•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
I keep hearing about a Coach from Texas, last name Gaines???

Also some Coach named O'Houlihan?? Nickname Patches I think. Suppose to be a little older Coach but 1 heck of a motivator. Coached mulitple sports in the past.

Coach Danny O'shea also called and inquired but found out his famous Offense including the play Annexation of Puerto rico is not legal in Ky. So he took his name out of the running.
When is Corbin's Spring Ball Starting? Do they want a coach by then?
TopCat Wrote:I keep hearing about a Coach from Texas, last name Gaines???

Also some Coach named O'Houlihan?? Nickname Patches I think. Suppose to be a little older Coach but 1 heck of a motivator. Coached mulitple sports in the past.

Coach Danny O'shea also called and inquired but found out his famous Offense including the play Annexation of Puerto rico is not legal in Ky. So he took his name out of the running.

Patches would have been the way to go but unforunately he passed on after an accident while coaching a tournament a few years ago.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Patches would have been the way to go but unforunately he passed on after an accident while coaching a tournament a few years ago.

:Thumbs:
TopCat Wrote:I keep hearing about a Coach from Texas, last name Gaines???

Those are some of the best choices.
At least 1 and maybe 2 coaches from teams on the schedule next year have talked to them.
I give up, Corbin has one of best coaches in KY. Coach Jackson (BRENT ) is far and away better than any coach that I have seen mentioned on this thread. He is a proven winner.
topnotch Wrote:I give up, Corbin has one of best coaches in KY. Coach Jackson (BRENT ) is far and away better than any coach that I have seen mentioned on this thread. He is a proven winner.

What's his High School coaching record?
He is not interested!
Hasn't applied for job.
But I do agree with you . A class act!!!
Would be great hire , but a family guy and doesn't want to be away from the family.
Well is it 1 or 2 from the schedule??? U guys need to quit believing what u hear at Dairy Queen in the mornings. As someone said before a few coaches have inquired, might I add most of those coaches inquire a bout nearly every DECENT job in ky. But in reality few have applied.

IMO Corbin is headed down the same road of folly that Whitley did. They went fishing for a monster and let a dandy get off right at home. Gibbs at Whitley and now Mouser at Corbin.
TrueDawg Wrote:Well is it 1 or 2 from the schedule??? U guys need to quit believing what u hear at Dairy Queen in the mornings. As someone said before a few coaches have inquired, might I add most of those coaches inquire a bout nearly every DECENT job in ky. But in reality few have applied.

IMO Corbin is headed down the same road of folly that Whitley did. They went fishing for a monster and let a dandy get off right at home. Gibbs at Whitley and now Mouser at Corbin.

where did mouser play high school and details?
where did he play college and details?
coaching experience and details?
sorry his resume will not be strong enough for Corbin to gamble on.
1/4bak Wrote:where did mouser play high school and details?
where did he play college and details?
coaching experience and details?
sorry his resume will not be strong enough for Corbin to gamble on.

Went to Corbin. Played for Corbin that is enough for them.
TrueDawg Wrote:Well is it 1 or 2 from the schedule??? U guys need to quit believing what u hear at Dairy Queen in the mornings. As someone said before a few coaches have inquired, might I add most of those coaches inquire a bout nearly every DECENT job in ky. But in reality few have applied.

Mouser is a good guy but he's definately not the right hire at this point. Corbin needs to break away from any inside connections to Jewell or Farris. He would make a good coordinator for a new coach though.
topnotch Wrote:I give up, Corbin has one of best coaches in KY. Coach Jackson (BRENT ) is far and away better than any coach that I have seen mentioned on this thread. He is a proven winner.

Great person and very successful in Middle school but does he have any high school experience?
I don't think Corbin is going t get an out of this world hire, but I think they'll get a good one.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't think Corbin is going t get an out of this world hire, but I think they'll get a good one.

I totally agree with you Gut. He'll be a good hire but not a huge name. Some may be shocked but that's just my opinion. The big thing taking place is a change in coaching. There is already excitement in town and kids are coming back out for football. Corbin will find the right person but they need to take their time and get it right.
I just hope the new coach can manage to schedule Whitley, Knox Central, and Somerset every year.
^
Agreed.
The idea of Mouser being hired is like when Pietrowski was hired to coach basketball. Obviously, Jody isn't young as Tony was when hired but the experience is lacking with them based on the talent they would be inheriting. There is no doubt that Jody would become a great coach, just as Tony has but you don't want to waste the potential of not just good, but great seasons with boatloads of talent while a coach cuts his teeth. It very well could work out but being a head coach is tough at a program like Corbin. Tony experienced it first hand and Jody likely would too.

Now he very well may hit the gates like a bolt of lightning and if hired, I hope he would. It just seems like it would be a very big risk at the present state of the Corbin program. I'm not against Jody and will support him 100% if hired, I just personally feel the timing may not be right. He's a great guy and I just want what's best for him. I think being the next hire would be better than being the current hire.

He's not better than Patches O'Hullihan IMOP.

