Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Faith: 21 Percent Say Religion 'Not That Important'
One in five Americans say religion does not play an important role in their lives, a new NBC/WSJ journal poll shows – the highest percentage since the poll began asking participants about their focus on faith in 1997.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics...ant-n51256

First off.... People that are Saved through and by the Blood of Jesus shouldn't call themselfs "religious". They should say "they have Salvation.
Because their is a difference. Religion causes people to fly planes in to buildings.

Now on to my thought for this thread.........
All these storms, earthquakes, floods, "fairness" rallies, violence in our towns..... are a direct effect of our Nation turning from God.

Say what you want and believe what you want...... But The Bible tells us what will happen (and what has already happened to Nations) that turn from God.

Isaiah ch. 60 (KJV)
12 - For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, [those] nations shall be utterly wasted.

Psalms ch. 9 (KJV)
17 - The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God.

Now I know some people will say... "I thought God was loving" or "How can God let these terrible events take place if He has the power to stop them"

And yes, I know some people don't believe in God, Jesus or The Bible.... and there's nothing I can do about that. That's in God's hands. But what I can do is tell you what The Bible says.... and you can decide for yourself from there.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Now on to my thought for this thread.........
All these storms, earthquakes, floods, "fairness" rallies, violence in our towns..... are a direct effect of our Nation turning from God.

I'm not going to get into a religious debate here, but don't you think storms, earthquakes, floods, rallies, and violence have been around since the beginning of not only this nation's history, but all of history?

Not trying to ruffle any feathers by saying that, just saying violence, natural disasters, etc. have always been around
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not going to get into a religious debate here, but don't you think storms, earthquakes, floods, rallies, and violence have been around since the beginning of not only this nation's history, but all of history?

Not trying to ruffle any feathers by saying that, just saying violence, natural disasters, etc. have always been around

Yes. They all have. And there's a reason.... when Adam and Eve fell in the Garden of Eden, every person born from there on down and until time is no more is born a sinner. It's in the heart of man to do evil. That's why Jesus came and died for us.
Those Nations that keep God... not a made up god or a false idol... but The God first have prospered.

Let's look at the best know flood in history.... Noah's Ark.
Genesis ch. 6, ch. 7 & ch. 8 (KJV) is the story of the flood that destroyed the earth.

Let's look at the history of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Genesis ch. 19 (KJV) this city was destroyed by God for their open, well known and perverted homosexual lifestyle.

Let's look at the history of Moses leading the children of Israel our of Egypt.
Exodus ch. 3, ch. 4, ch. 5, ch. 6, ch. 7, ch. 8, ch. 9, ch. 10, ch. 11, ch. 12, ch. 13, ch. 14 & ch. 15 (KJV)
Plagues, death and the destruction of the Egyptian army.

These three examples were revealed to me as I was reading your post.... it's like God just popped them in to my head.
^ Alfus21, All those things you mention have certainly been around as long as man has been here on this earth. Hence, the words of the wisest man of all time;
KING SOLOMON---
Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 (KJV)
9 "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us."

So, IMO you are 100% right to say these things have always been with us. In fact, there is nothing new under the sun.

I think the idea here, is that man's troubles across the board, will be increased greatly as the end gets nearer and nearer. Frankly, when one takes into consideration what goes on each day across the globe, that scenario doesn't seem all that far off. From riots in the streets of Greece because of a crashing economy, to the Russian military takeover in the Ukraine. Folks are up in arms. Add to that the continual writhing from within the Arab World. The stand off going on right now in the South China Sea between Japan and China. Folks in the Eurozone are biting off their fingernails worrying about the faltering Euro and NATO treaties that may soon have to be honored, (that's one of the places we come into the picture). Then you have the North Korea-Iran alliance. And just in the last few days, Putin announced his intentions to start refueling his long range bombers in Cuba. Then of course there is Venezuela, where things are more than bad. And, that's just hitting some of the high spots.

Luke 21:25-26 (KJV)
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

In short, "the sea and the waves are roaring," (that is a symbolic reference to the nations of the peoples of the whole planet). And the answers about how to deal with these problems have already begun to elude even the brightest among us. God has said that the world will descend into chaos and that one man will rise up (Anti-Christ) who will seem to have all the answers. Once he has seized enough power, he will plunge the entire world into war. That hasn't happened yet but, it is certainly coming. What Pulp Fiction is trying to do, is open folks eyes to what's coming. That's important because even though these problems are manifesting themselves in the practical world, their roots are in the spiritual world. Therefore, the meaningful remedies are spiritual in nature. Now, I'd get laughed off the stage if I suggested that at the G8 but, it is none the less pure truth. Men's hearts will fail them, as world events worsen and they will get much worse.

It was inevitable (as discussed at length in the prophetic texts) that man would gain enough wisdom and power to destroy himself and, that is due to his basic depravity as called out by God Himself in Genesis, when Adam and Eve first sinned against God. By one man, Adam, sin entered the world, and by one man' Jesus, man escapes the penalty of sin. So, though all who choose, through repentance, to accept God will be rewarded by life with Him forever, the fate of our poor planet is none the less, a done deal. Due to the basic nature of man, there are no answers, or world solutions, apart from individual salvation. Man will not solve the problems of food shortages, disease, the poor, or war. Just as the Ark once delivered a 'remnant' out of the certain destruction in the form of the great flood, a relative 'few' will escape the coming world wide tribulation.

IMHO, he (PF) won't have to wait very much longer to be proved right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- 28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order. A plurality of Romney voters (38%) believe in the New World Order compared to 35% who don’t