• 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 63 - Perry 53
Westside Wrote:Ah boys...

:igiveup:
Westy we used to agree on everything.
No matter where Johnson goes he always gets taunted. Ballers, earlier you said you got in the moment and said Johnson sucks. He's 17 years old, that makes him a minor. Jealousy gets the best of people, and it's just a game in the end. Chapman ran his mouth on Johnson all game, the refs warned him multiple times. I've watched the video and that so called "vicious elbow" was a bump on the chest. It wasn't even an elbow. Johnson dunked on the kid earlier, tore him up a little bit. The kid made a terrible decision and hit Johnson while he wasn't looking. Johnson being the better person walked away. Then you can watch the kid literally mouth what he planned to do to Johnson. That's a threat that could lead to something bigger. Honestly, I wished Johnson wouldn't finish out this year and would leave the team. This isn't basketball anymore, when players go out and try to hurt other kids it's pitiful. Johnson's already got his scholarship and has a bright future at WKU, I don't want to see the kid get hurt. You guys need to grow up and quit living your lives through the kids. It's supposed to be fun.
the crossover Wrote:Baller really you read these post the way everyone feels about Cordia and RR there is absolutely no way he would have been granted that and when the ref were questioned about rule they still didn't honor the rule....... So you ask me why? I'm like you; man seriously.

Come on man. I know your saying this because RR is black and Mtn ppl don't like him or Cordia because their black. That's not the case.
Again wrong information Johnson did not dunk on Chapman that was the problem Chapman should and was not thus he was wide open easy dunk...... Rhodes fussed at Chapman. The warning were to both. Right, it was a terrible decision. I spoke with Chapman and he is very apologetic and has no plans to do anything to anyone..... And coming off the floor he said he don't want anyone to say anything to him with a few choice words added. And I think Johnson could not play his normal game of total dominance and he was a little frustrated now I agree Chapman was wrong but Johnson was no Angel he played tough and got his share of cheep shots in don't be blinded.

And playing these hard games will make him better and help prepare him for college play. BUT if you give it expect to get it...... I like tough games but the Refs have to have a solid consistent presents.
topnotch Wrote:Children are great wherever they come from and all children should have the opportunity to enjoy the sport they love. so long as they are of age, academic eligibility met. and not be getting restitution.

But at about the kids raised on Lotts Creek , do they have to look elsewhere to play on a team?
kentuckyfan Wrote:No matter where Johnson goes he always gets taunted. Ballers, earlier you said you got in the moment and said Johnson sucks. He's 17 years old, that makes him a minor. Jealousy gets the best of people, and it's just a game in the end. Chapman ran his mouth on Johnson all game, the refs warned him multiple times. I've watched the video and that so called "vicious elbow" was a bump on the chest. It wasn't even an elbow. Johnson dunked on the kid earlier, tore him up a little bit. The kid made a terrible decision and hit Johnson while he wasn't looking. Johnson being the better person walked away. Then you can watch the kid literally mouth what he planned to do to Johnson. That's a threat that could lead to something bigger. Honestly, I wished Johnson wouldn't finish out this year and would leave the team. This isn't basketball anymore, when players go out and try to hurt other kids it's pitiful. Johnson's already got his scholarship and has a bright future at WKU, I don't want to see the kid get hurt. You guys need to grow up and quit living your lives through the kids. It's supposed to be fun.

This has been referenced several times in this thread! If it is not against the rules of the board please tell us what he said.
the crossover Wrote:Again wrong information Johnson did not dunk on Chapman that was the problem Chapman should and was not thus he was wide open easy dunk...... Rhodes fussed at Chapman. The warning were to both. Right, it was a terrible decision. I spoke with Chapman and he is very apologetic and has no plans to do anything to anyone..... And coming off the floor he said he don't want anyone to say anything to him with a few choice words added. And I think Johnson could not play his normal game of total dominance and he was a little frustrated now I agree Chapman was wrong but Johnson was no Angel he played tough and got his share of cheep shots in don't be blinded.

And playing these hard games will make him better and help prepare him for college play. BUT if you give it expect to get it...... I like tough games but the Refs have to have a solid consistent presents.

Expect to get what??? Punched in the back of the head????????????
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:This has been referenced several times in this thread! If it is not against the rules of the board please tell us what he said.

