Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood Tigers 2014
The Tigers finished 2013 with what is a disappointing set of results for the program. The Tigers finished at 8-5 and one round shy of the semi finals. They return 42 players from last years roster. This includes their qb. This is the same qb that attempted to play after breaking his leg, which shows a lot of heart. Most of Beechwood's talent from 2013 will be back this year. The Tigers will be led by 21 seniors this year. The Tigers will continue with their tough out of class regular season schedule, which will prepare them for post season play. Don't forget that the Tigers will have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs this year.

The question for the Tigers is now two fold this year:
First has their new offense come along far enough to get them past the defensively south Panthers in the quarter finals?
Second, can that same offense get past the usually high powered offense of the Mayfield Cardinals?

The up side to these questions are, if they can achieve both of those positive results, they should be the favorite going in to BG. I feel that with the losses that Frankfort and Mayfield have taken this year, the gap between these 3 teams is as close as it have ever been.
Beechwood needs to get past their Boogie man, Mayfield. The cardinals probably haunt their dreams.
Beechwood's defense is where I have noticed a drop, that and a lack of balance in the offense. I think they are in a turning point year though. I think this is the year that they turn the corner offensively.
Beechwood has all the pieces to win it all but they have not been the beechwood of old but failed to make it to the state semis for the first time in a long time.. But Frankfort finally closed the gap but a good thing for beechwood is Frankfort will have to take down a beechwood team at home and if are successful then they shall have a chance to host the state semis and a chance at possibly Mayfield in the wood.
We really like playing on that turf. We are undefeated there. We have talked about making that our new home stadium. We would have to borrow some of those personal jets from the KCD parents in order to make it work though. That 5 hour drive is rough.
This could be the year. Think about how danville has had may fields number. We are 1-9 against them, but I would imagine if we would have played them the last few years the tide would have turned. We are definitely due a loss to beechwood. This looks to be there last shot for a long time.
I would not be surprised to see a team the calibre of the wood try to get us on their schedule even after we are 2a. They do not shy away from tough teams.
I agree, but they could surely find a closer quality team. It would be a good idea if someone half way in between had them there to play in a bowl game, I'm sure it would sell tickets.
Packed house. Both programs travel well.
The west has 3 great teams this year. My money is on Mayfield but that is not because of lack of respect for the other two. Mayfield is just that good.
Beechwood has not gotten the respect they deserve for the past 5 years. They are very very tough. It makes for a great game and we have a lot of respect for them. Let's not forget in 95 we barely beat them by 1 point. In 2002 we had one out greatest teams and only won by one touchdown. In 2011 they really banged us up at War Memorial and we only beat them by 5 points.
You can count on Beechwood to be well coached, play hard and to get after you.
That and they always have a bulldozer back that plays linebacker as well and at least one receiver that is over 6' tall.
mysonis55 Wrote:Beechwood has not gotten the respect they deserve for the past 5 years. They are very very tough. It makes for a great game and we have a lot of respect for them. Let's not forget in 95 we barely beat them by 1 point. In 2002 we had one out greatest teams and only won by one touchdown. In 2011 they really banged us up at War Memorial and we only beat them by 5 points.

As for the bold. Beechwood went for two and try for the win. Because they were tired out. From someone close to the team, said the coach knew they couldn't stop Mayfield off. in OT.

Either way two great Schools. Alots of great history between the two and mad respect for both!

Look luck too both in 2014!
I'm glad you shared that. I could not figure why they felt like going for two. It was a great game. The first 2 meetings and the one in 2011 were great games.