids #1 Zack Salyers was held back at Highlands Elem. in 6th grade. The big RB #36 Tanner Bratton has never even stayed back. He just turned 14. Just ask Coach Goldsmith, he knows. Now, if you guys want more information just private message me. Whenever I speak on here it will only be with facts that can be backed up, not with these so-called "inside sources." :dontthink

Let's see! You want to talk like you know something. You don't know crap. Parker the QB- held back at Flat Gap, Tanner YES held back at Meade (If he is 14, then he is a holdback, and if he just turned 14 he will be held back again), Colby Blanton the GUARD- Held back at Central ELM.,Lackey - Hold Back at Meade, Green- Hold Back at Flat Gap, Salyers- Hold Back at Highlands, Ousley- Hold Back at Porter. If you want more I can give them to ya! Just don't sit there and try and feed everyone a line of crap. So don't even try and say that these boys weren't hold backs, because I know for a fact that they were! I know them all first hand!!! I really don't see anything wrong with holdbacks. That is the parents, students and school's choice. But, to sit there and lie about it is another thing. If a child is going to graduate at the age of 17 then I am all for it. Cause I did and I couldn't even VOTE, Join the ARMY or even rent a dirty movie (LOL) without my parents permission and that is just to young and I am out of school. So keep them as long as you can! Just don't try and lie about it! They are only young once!
OffTheHook Wrote:Let's see! You want to talk like you know something. You don't know crap. Parker the QB- held back at Flat Gap, Tanner YES held back at Meade (If he is 14, then he is a holdback, and if he just turned 14 he will be held back again), Colby Blanton the GUARD- Held back at Central ELM.,Lackey - Hold Back at Meade, Green- Hold Back at Flat Gap, Salyers- Hold Back at Highlands, Ousley- Hold Back at Porter. If you want more I can give them to ya! Just don't sit there and try and feed everyone a line of crap. So don't even try and say that these boys weren't hold backs, because I know for a fact that they were! I know them all first hand!!! I really don't see anything wrong with holdbacks. That is the parents, students and school's choice. But, to sit there and lie about it is another thing. If a child is going to graduate at the age of 17 then I am all for it. Cause I did and I couldn't even VOTE, Join the ARMY or even rent a dirty movie (LOL) without my parents permission and that is just to young and I am out of school. So keep them as long as you can! Just don't try and lie about it! They are only young once!

well all of these kids that you said are mainly hold backs but for one reason most of these kids are juss way to young to go on ik that #36 was only 11 his first 6th grade year so he would have been way to young to go on to the middle skool level.
This game was months ago-why are we still debating football???
Dawg@heart Wrote:Heard these boys(8th grade) may be playing 3 this weeK? Tues w/JC, Thurs w/verity/ and Sat w/ Belfry. Any truth to any of this?? Sure is alot to ask of the boys if its true!!

Gotta go with LMS on Tuesday-what little they have gotten to play, they sure are tough as nails!! What's up with everyone cancelling on them? They have worked so hard to have only gotten in 3 games all season.
You got to be kidding.This group of boys have had more football and basketball games cancelled than they have played.They need to play 3 or 4 times a week.Of course that is hard on the parents.