Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County coaching search
The name that I have been hearing has yet to even be mentioned or even hinted at for that matter.
kai Wrote:Trimble has been contacted, not sure if he is interested. Brian Hall or Spurlock be good hire. It appears the LC is looking for experience instead of youth this time may be what the boys need.

You are correct, Trimble has been contacted but I have been told he did not accept the offer.
Dalton brothers will return to LC
Home run if you get one of the Faulkners.
Which Faulkner is it? I agree both of the would do an outstanding job.
Wolverine Wrote:Which Faulkner is it? I agree both of the would do an outstanding job.

It would have to be Ethan because Evan Faulkner took the head coaching position at Ripley WV. I do know that Ethan has an AAU traveling team with Chaffins and Kiser already on it.
Whoever comes in at LC gonna be walking into a great situation. Word is The Daltons going no where as for the others I've not heard. Future is bright for LC Basketball!!!!!!
KyRock Wrote:Whoever comes in at LC gonna be walking into a great situation. Word is The Daltons going no where as for the others I've not heard. Future is bright for LC Basketball!!!!!!

CONFIRMED: ALL LC players returning. Great team for any coach to walk in to. Lets hope this team gets a great hire that they deserve and someone who appreciates the talent.
Its good to see all the LC players are staying put.
no matter who they hire, coach Cook will be missed...
Bouncingbabyboy Wrote:no matter who they hire, coach Cook will be missed...

He sure will be missed and I wish him all the best.
Any updates on coach, now that players are staying.
heard that Frankie Smith has applied
Jed Clampett Wrote:heard that Frankie Smith has applied

That is such a joke if he does. He may be a good coach but don't really see him blending with the LC parents. He has a "better than thou" attitude. Yes he got 15th region coach of the year but that should definitely have went to Coach Cook. He will keep his job at SC. The layoff is just a routine thing they do in order to do budget.
I have heard that Coach John Walker from Hazard has applied for the job. John would be a great hire.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I have heard that Coach John Walker from Hazard has applied for the job. John would be a great hire.

Jon Walker has NOT applied for any head coaching jobs. Lol ( yet anyways)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heard Whitaker may want in at Lawrence County? Any truth to that?
York
If I was Lawrence, I would not want Coach Feltner conducting the search.........
They need to get a coach in place so all there players do not hit the panic button and jump ship.
All I'm saying is, is if JR Vanhoose wants to coach at your school, you should probably let him...
corndog23 Wrote:All I'm saying is, is if JR Vanhoose wants to coach at your school, you should probably let him...

well....i believe it starts with an application....he has to APPLY for the job first before he can get it....:insane:
lchsalumnus Wrote:well....i believe it starts with an application....he has to APPLY for the job first before he can get it....:insane:

Curious how you know who's applied and who's not? :eyeroll:
Exactly.
Mezzo Wrote:That is such a joke if he does. He may be a good coach but don't really see him blending with the LC parents. He has a "better than thou" attitude. Yes he got 15th region coach of the year but that should definitely have went to Coach Cook. He will keep his job at SC. The layoff is just a routine thing they do in order to do budget.

I'm sure you are right about the budget thing with Frankie,but I have to disagree with you on the matter of COY. Cook did a great job, but I would argue that Hicks at SV deserved that honor. If I'm not mistaken they didn't even get out of the 3 team district the year before and made it to 15th Regina championship this past year. Played a mighty tough schedule too.
Mezzo Wrote:Curious how you know who's applied and who's not? :eyeroll:

and how do you know he has applied....:eyeroll: i have my inside sources....Confusednicker:
JR Vanhoose would be a great choice! Who is current frontrunner ?
Stuartscott Wrote:JR Vanhoose would be a great choice! Who is current frontrunner ?

JR Vanhoose would be a nice choice. Timing hurts me need one more year to retirement. 64SUR. :Sad04:
lchsalumnus Wrote:and how do you know he has applied....:eyeroll: i have my inside sources....Confusednicker:

Yes I KNOW you do. Probably why you are always upholding the AD and school system , Confusednicker:
Mezzo Wrote:Yes I KNOW you do. Probably why you are always upholding the AD and school system , Confusednicker:

if you think i work for the school system your are sadly mistaken...no chance. i can barely put up with my kids for a few hours let alone 100s for 8 hours. Confusednicker: i just happen to know people who know people.