•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
[quote=SEKYFAN]Maybe they are waiting until spring practice is over, especially if it is not an inside hire.[/QUOTE

Maybe, in which case we would still know that someone currently helping with Spring practice is at least a candidate.
You might be right.... Probably is an inside hire.... Still tho, one would think there would be some leakage of info... Maybe the outside coaches such as HAddix weren't really interested, or they weren't interested in him... Politics at its finest on either instance, Perry I'm sure would do anything they could to keep him anyways.... Heard in another thread that JP Chapman wanted out of Pike Central. His name hadn't been mentioned on here. Great coach, jus not a pple person. I'm still thinking that Corbin wants a Homerun hire and not a Homer. They are a school with lots of Football tradition and shouldn't settle for someone that will take its program back where it belongs. Among the best in its class.....
Anyone know who is being interviewed ?
former Hazard coach Mo Dixon who is coaching in South Carolina had inquired about the job.:popcorn:
cherokee Wrote:former Hazard coach Mo Dixon who is coaching in South Carolina had inquired about the job.:popcorn:

He would be absolutely insane to leave Byrnes for Corbin.
If Coach Dixon is an option, they should definitely throw money at him. He's the real deal and knows his stuff.. Defensive GURU...
Don't know what school he coaches at down there, or even if he is a head coach just know he contacted Corbin with interest
cherokee Wrote:Don't know what school he coaches at down there, or even if he is a head coach just know he contacted Corbin with interest

He is the DC at Byrnes High School which is one of the best programs in the country.
cherokee Wrote:former Hazard coach Mo Dixon who is coaching in South Carolina had inquired about the job.:popcorn:

Dang I had forgotten about Mo Dixon. Good coach. :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
To be honest, I'm scared to death about this hire. This isn't the Corbin of old. I'm all for academics but they put too much emphasis on the classroom and not enough on sports anymore. If it were 1985, do you think they'd hem haw around like this? They'd have every industry in town, every booster across the country, and such throwing money together. Corbin needs to get back to the old days.
HAROLD Wrote:To be honest, I'm scared to death about this hire. This isn't the Corbin of old. I'm all for academics but they put too much emphasis on the classroom and not enough on sports anymore. If it were 1985, do you think they'd hem haw around like this? They'd have every industry in town, every booster across the country, and such throwing money together. Corbin needs to get back to the old days.

They don't want anyone from outside the school system to have any influence. Some see this as a good thing while others see it as bad.

One of the biggest boosters recently told me that when he asked if there was anything that he could do to help with the football program, was told that they would contact him if they needed any help. This was several years ago and they have not contacted him once since.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They don't want anyone from outside the school system to have any influence. Some see this as a good thing while others see it as bad.

One of the biggest boosters recently told me that when he asked if there was anything that he could do to help with the football program, was told that they would contact him if they needed any help. This was several years ago and they have not contacted him once since.

1982 was a long time ago, the football program has become very introverted and that has not been working well. The loss of business men and businesses that could and would extend job opportunity's for family's to bring in talent have been looked on as a liability instead of a resource. The greed and wanting to gain heroics for family members and friends have over shadowed the real purpose of the word team. The success of football headlines have been replace with PINK jokes, and none district 3a titles.
redstorm Wrote:Guys be man enough to say names!! My josh we can all say " they contacted" " He showed interest" who is they and he?
I will give you names of candidates: ( Not saying that they all applied)

1. Michael Copley
2. Justin Haddix
3. Greg Duncum
4. Jody Mouser
5. Randy Frazier
6. Tommy Reid
7. Chris Larkey
8. Jim Black
9. Clark Teague
Do I need to list more?

No #2
no #3
no #4
no #6

I like no #2
64SUR Wrote:No #2
no #3
no #4
no #6

I like no #2

Sooooo. Those were the 4 that interviewed? :oooo:
bcpc Wrote:Sooooo. Those were the 4 that interviewed? :oooo:

Guessing I do that a lot. bcpc :Cheerlead
I honestly believe the Corbin job is a dead ringer for JIM BLACK he is one of the best coaches in the state, Jim was never the problem at Whitley. Whitley has never had the infra structer no other team. or town can come close to Corbin. I don't think he will be offered the job But it would be awesome Coaches already in place, Corbin you will miss the best you you can find.
That is if Brent Jackson turned it down or didn't want it.
topnotch Wrote:I honestly believe the Corbin job is a dead ringer for JIM BLACK he is one of the best coaches in the state, Jim was never the problem at Whitley. Whitley has never had the infra structer no other team. or town can come close to Corbin. I don't think he will be offered the job But it would be awesome Coaches already in place, Corbin you will miss the best you you can find.

