•  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Teague has been an excellent coach at Somerset. He put in more time than any other coach. He sets a great example for the kids. I would gladly let my son play for him. I have heard many kids at Somerset say he is a great teacher also. Records don't always reflect what type of coach you are. Look up Coach Lucas head coach record before he took over in Somerset. I think Teague would be a great choice. I think Haddix is a good choice also. Good luck to whoever gets it.

I agree Teague would be a Great Choice. I watched him for 2 years and he Coached my Grand Son. He is one Great Coach and I've seen a few in my time. Corbin or anyone would be lucky to get him.
1. Tommy Reid
2. Justin Haddix
3. Clark Teague
JMO..
redstorm Wrote:M o u s e rid the man

:insane:
Just my opinion..
I believe haddix will get the job....I Think :popcorn:
redstorm Wrote:1. Tommy Reid
2. Justin Haddix
3. Clark Teague
JMO..

Heard today that these are the 3 who got the final interviews.
64SUR Wrote:Drinking leftover Kool-Aid from the Whitley county thread when they was looking for a new coach.....Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
SEKYFAN Wrote:No one from Corbin hating on him.

no Whitley fan here hating on him either.I'm sure he is a fine man.I just don't get the hype with him.
insideinfo Wrote:Something you don't understand. Best young coach in the state!!!!!!!:biglmao:

:dontthink
If someone from outside of Corbin gets it, there will be hell to pay from Corbin people when the first loss happens and first problem that comes up.
I think Teague gets it. I think he spent time at Corbin. His record at Adair is of no issue, Great coach, teacher and even better person.
More I think about this Haddix will be the coach. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:More I think about this Haddix will be the coach. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I can't see them hiring Haddix over Duncum. Duncum has more experience. If Duncum is indeed out then Haddix is out as well. IMO Haddix has no clue about Corbin or the tradition and community. I think it will be Reid or Teague. Both of those guys have ties to Corbin and are also outsiders that will bring excitement. They should understand what it will take to win at Corbin.
Haddix has won a title as a player, and was the head assistant at Breathitt when they played in title game against Louisville central..... You guys have lost your mind if you are talkin about experience... Facts are facts, let the resumes speak for theirselves.... He knows the game as good as any coach in the state.. Ask Holcomb, Haywood, Larky, Hilton, and Niel Brown... I hope Corbin gets him.. Obviously, you guys on here think someone from eastern Ky can't coach an eastern ky team.. Jus because, he isn't from London and Corbin area doesn't mean he can't fit.. He is a motivator, bring excitement, and loves the game and his kids equally.. Do a lil research if ya wanna, if not don't put down his accomplishments as a Head coach and Assistant coach...
oldhound70s Wrote:Dudley: I can't see Corbin talking with Dudley or coming up with the money. I'm sure it will also require a teaching position.

B Jackson: I just don't think he wants the hassle in his life. Great person and good coach but not the right person for the job.

Greg Duncum: Likeable guy but not who Corbin wants representing the program.

Tommy Reid: I dont know much about him but I've heard nothing but good things about him. I heard he lives in Corbin next the high school and it would be hard not to give a former college coach a strong look if he wants it. I'm not sure he would want it though.

Mike Jackson: Heck of a good guy and former Redhound. I am not so sure he would want the job though. He is pretty settled in Louisville from what I hea

Haddix: I've heard good things about him. Would he want it?

Frazier: Anybody know anything about him? How successful has he been?

Mike Holcomb: What about him?

Clark Teague: What about him?

What about Jody Mouser? I am hearing his name.

Your're on words Oldhounds70

Clark Teague...What about him
Tommy Reid....I don't know much about him etc...
Jason Haddix...I've heard good things about him...Would he want it.

I think he wants it Haddix or he wouldn't had never apply. :Cheerlead
bcpc Wrote:Haddix has won a title as a player, and was the head assistant at Breathitt when they played in title game against Louisville central..... You guys have lost your mind if you are talkin about experience... Facts are facts, let the resumes speak for theirselves.... He knows the game as good as any coach in the state.. Ask Holcomb, Haywood, Larky, Hilton, and Niel Brown... I hope Corbin gets him.. Obviously, you guys on here think someone from eastern Ky can't coach an eastern ky team.. Jus because, he isn't from London and Corbin area doesn't mean he can't fit.. He is a motivator, bring excitement, and loves the game and his kids equally.. Do a lil research if ya wanna, if not don't put down his accomplishments as a Head coach and Assistant coach...