Me might be. He might not be. What makes him one of the best? I'm not doubting that he is a good middle school coach but one of the best in KY??? Not so sure about that. Maybe he will get it and he can cut his teeth on the Bell's, Wayne's and Central's. He better do it in his first year there however because after than he better be a dang good coach because the talent level will be down after that for a few years. Corbin's fans have a itchy trigger finger and will be calling for his head in year 2. This will be the story for whoever they hire.

Here's another interesting thing that I see. I see where another poster put that the kids are coming back out. Who are these mysterious kids that will put them over the top? I know that a few kids have left and went here and there but come on other than depth they haven't lost anyone who was a back breaker. The facts are that Corbin isn't getting all the kids from Knox, Whitley and Laurel like they used to. They used to be the monopoly in the area. They aren't taking the cream of the crop from every school like they used to.
The Outsider Wrote:At least 1 and maybe 2 coaches from teams on the schedule next year have talked to them.

Could they just be peaking behind the curtain a little? Corbin's schedule is full of good coaches , but as an outsider I' m not sure there is one on there that Corbin fans would think is a good hire other than Larry French.
johnnyd Wrote:Me might be. He might not be. What makes him one of the best? I'm not doubting that he is a good middle school coach but one of the best in KY??? Not so sure about that. Maybe he will get it and he can cut his teeth on the Bell's, Wayne's and Central's. He better do it in his first year there however because after than he better be a dang good coach because the talent level will be down after that for a few years. Corbin's fans have a itchy trigger finger and will be calling for his head in year 2. This will be the story for whoever they hire.

Here's another interesting thing that I see. I see where another poster put that the kids are coming back out. Who are these mysterious kids that will put them over the top? I know that a few kids have left and went here and there but come on other than depth they haven't lost anyone who was a back breaker. The facts are that Corbin isn't getting all the kids from Knox, Whitley and Laurel like they used to. They used to be the monopoly in the area. They aren't taking the cream of the crop from every school like they used to.

Nowhere in my post did I mention the kids coming back out will put Corbin over the top. The point I'm making is simply the fact that there's excitement around football again and kids who gave it up are interested again. I agree that none of them will make Corbin a contender right off the bat. Corbin didn't take kids from other programs....other programs lost kids to Corbin. Fix your program and you won't lose kids. The door swings both ways. Other local schools are much better now and Corbin doesn't have kids transferring in like they use to. Actually Corbin has had kids leaving because of the football environment. Again, that door swings both ways. Some of you haters will whine about Corbin's success and say they stole kids but that's your fault you lost kids. Just like its our fault we are losing kids now.
HAROLD Wrote:The idea of Mouser being hired is like when Pietrowski was hired to coach basketball. Obviously, Jody isn't young as Tony was when hired but the experience is lacking with them based on the talent they would be inheriting. There is no doubt that Jody would become a great coach, just as Tony has but you don't want to waste the potential of not just good, but great seasons with boatloads of talent while a coach cuts his teeth. It very well could work out but being a head coach is tough at a program like Corbin. Tony experienced it first hand and Jody likely would too.

Now he very well may hit the gates like a bolt of lightning and if hired, I hope he would. It just seems like it would be a very big risk at the present state of the Corbin program. I'm not against Jody and will support him 100% if hired, I just personally feel the timing may not be right. He's a great guy and I just want what's best for him. I think being the next hire would be better than being the current hire.

I agree with what you're saying for the most part. However, Tony was brought up in a successful and positive coaching environment. He took over for a coach that completely left the school system and their influence was gone. Jody has came up through a negative environment with coaches set in their way. He would be influenced way to much by his assistant principal and former boss. The timing just isn't right for him. Let him spend about five years with new leadership and he will be ready.
HAROLD Wrote:The idea of Mouser being hired is like when Pietrowski was hired to coach basketball. Obviously, Jody isn't young as Tony was when hired but the experience is lacking with them based on the talent they would be inheriting. There is no doubt that Jody would become a great coach, just as Tony has but you don't want to waste the potential of not just good, but great seasons with boatloads of talent while a coach cuts his teeth. It very well could work out but being a head coach is tough at a program like Corbin. Tony experienced it first hand and Jody likely would too.

Tony Pietrowsky played college ball at LSU, Tennessee, and Cumberland, he was exposed to some very good coaches at those schools...Jody Mouser does not have the pedigree and has not been exposed to anything near what Tony had when Corbin hired him...Tony had two quality assistant coaches J Mac and Brent West (who was very successful at Wburg)...I just don't see anybody on the present football staff that can coach like that bunch IMO...
There is a Coach out there somewhere that can get Corbin football back, don't settle...JMO

:biglmao:

If youre going to troll, at least check your facts.
I never knew Whitley hired Gibbs or even wanted to....
When are interviews?
Paul Crewe Wrote:When are interviews?

Next week. Here's the breakdown, sorry I better not give any names.

1. 2 current asst coaches at corbin
2. 3 current ky high school head coaches
3. 1 asst at another school
4. 2 others that either dont coach high school or not in ky
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next