Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your top 10 Sweet 16 moments?
I'm 25 years old, and have been to every State Tournament since I was 8 years old. So many memories, personally for me was the first time I walked into Rupp Arena to witness the State Tournament. Actual games, and moments would have to be Valley winning in 2010, and South Laurel winning in 2005, both teams where so much fun to watch play the game. Championship games in 2009, 2011, and 2013 where the best of the best, espcially 11'. Shawn Thacker who coaches Rowan County is a Floyd countain and an AC Alum so I was definitely rooting for Rowan, and to see Anthony Hickey play that whole week was something very special. Theres probably 1,000 more memories I could type on here, but those are the ones that stick out the most, Greatest Show In Hoops!
I believe it was 1979 when Paul Andrews of laurel County hits half court shot to beat North Hardin
Whitesburg making it to elite eight on a pair of free throws. Then we ran into Andre Woodson and North Hardin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Wayne County's run to the championship game in '89. The 2014 version of the Cards reminds me of the '89 boys quite a bit.
I've been to 4 Sweet Sixteens in my lifetime, and my favorite moment without a doubt was watching Shelby Valley journey to winning their state title! The next greatest moment for me is watching Elliot County the previous year with their seniors #1,#2,#3,#4, and #5 absolutely play their hearts out each game they played! Along with Timmy Knipp.