I'm not putting down his accomplishments at all. I'm only stating that Duncum appears to have more experience both in coaching and at Corbin.
64SUR Wrote:Your're on words Oldhounds70

Okay, just look at Duncum's experience and Haddix's experience. They both played college and were very successful. They both won State Championships as a player. They both have taken over bad programs and shown improvement. Duncum has more coaching experience and is a Redhound. I'm not knocking Haddix other than stating, why bring him in versus Duncum? Only reason would be what I posted earlier. Maybe Duncum is not what Corbin wants leading the program. If that's true then why would they want Haddix? I think they are both great guys.
64SUR Wrote:Your're on words Oldhounds70

I'm not so sure he has even applied other than the speculation on this thread. I still think it will be shocker.
oldhound70s Wrote:I can't see them hiring Haddix over Duncum. Duncum has more experience. If Duncum is indeed out then Haddix is out as well. IMO Haddix has no clue about Corbin or the tradition and community. I think it will be Reid or Teague. Both of those guys have ties to Corbin and are also outsiders that will bring excitement. They should understand what it will take to win at Corbin.

well he probably wasn't even born the last time Corbin won a state championship, but I bet he can tell you about the last time they played in the championship game in 2002, Breathitt 53-0 (HADDIX was the qb). That made Breathitt 3 state championships since 1995, and you talk about him not having a clue about tradition.:trolldad:
This is based solely off of what I heard but I was told Duncum and Mouser have both been eliminated and that the final round two interviews were late last week (Thursday or Friday). Those 3 were presumed to be Haddix, Teague, and Reid. I was also told that a coach was picked and an announcement will be made early next week which could possibly mean tomorrow.

I was also told that it was down to Reid and another coach from a big time out of state program. Maybe he was one of the 3 call back interviews instead of one of the 3 mentioned above. I do not think it is Mickey Wilson from Myrtle Beach though.
oldhound70s Wrote:Okay, just look at Duncum's experience and Haddix's experience. They both played college and were very successful. They both won State Championships as a player. They both have taken over bad programs and shown improvement. Duncum has more coaching experience and is a Redhound. I'm not knocking Haddix other than stating, why bring him in versus Duncum? Only reason would be what I posted earlier. Maybe Duncum is not what Corbin wants leading the program. If that's true then why would they want Haddix? I think they are both great guys.

Oldhounds70s I'm not wanting to argue with you..I like Duncum he should be a head coach somewhere for sure.But he didn't't make the top 3. I still believe Corbin is looking for that new Generation Coach and Haddix has play in this generations at the highschool level and D1 level. :truestory:
HAROLD Wrote:This is based solely off of what I heard but I was told Duncum and Mouser have both been eliminated and that the final round two interviews were late last week (Thursday or Friday). Those 3 were presumed to be Haddix, Teague, and Reid. I was also told that a coach was picked and an announcement will be made early next week which could possibly mean tomorrow.

I was also told that it was down to Reid and another coach from a big time out of state program. Maybe he was one of the 3 call back interviews instead of one of the 3 mentioned above. I do not think it is Mickey Wilson from Myrtle Beach though.

Who did they pick HAROLD :blonded:
I wish I could say. In fact, I wish that I knew who it was. If Reid, Teague, and Haddix were truly the 3 who got repeat interview, my guess is that Tommy Reid will be the man wearing Red next season. I have no inside knowledge as I no longer live in town but I feel confident that he's the favorite (likely heavy favorite) of the 3.

On the other side, if it's down to Reid and the out of state power school coach like I was also told, it could be very very interesting. Either way, I feel we will hear something sooner, rather than later.
I'm still guessing they are going to hire 2 of the names that are being thrown around, one as an assistant.
I think any of the 3 is a great choice. Most schools would like to have this problem in choosing a coach.
Is today the day?
tick-tock tick-tock :popcorn:
Could the waiting be a sign of differences of opinion from committee members on the best route to go??? There are some strong personalities involved.:argue:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Could the waiting be a sign of differences of opinion from committee members on the best route to go??? There are some strong personalities involved.:argue:

I had a guy to tell me yesterday copley...I told him he was crazy. Hell i may be crazy. Confusedmoke:
I heard that SEKYFAN, but I'm so removed from that area, I didn't want to post it! LOL

I am; however, anxious to hear a decision.
  •  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next