Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best middle school team in the 15th (Girls)
Warfeild middle is good this year, but they got beat the other night by Belfry. They have a good bunch of girls this year. They said the other night when they played Belfry that Carla Booth was not on her game. i'm going to tell you one thing that girl is good. She plays for Sheldon Clark High School, and Warfeild middle. That girl can go somewhere, by the time she gets out of high school.:devilflam :1:
I agree, she is good
I agree that Carla is good, but Belfrys defense shut her down she was really frustrated by the end of the game. I don't think she is the best player in the region. That would have to go to the Belfrys Amy McCoy or JJ Bevins
I was at that game and it is my belief that JJ Bevins and Carla Booth are probably the 2 best point guards in the state...but as Bigsis stated, Belfry did shut her down and she was frustrated by the end of the game....Way to go Lady Pirates!!
What was the score of the game? Elkhorn City is the 2nd best team in the county aren't they? I bet this was a good game.
Belfy won at Louisa by 42 and they beat Elkhorn City by 25...not sure of the final scores though
I think that belfry will take over the court!!!!!:bball:
good luck#34 for belfryTongueirateSho
how is Hearld Whitaker Middle from Magoffin doing this year?
not too sure actually...I know Belfry beat them but as for what thier win/loss record I don't know
Is Very Good This Year,but When You Return 4 Of Last Years Starting Five You Should Be,is This The Best Middle School Team Ever From Thsi Area,noway Past Turkey Crrek Teams Were Much Better,this Girls Now Are Very Talented Don't Want To Take Anything Away From Them And Will Make A Very Good Addition To The High School Team Later.
ok thanks for the info, I know ive only been out to 3 of the lady hornets games and I wasn't to sure of what they arte up aganist.
coolbob Wrote:I think that belfry will take over the court!!!!!:bball:

I think so too :thumpsup: They are looking good!
Birdlegs Wrote:Is Very Good This Year,but When You Return 4 Of Last Years Starting Five You Should Be,is This The Best Middle School Team Ever From Thsi Area,noway Past Turkey Crrek Teams Were Much Better,this Girls Now Are Very Talented Don't Want To Take Anything Away From Them And Will Make A Very Good Addition To The High School Team Later.

Birdlegs I will agree that there have been some good teams to come out of Turkey Creek but there has never been one as talented and as good as this years Lady Pirates. I think you can put this years team up against any of the other teams from Turkey Creek and this years team would win, I'm not taking any thing away from the older TC teams but they don't even compare.
i think that Betsy Layne is pretty good if u ask me
:Cheerlead yes, she has some mad skills :notworthy !
The Belfry area has been blessed with some very talented teams in the past,just to mention a few Runyons with Bevins,Hall,Rutherford,Hunter,Hager(Back 2 Back co.champs) Bevins has had a ton of good teams,S.Wmson with Smith,Thomas,And u Bigsis22,also lil sis Nikki was a very good team,thenTurkey Creek with THE Howard twins,Brittany Chapman,Kelly Hale,Mary beth Johnson,Natasha Combs,Courteny Hamilton,Michelle Altizer,Falon Muncy,Falon Thacker,Samantha Kline was alot of talent on one team( and all these teams played against much tougher talent in the county.
I think Belfry is the best not just because im a Belfry fan there just good!!
Birdlegs Wrote:The Belfry area has been blessed with some very talented teams in the past,just to mention a few Runyons with Bevins,Hall,Rutherford,Hunter,Hager(Back 2 Back co.champs) Bevins has had a ton of good teams,S.Wmson with Smith,Thomas,And u Bigsis22,also lil sis Nikki was a very good team,thenTurkey Creek with THE Howard twins,Brittany Chapman,Kelly Hale,Mary beth Johnson,Natasha Combs,Courteny Hamilton,Michelle Altizer,Falon Muncy,Falon Thacker,Samantha Kline was alot of talent on one team( and all these teams played against much tougher talent in the county.

If my memory serves me correct the girl's from Turkey Creek also done respectable in State AAU tournaments with one team finishing second and the other going on to compete at nationals....I also think that one of the Howard girls broke a 3-point record as well.

This area has really had some talent in the past and it is hard to compare this year with any other year simply because ,as you said, the talent in the county also varies from year to year.
i think that belfry and elkhorn will be the best 2 teams in the 15th this year!!!!!
Belfry ans Elkhorn are the 2 best teams but if I am correct, and they both win, Belfry will have to play Elkhorn in the semis...it should be the championship game
Belfry beat Elkhorn tonight ......by about 25 pts good job girls keep up the good work
Birdlegs Wrote:Is Very Good This Year,but When You Return 4 Of Last Years Starting Five You Should Be,is This The Best Middle School Team Ever From Thsi Area,noway Past Turkey Crrek Teams Were Much Better,this Girls Now Are Very Talented Don't Want To Take Anything Away From Them And Will Make A Very Good Addition To The High School Team Later.

It is true that they return that talent, but that talent must be directed into production. They are very talented and a team, so let them bask in their glory and make their own records and memories without comparisions.
Well said backseatbooster2!! Let these girls enjoy thier victories and championships without comparison.
I never made the first comparison of any of the teams of the past,check out post #14 thats where the comparison was made,I just stated an opinion.These girls now deserve all the credit they get,they had a very good season and wish them the best of luck
But when I go back and read my post #11,I can see where it could be taken wrong,and if that's the case I apoligize for it,it was not meant to down grade this years Lady Pirates fine season.