•  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
This thread will end soon. Moving back over to the Williamsburg thread...GO Hounds. Man that sound good. :bike: :bike::bike:
It really sucks that Union was so incompetent to not realize Reid lacked certification. This man is the perfect fit for Corbin and would have taken them back to the Corbin of old. I wish Corbin would give him the time to get certified and name an interim coach for the meantime. Tommy is the best man for the job.
How is it Unions fault? Is it not his certification?

So Haddix turned them down at the meeting in Hazard yesterday evening? Smart move on his part if so. Plan H now I suppose????
There will be an announcement tday, and a new thread will begin.... I hope it has the same amount of interest as this one did!! Go Hounds
TrueDawg Wrote:How is it Unions fault? Is it not his certification?

So Haddix turned them down at the meeting in Hazard yesterday evening? Smart move on his part if so. Plan H now I suppose????

He is a grown man, it's his job to know his certification level.

Told you Haddix was a no no.
He may not be out of the game yet? Some on here maybe posting old news esp from Pepsi sources haha. He maybe the man?
Corbin.....dysfunction at its finest!
HAROLD Wrote:It really sucks that Union was so incompetent to not realize Reid lacked certification. This man is the perfect fit for Corbin and would have taken them back to the Corbin of old. I wish Corbin would give him the time to get certified and name an interim coach for the meantime. Tommy is the best man for the job.

Not Union's fault at all. Reid didn't need a teaching certificate to be the coach at Union and obviously they are not responsible for his finding employment after leaving Union. It was my understanding that Reid left Union to take a high school job in Georgia to begin with. May be where he ends up now that this has fallen through.
My cousin teaches at Corbin and she says that they are talking to a former central Kentucky coach from Pulaski county that taught science. He is one of the better coaches in Kentucky history.
#1 Haddix was offered the Job. #2 Corbin took too long to offer and it may have a bearing on the outcome. My Guess he will tell Corbin Today he is the MAN!!!!
The problem now is that Haddix was their second choice and it makes him mad. Should have called him and told him first. I do see a problem with the committee, with not checking what they should have with certificates before offering the job. Not handled well and put them in a bind.
Paul Crewe Wrote:The problem now is that Haddix was their second choice and it makes him mad. Should have called him and told him first. I do see a problem with the committee, with not checking what they should have with certificates before offering the job. Not handled well and put them in a bind.

Exactly. So think how the next guy on the list will feel when he gets offered the job, and then the next.....this could get ugly. Would not be shocked if they end up reopening the job search.
crazysprtgy Wrote:Default
My cousin teaches at Corbin and she says that they are talking to a former central Kentucky coach from Pulaski county that taught science. He is one of the better coaches in Kentucky history.

Dale Anderson would be an awesome choice for Corbin!
News is today that Corbin is dropping football because they cant find a coach.
johnnyd Wrote:Dale Anderson would be an awesome choice for Corbin!

Interesting choice to say the least.
crazysprtgy Wrote:Default

One of the better coaches in KY history? Dale Anderson? What is his record? Did he win any Titles? Districts? Regions? State?
By the time it's said and done. Duncum will end up the man!! Just watch and see!
I would say Haddix wasn't happy the way things went down, but he got results he wanted. Haddix got the news at the end of the day, now don't you think he wanted to meet with his team, the school personnel, family and friends before they announce anything.
johnnyd Wrote:Dale Anderson would be an awesome choice for Corbin!

I live in Pulaski and if you want Dale Anderson around your BOY, you are crazy. If Corbin is into that kind of thing then go get Dale Anderson before he goes to coach the Mean Machine.
former Wrote:I live in Pulaski and if you want Dale Anderson around your BOY, you are crazy. If Corbin is into that kind of thing then go get Dale Anderson before he goes to coach the Mean Machine.

I was curious as to whether anything from that situation had been settled legally or not. Was a huge story when it happened and always thought it was odd that everyone seemingly stopped talking about it all at once. What is the deal?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I was curious as to whether anything from that situation had been settled legally or not. Was a huge story when it happened and always thought it was odd that everyone seemingly stopped talking about it all at once. What is the deal?

Im not sure whats going to happen, but what he did wasnt good
Haddix is staying at Perry is what i was told
It shocks me, if he really wanted the job he would put his pride aside and go. I think Corbin needs someone that wants to be there more than anything else.
Paul Crewe Wrote:It shocks me, if he really wanted the job he would put his pride aside and go. I think Corbin needs someone that wants to be there more than anything else.

Easier said than done, in his mind (and in the mind of anyone in that situation) when you are the second choice for a job that means that whoever is doing the hiring has already made a conscious decision to say no to hiring you. When they then comeback and say well you were not our first choice but we are offering you the job it is very understandable that he may not want it. My first question would be why didn't you want to hire me in the first place? What about me as a candidate for the job caused you to look elsewhere? If those tough questions can't get answered then it can be a very awkward work environment for everyone involved.
:pondering: and the search goes on!!!!Confusederiously:
Could a guy like Randy Frazier come out the winner in all of this? Some of those names mentioned early on that we haven't heard much about the last couple weeks in this process may very well be back in play. Corbin having such a hard time getting someone in place makes this job less desirable by the day.
Wonder if Steve Jewell would be interested?
johnnyd Wrote:Wonder if Steve Jewell would be interested?

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
johnnyd Wrote:Wonder if Steve Jewell would be interested?

I was waiting on someone to say it!
Willard Farris is available.
  •  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next