Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Acts of Love"
According to one 'as yet undeclared' presidential candidate, when interloping border crashers illegally cross our border with Mexico, it's really just an act of love, committed by loving fathers. I suppose using that kind of logic, one could easily make the same argument about bank robbers, check kiters, car thieves, folks who traffic in human slavery, etc. etc.. And, how about those sweetheart daddies who flew passenger jets through the World Trade Towers and the Pentagon? In their minds were they not making the world a better place? Even criminals make babies, so the likelihood that insurgents of every ilk are dads, is upwards of 100%. At any rate, the dozens of Mexican drug cartels and their leaders will be ingratiated with Jeb Bush once the news of his comment filters down into Mexico. "Yes, they (illegal immigrants) broke the law, but it's not a felony. It's an act of love, it's an act of commitment to your family," http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...t-of-love/ If I didn't know better, I'd think these guys deserve the medal of honor or something.

News flash there Jeb, the United States has provided for those who want to immigrate to this nation in order to provide a better life for their children. We have immigration laws and they don't include amnesty for those who circumvent the process illegally. If government liberals were to apply similar logic in the case of apprehended bank robbers, we should allow them to keep their ill gotten gain and even provide cradle to grave entitlements for their dependents.

I liked what Charles Krauthammer said about the Bush interview; “If he was feeling any optimism before that interview, I think it has gone away after the interview," READ MORE http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/20...ve-Remarks

The ONLY reason we should help illegal immigrants at all, is if it could be demonstrated beyond doubt that no American citizen was unduly suffering. We got fallen soldiers who have both arms and both legs blown off and big chunks missing out of their heads, who are being largely ignored by their country. That's why I hate the recent trend of high ranking politicians getting elected despite the fact they never served their country in the military. There is a world of knowledge and understanding they will never have and for my money, in many ways they are unworthy of the office. Our federal government is bending over backwards to put the interests of people here by illegal means ahead of honest hard working Americans. In short it goes like this. Patriots who are willing to take up arms in defense of their nation after having served, are finding themselves in the soup line once they get home. Meanwhile, criminal insurgents are being treated in a fashion more fitting of honored soldiers.

Like about everything else in this country these days, right is wrong and wrong is right. Americans would do much better for themselves if they would fully vet candidates and quit voting for either the letter D or the letter R. It's still more than a little troubling to me that we flushed a rather remarkable candidate in the person of Mitt Romney, in favor of four more years of Obama. :HitWall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^^ I saw Jeb give that statement Real Thing. I was taken aback when I heard him say that. I was wondering what the Border Patrol and their families were thinking when he came up with that lame ass sound bite. Probably yhe same thing I was.
TigerBlues Wrote:^^^ I saw Jeb give that statement Real Thing. I was taken aback when I heard him say that. I was wondering what the Border Patrol and their families were thinking when he came up with that lame ass sound bite. Probably yhe same thing I was.

Right. And taking his logic to it's ultimate end, at what point would the people of this nation have done enough? If the 20 million or so illegals here now deserve to be treated in a manner that rewards them with this nation's best, based solely on their perceived level of suffering and need. What about the rest of the globe's inhabitants? I mean I realize that Mexico is closer than most, other than the Canadians, but how about needy of all the rest of the earth's nations? Should distance from America be such a shoo-in qualifier? That in and of itself is totally unfair to Koreans for example, who though much poorer than most Mexicans, don't have the option of just skipping across a border. Why should those from Mexico enjoy the full extent of our compassion? Should we not send a boat to Korea every so often to receive those folks?

The problem of unfettered immigration by any people of the world, is exactly the same by nature and scope as the problem we unleashed on ourselves with regard to our out of control welfare programs. LBJ 'imagined', or at the very least bought into, a society where no one was in want. (My name for the concept is "no slug left behind") In quintessential irony, scarcely over three years earlier his boss, JFK, called all Americans to "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country". A 180 degree change of direction at the most fundamental social and cultural level had occurred in less than 4 years, incredible. At any rate, the inevitable problem with the Great Society, was that there was to be no way to ever draw the line. How do we take care of this one, when that one has an equally tear jerking sob story to tell? And BTW, don't those bleeding hearts out there just love a sad story? As in the case of taxpayer funded (and later extorted) hand outs, neither will there ever be a way to draw the line with immigration. Those two runaways will likely be the only examples of a self perpetuating engine to ever be achieved by mankind.

Obviously, the guarantee of cradle to grave hand outs has managed only to exacerbate the problems of the poor. The usage of foodstamps has gone from 365 thousand on the day LBJ put America's feet on the path to 'buy' the problems of the poor, to 50 million in our day. Additionally, the out of wedlock birthrate exploded from the low single digits of the mid 60's, to today's staggering rate of 42%. "The Great Society", is near to collapse under it's own weight and now we see liberals are demanding we do the same for foreigners.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]