6:30: Barboursville vs Harlan City

8:00: Clay vs Whitley

Friday night: Semi-final games at 6:30 and 8:00

Saturday night: Finals
Corbin Whitley final
Bell and Whitley final
redstorm Wrote:Bell and Whitley final

I think you are right redstorm.
I look for a Bell and Whitley final. Good luck to the Lady Bobcats.
:Wave::bball: WOULD LIKE TO WISH THE BELL COUNTY LADY CATS THE BEST OF LUCK IN THE 13TH REGIONAL TOURNMENT!!! THIS IS YOUR YEAR. You all have worked hard and we all are very PROUD OF EACH OF YOU!!! NOW BRING THAT TITLE HOME ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!:Wave::bball::haters:
Monday games will be blowouts!!
This is exactly what I said I wanted in the other thread.
Whitley may have lost district, but they got the better draw.

Clay and Harlan will test Whitley, but I think Whitley get to the championship.

Im glad to see Corbin and Bell on the same side.
Worst possible draw for clay, getting Whitley. Good luck lady tigers
Harlan got the best draw, they should advance to the second round. I believe they also have the talent to possibly beat a Clay or Whitley Co.
^
Its very possible.
In this field, the only teams I don't see having a chance at all are Bville, Lynn Camp, and North Laurel.

Any of the other could surprise.
Didn't Barbourville beat Harlan a few weeks ago?
^
Harlan has fallen off a little.
At the same time, they beat somebody like HC, only to get slaughtered by Corbin more than once.

It depends on how the other team matches up with them.
Final 13th Region Rankings going into the region:

1. Bell County
2. Corbin
3. Whitley Co
4. Clay Co
5. Harlan
6. North Laurel
7. Lynn Camp
8. Barbourville
13th Region games cancelled Monday. Will resume same schedule starting Tuesday. Not sure of any other details as of now.
Good Luck to Burchell and the Lady Tigers-
Barbourville Starting 5 seniors they had big dreams this year, it has been a disappointment so far the question with them is can they make a run when it counts.
Bell They have the best player in the region in Morris the question is there supporting cast enough to win there first region championship.
Clay They have tradition and the best coach in the region, the question is can they get good enough guard play to win 3 tough games in a row.
Corbin Starting 4 seniors off last years regional championship team they have to be the favorite, the question with them is they got a really tough draw and
can the new coach pull the same strings Parsons pull last year.
Harlan One of the best coaches in the region lead what I think is some of the best young talent in the region. The Question with them is they may have that deer in headlights look in the first game but nobody will look forward to playing them. I look for this team to be one of the top teams in the region over the next few years.
Lynn Camp They have had a great year but they had dreams of a All A birth and a district championship. The question with them has there schedule hurt them when it's money time.
North Laurel After starting the season off real slow they came on at the end. The Question with them is the same as Lynn Camp schedule.
Whitley Having one of the top guards in the region and the best post player in the region make them one of the favorites starting tournament play,the question with them is can the new coach make the adjustment during the game to win there first region championship since there state championship team over 25years ago.
This has to be the most balance this region has ever had, good luck to all teams.
Whizzard is scared to even post anymore. His childish rants and conspiracy theorys have alienated him to the point of seclusion. If Whitley does not at least make the finals we will have a hot mess on here the night they lose.
Lilly Wrote:Whizzard is scared to even post anymore. His childish rants and conspiracy theorys have alienated him to the point of seclusion. If Whitley does not at least make the finals we will have a hot mess on here the night they lose.

Make us all happy....SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND STAY IN YOUR OWN REGION!!! I think your going to have your hands full with Mercer or Boyle Co. You better be praying now that Southwestern doesn't lose, because I may just turn into a STALKER LIKE YOU!!! :drooling:
The easiest road for a favorite is whitley. So much leadership. I believe they are the only team that can play well in both a fast paced game or in a half court game. Let's see if a new coach can get them over the hump.

The toughest road is Corbin. North will make them work just to then have to play Bell. If they make it through this draw they will be ready to play in the state tournament. They have the deepest group of guards and shoot the ball better than any other team in the region from 3. I'm a little biased. The Wilson's everyone knows but I think the key to this team is the Ashley girl. I love the scrappy gritty players. JMac has done a terrific job. I believe they are better right now than they were last year. I just worry some about if they have to adjust in game. I am also always concerned with teams who shoot the 3 a lot in the arena.

Bell has a good 1st round draw but has the team I think will give them the biggest challenge in the second round. With Morris though you typically have a go to player that can get you points when you have to and that is more important in games at the arena. The arena can slow you down with a big floor and sometimes some teams don't shoot well.

The most likely surprise to make noise is Harlan. The draw has made it very possible to get to a championship game this year. Good guard play always can make you dangerous. They have it in the fun to watch Brock and the heady Ledford.

If Clay can beat Whitley they should make it to the finals. They only have 4 players that can play dead but man they know how to win. They have learned it from Burchell who has done his best job coaching. It's one thing to win when you have the best players it's another when your average an your pg can go out if control at any point.

Barbourville I believe can win against Harlan but one game is the limit here. I hate that for a very fun group to watch.

North Laurel tries to play fast and shoot 3's. The problem is Corbin does it much better. I don't see an upset here and if they did Bell would kill them. With no seniors, only 1 Jr, and 3 8th graders that play a lot they will be back often. Expect a good future here but Corbin was the worst possible draw for this team, this year. I also worry about 8th graders playing well with the spot light on!

My predictions for 1st round games
corbin 15-20 points
Bell 20-25 points
Harlan 5-10 points
Whitley in a 4-9 point game.
Out of Whitleys losses this year, all of them have been single digits I believe, and most have been by under 5.
They need to close out games if they want a trip to the sweet 16.
I'm gonna take Clay in an upset over Whitley. Clay wins a barn burner by 1
I feel it all comes down to foul trouble for Maci Morris.... If she stays off the bench in the semi's and final, Bell rolls to Dibble... If she sits on the bench any length of time Corbin or Whiltley are deep enough to take advantage...
Whitley drew into the finals. They should roll until then.
If Clay can stay out of foul trouble.....and Roberts is hitting from the outside I think they will upset Whitley......Clay is playing their best ball right now. At the start of the year the majority of the offense was Cotton.....now it is more spread out and they have 4 girls who can get 20 on any given night. I will take Clay by 4
Whitley drew into the finals. They should roll until then.

Many fans and teams have thought they had drawn into the finals over the years. Many of those same fans and teams have left bitterly disappointed because they took a game for granted. When there is a big difference in talent, upsets occur because the better team was not ready to play or looking ahead to a game they would never get to play.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Make us all happy....SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND STAY IN YOUR OWN REGION!!! I think your going to have your hands full with Mercer or Boyle Co. You better be praying now that Southwestern doesn't lose, because I may just turn into a STALKER LIKE YOU!!! :drooling:

Whizzard this is a message board. I didn't know I had to post on a certain thread or region. Southwestern will be lucky to win our region. I have my money on a young Mercer County team. You can stalk me anytime you want. Lets hope that a choke session does not happen vs Clay. :biggrin:
They could be some upset in this region