Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Prestonsburg 10
Not as good a game as I was hoping. Belfry threw the ball pretty well but their defense dominated Prestonsburg all night long. Prestonsburg's only touchdown came on a huge pass with 11 seconds left in the game. Good win Pirates.
Not surprised. P-burg is good, but they aren't ready for Belfry this year.
How bout them Blackcats. What happen? I'll tell you what happen you got your butt kicked & I loved every minute of it.
KLH Wrote:How bout them Blackcats. What happen? I'll tell you what happen you got your butt kicked & I loved every minute of it.

Okay, that was pretty uncalled for, thought from a classy community like Belfry we would have some better people on here than that, hope you're a kid, because this is very disgraceful!
I would like to see this thread make it for a week! We need to be respectful of each other and be careful with our words. All of the staff will be watching this thread. Great win Belfry!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Way to go Belfry! One game closer to becoming district champs! I loved the "Not In Our House" sweat shirts that the fans wore tonight. It was also great to see the 1986 team being reconized.
I knew this was coming. Belfry is the real deal.
Congrats Pirates! :letsparty :redboxer:

Very well played game, I was really impressed tonight.
Just wondering who and all did well tonight for Belfry? Any stats?
Its been told all week that Belfry was to strong for Prestonsburg and they showed it tonight. The defense dominated Prestonsburg all night.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Okay, that was pretty uncalled for, thought from a classy community like Belfry we would have some better people on here than that, hope you're a kid, because this is very disgraceful!

DONT LET ONE BAD STATEMENT OVERSHADOW A OTHERWISE GREAT COMMUNITY. BELFRY AS A WHOLE WOULD NEVER DISRESPECT ANOTHER TEAM THAT WAY...
HAVING SAID THAT; BELFRY'S D WAS TOO MUCH FOR THE CATS AND TO BE HONEST I REALLY THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A MUCH CLOSER GAME.
EVERYTHING FELL RIGHT IN PLACE FOR THE BUCS TONITE AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL PLAY JUST AS HARD OR HARDER NEXT WEEK AT THE ROCK.
GO PIRATESTongueirateSho
GREAT JOB EPLING, ELKINS, MAY AND EVERYBODY!
NICE TO SEE HEATH VARNEY BACK IN ACTION!
HAPPY 17TH BDAY # HOSS
Congrats Belfry on a great win. The Blackcats have to regroup and come out next week fresh and focused.
Congrats Belfry from Letcher Nation, lol! My 2nd favorite team..I want to be invited to a tailgate party over in Pond Creek!
piratefan_4ever Wrote:DONT LET ONE BAD STATEMENT OVERSHADOW A OTHERWISE GREAT COMMUNITY. BELFRY AS A WHOLE WOULD NEVER DISRESPECT ANOTHER TEAM THAT WAY...
HAVING SAID THAT; BELFRY'S D WAS TOO MUCH FOR THE CATS AND TO BE HONEST I REALLY THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A MUCH CLOSER GAME.
EVERYTHING FELL RIGHT IN PLACE FOR THE BUCS TONITE AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL PLAY JUST AS HARD OR HARDER NEXT WEEK AT THE ROCK.
GO PIRATESTongueirateSho
GREAT JOB EPLING, ELKINS, MAY AND EVERYBODY!
NICE TO SEE HEATH VARNEY BACK IN ACTION!
HAPPY 17TH BDAY # HOSS

No problem, I think we all know that every school and/or City/area has folks that speak out of hand at times. Over all both schools show class if the truth be told. Let's keep this thread civil, and show the respect We're all capable of [font="]and deserve.[/font]
Excellent defensive display Pirates Great win! Also nice to see the passing game working against a good team like P'burg. Great win Bucs and good luck next week to both teams.BRING ON SHELDON CLARK!!!!!!!!!!!
Just like I figured it would be.

Congrats Pirates!!!!!!!!

See you next week
GO CARDS!!!!!!!!
Anyone have a garbage bag?
Congrats Beflry on the W.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Congrats Belfry from Letcher Nation, lol! My 2nd favorite team..I want to be invited to a tailgate party over in Pond Creek!

Consider yourself invited :thumpsup: we tailgate every home game!

GREAT JOB PIRATES! :flame:

I never had any doubt but I did expect a better/closer game. The bad part is the Blackcats didn't seem to be having a bad night. I may be wrong but they seemed to have played a good hard game....I guess that just means that our Pirates are just that good :1:

Good luck with the rest of your season Cats.

Lets go get em next week Pirates :redboxer:
Great job PIRATES,,, we may see you again soon..........
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:Great job PIRATES,,, we may see you again soon..........
Without a doubt and we can't wait lol
TongueirateSho
Well I decided to make the trip to Belfry tonight and noticed a few things. Belfry has a pretty dag gone good Defense and kept the Cats to about 100 total yards of offense all night (minus the long pass at the end that came on their JV). Prestonsburg had chances but never did take advantage of them. I don't want to single any one player out, but someone on the Cat squad quit running their route or just slowed down not once but three times when they had the oppertunity to get by the Belfry safety. The ball that Pburg threw on 2nd or 3rd down in the endzone in the 2nd quater should've been caught also, great pass IMO between defenders...should've layed out and attempted to use two hands. If the QB tries to get you the ball you have to make an effort. Belfry's offense is the same pounding it out but they kept Pburg off guard by mixing in the pass which was impressive. Overall well played ball game by the Pirates and I can see a potential match-up with Russell.
congrats Belfry
First off Congrats Belfry ! Second there defense ate up Prestonsburg's Run game ! Third, #2 Bobby threw some great passes tonight and they where either dropped or the players didnt lay out for them and thats the reason for only one touchdown ! Only person we could run the ball with was #5 Setser, and he ended up getting hurt and didnt get that many carries in the 2nd half ! But the thing that killed me was that Belfry ran the same play (Fullback Dive) about 15 times and #20 May got about 6 or 8 yards each time ! Belfry passed the ball good tonight ! But just lack of effort by some Pburg players kept this game from being different ! Again Congrats to the Pirates !
It would be great to see Belfry and Russell play. When these 2 teams play it feels like you are at the superbowl.
The first half went as I expected, but the second half up until the JV went in, it was like Pburg's O wasn't even on the field.

I'll say this though, I'd hate to defend against G, Maydo, and Chaps. Heck, I'd hate to have to choose between the 3 for who was getting the ball on any given play.
I don't know about the Super Bowl, but I'd say it'll be a great football atmosphere.
Ive said it all season. Pburg's offense is just not working. I've heard people say all season that they just don't have the athletes. They have just as good of athletes as the rest of EKY. Against SC i believe they only scored 2Tds. One in overtime was legit. The first score though came due to SC not getting out of the huddle. Pburg snapped it and shot down the sideline. Now i'm not making excuses for SC. That was their fault but what i am saying is that pburg's O has been their problem all year. Their just not going to get those same shots against good oponents.
cats eye Wrote:Ive said it all season. Pburg's offense is just not working. I've heard people say all season that they just don't have the athletes. They have just as good of athletes as the rest of EKY. Against SC i believe they only scored 2Tds. One in overtime was legit. The first score though came due to SC not getting out of the huddle. Pburg snapped it and shot down the sideline. Now i'm not making excuses for SC. That was their fault but what i am saying is that pburg's O has been their problem all year. Their just not going to get those same shots against good oponents.

If that Offense donst get going than we wont go anywhere in the playoffs !
Good Job Pburg and Great Game for Belfry on picking up the win