Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Close To Naming New Coach
BIG TONY Wrote::hilarious:
That's constructive. Tell me more about your 11th grade participation award in shop class.
Is 64 the new coach?
Hey Deebo, east Ridge beat Shelby Valley last year. Eric Ratliff is a good man and will do a great job at Shelby Valley if they give him time. He is a smart coach and the kids will love him
Heard today Ratliff has not officially accepted or met with SV team, could he be stalling for the Pike Cent job? Assistant coach Hambton has been in charge of team since season was over . Never considered for Head coach? Could he possibly apply for Perry Cent or PikeCent job. He has many years as an assistant and been through many coaches. Maybe him and Stepp together again?
Hampton is a heck of a football coach! SV is crazy for not approaching him to coach the team. He's been there for a lot of years and deserves it!
Coachnorm Wrote:Hampton is a heck of a football coach! SV is crazy for not approaching him to coach the team. He's been there for a lot of years and deserves it!

Time served does not mean anything! I'm starting to wonder ----how would they be w/o him. Maybe there's a reason he's never been given any consideration. Like the saying, always a bridesmaid never a bride. Just wondering?
Mjolnir Wrote:Time served does not mean anything! I'm starting to wonder ----how would they be w/o him. Maybe there's a reason he's never been given any consideration. Like the saying, always a bridesmaid never a bride. Just wondering?
Amen mjonlir, amen. He's been cocking at Valley for how long? 10 years easy. I've been watching Shelby Valley football for a long time. They've been through 5 head coaches since he's been there, about to be 6. And guess what Shelby Valleys major problem has ALWAYS been? Defense. They can score 40 points on anyone but they can never stop anyone from scoring 41 on them. The defense is just terrible. They have to good of athletes at the school now for them to not be able to play D. I still remember, the best team they've had since I was there was back in 2010, with BJ Roberts, Dillion Hughes, Cody Varney and all of them boys. There is no reason at all that that team didn't sweep the district and win the region championship easy that year. They had by far the best offense in the region and could score on anyone but they just could stop anyone. Guess who was coaching the defense then? Exactly. 2012...led all classes in rushing. #1 rushing team in the state. Couldn't win because they couldn't stop anyone. They never have been able to since he's been there. I guess me and you are the only knowledgable people on this post because I seriously haven't seen one educated well thought out statement made by several people. I could go out and coach football for 40 years and not be worth a dime at doing it but sure lets to ahead and hire me and put me in control of the whole team. Eric Ratliff is scheduled to meet with Shleby Valley players tomorrow. I hope he cleans house on the staff besides the Line coach.
Heard from reliable source that Ratliff is keeping Hampton on staff,but his duties will be minimized. Don't know exactly what that means for him but no longer defensive coordinator. He may transfer if he chooses.