you smoking crack or what?
64SUR Wrote:No #2
no #3
no #4
no #6

I like no #2

If true there is only one choice that is Haddix, high school winner, college winner, coach winner, for some reason I believe 64 knows something he is not telling?
I am certainly not against Haddix but I can't say the name excites me as of right now for this job. There is no denying that he's been a great player but being a winner while as a player is only part of the battle. There's no doubt that he has a lot of upside but I would rather him have more experience before making such an important hire.

I know PCC isn't the LSU of Eastern KY, but for Commodore Standards, particularly his second season, he's done very well. I know talent doesn't flow continuously in EKY so you have to make due with what you have and that's exactly what he's done. I wish him the best, I just would rather him show he can do a bit more before getting the Corbin job. Of course, he may get the job and do well (which I think he would). I'm just wanting them to make a sure hire instead of taking a risk at the current time. This is a crucial time for the Hounds.
Harold, let me ask you this.
With the list above, who is a sure hire?
No one..
Hire one and hope that he puts together a great staff..
There are several great football coaches in the Corbin area.
1. Cotton Adams
2. Tommy Faulkner
3. and several of the assistants on staff.
redstorm Wrote:Harold, let me ask you this.
With the list above, who is a sure hire?
No one..
Hire one and hope that he puts together a great staff..
There are several great football coaches in the Corbin area.
1. Cotton Adams
2. Tommy Faulkner
3. and several of the assistants on staff.

You ask a valid question.

I wonder if Mouser and Duncum will continue as asst. coaches if they do not get the head coaching job.
Redstorm, you have never been a fan of Haddix through my research and following of your posts... Must be a personal issue. Anyways, no need to explain, guess you have your reasons. I will say this, I hope he continues to make you eat your words if he is selected.. If not, I hope he continues to make you eat your words when he leads PCC in your area or has Breathitt in the past. I hope they select the best man for the job wether he gets it or not, but you make it sound like you aren't happy with any unless the can get someone proven like Hilton, Lane Kiffin, or Urban Meyer... They simply aren't coming because the money isn't involved... Whoever gets the head job will bring in the best assistants he possibly can.. Wether it's Reid, Duncum, Haddix, Hilton, Kiffin, or Meyer.. It is what it is, my point is. You are writing them off before they get started....
SEKYFAN Wrote:You ask a valid question.

I wonder if Mouser and Duncum will continue as asst. coaches if they do not get the head coaching job.

Will not matter b/c Mouser is getting the job.
Mouser
bcpc Wrote:I'm guessing. They will name a coach by Friday. This has been a long process, and I'm sure they had already decided before any interview.

The coach will be named soon, possibly Friday, more likely the first of next week.

I hear they are waiting until the Times has the time to cover the story, so may have to wait until South and North Laurel get rained out.:biglmao:
SEKYFAN Wrote:The coach will be named soon, possibly Friday, more likely the first of next week.
I hear they are waiting until the Times has the time to cover the story, so may have to wait until South and North Laurel get rained out.:biglmao:

True Statement !!!!!! ,,
bcpc Wrote:Redstorm, you have never been a fan of Haddix through my research and following of your posts... Must be a personal issue. Anyways, no need to explain, guess you have your reasons. I will say this, I hope he continues to make you eat your words if he is selected.. If not, I hope he continues to make you eat your words when he leads PCC in your area or has Breathitt in the past. I hope they select the best man for the job wether he gets it or not, but you make it sound like you aren't happy with any unless the can get someone proven like Hilton, Lane Kiffin, or Urban Meyer... They simply aren't coming because the money isn't involved... Whoever gets the head job will bring in the best assistants he possibly can.. Wether it's Reid, Duncum, Haddix, Hilton, Kiffin, or Meyer.. It is what it is, my point is. You are writing them off before they get started....
Your completely wrong about ghe way I feel about Haddix. I believe he is ghe up and coming young coach in the state
Wow, all of the talk about a big hire that is supposed to bring Corbin back to some alleged position of glory and they really are going to hire in house????:lmao:
I hear Coach Farris was back at practice yesterday.
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next