Chapman told Johnson " he was gonna to shoot him after the game." That's actually twice he did this. I was told he also said the same thing at the KBA this summer. That is a scary thought to hear someone at that to another kid. No place for this in sports. It's easy to read his lips and you can see it plain as day! That game was close to turning REAL ugly. My wife is 6 months pregnant and had to get up and leave. Just glad my son wasn't there to see that.
all i can say is 2 weeks it will be a different ball game at Perry Central. Perry got to play better though and make free throws if they beat Buckhorn I said all year they be a hard out at home their a 15 point better team at home. And for the incident in the 3rd quarter that shows Rhodes and his teams true colors. Justin Johnson may have said something but Rhodes did not have to go to Perry bench it shows his intentions.
In order for PCC to win games like this, they have to have a fire underneath them, energy, and want it more than anyone. No one gets pumped up on this team, no one leads this team. They have to start playing as a team and not for themselves. They have to be more passionate about the sport they love. It's not about just one player, they have to do what it takes to win as a whole.
^100% agree. It starts w/ Johnson and Beverly and goes all the way to the end of the bench.
ballstar Wrote:Chapman told Johnson " he was gonna to shoot him after the game." That's actually twice he did this. I was told he also said the same thing at the KBA this summer. That is a scary thought to hear someone at that to another kid. No place for this in sports. It's easy to read his lips and you can see it plain as day! That game was close to turning REAL ugly. My wife is 6 months pregnant and had to get up and leave. Just glad my son wasn't there to see that.

This you a sixteen year old kid that you are make this accusations about!!! You definitely need to watch you post about this juvenile.
tommy2 Wrote:This you a sixteen year old kid that you are make this accusations about!!! You definitely need to watch you post about this juvenile.

What????? I don't understand what your saying?
I'm glad to see cordia is a champion for race equality now, big change from when I was playing in the late 90s, was a scary place to go on road to back then
I was told that the punch was the reaction to a third elbow from Johnson. One to the chin, chest, and stomach. I didn't go but from the people that I talked to at the game they saw all three elbows. Now elbows are still no excuse to throw a punch, from what I was told their game was doing all the talking at that time so my advice is to just let your game do the talking.
Now I will say that whatever was said after I wasn't their and I am not going to comment on any of that. But was told even by a pcc fan that Cordia's bench did get up but never made it to half court. Now if all it takes is one foot on the court then maybe their bench should have got a technical but I don't know.
What is disappointing to me is the fact that two men behind the bench would say some of those things to a young teenager makes me ashamed to be from this area. Adults saying things like that to teenagers, it's just uncalled for.
On a lighter note I saw that one of pcc's assistants lives on Lotts Creek and that when he got home after the game he had black & good balloons tied to his mail box. It was their senior night so that might be why, but either way I find that funny!
I heard from a reliable source Cordia may not have a chance to play for a state title....

I also heard from a reliable source that Cordia would win a state title....
Everybody starting riding me when I started the thread about Cordia getting the hammer dropped on them! Everybody ain't laughing now......
tommy2 Wrote:This you a sixteen year old kid that you are make this accusations about!!! You definitely need to watch you post about this juvenile.

They are both juveniles. Johnson is just 17 as well. What I said wasn't an accusation, it was FACT. Look at the tape.
There is nothing happening at Cordia.. Lol what are u guys talking about?

Lotts Creek is still partying from the win yesterday...

Waka waka waka!!!
No doubt. I don't blame ya. Y'all deserve to party!
keep crying boys it's hard to believe that Lotts Creek has the best team, heck Hazard,PCC, and Knot all recruit so quit being a bunch of cry baby's and just play ball. Hazard if it wasn't for Rhodes you wouldn't have your best Player, by the way does he still live with the assistant coach since his mother went back to Houston.
1/4bak Wrote:keep crying boys it's hard to believe that Lotts Creek has the best team, heck Hazard,PCC, and Knot all recruit so quit being a bunch of cry baby's and just play ball. Hazard if it wasn't for Rhodes you wouldn't have your best Player, by the way does he still live with the assistant coach since his mother went back to Houston.

Sorry Charlie,, lotts creek doesn't have the best team if you are including the whole 14th region. They however are in Knott Co.
KyGurl Wrote:But at about the kids raised on Lotts Creek , do they have to look elsewhere to play on a team?

they can choose up and play anytime, Ky Girl you have a school full of children who would love to play but are just not good enough most of those children never even tries out, and if the guys that are on Cordia team were never on Lotts Creek you would have a team and would still have a school full of children who would love to play and will never go out simply because they are not good enough to play.
Ill be watching the news Monday Confusednicker:
You may wanna check RR Facebook out,, something definitely is going on and he's not happy. Calling it a witch hunt.
topnotch Wrote:they can choose up and play anytime, Ky Girl you have a school full of children who would love to play but are just not good enough most of those children never even tries out, and if the guys that are on Cordia team were never on Lotts Creek you would have a team and would still have a school full of children who would love to play and will never go out simply because they are not good enough to play.

And the reason they're not good enough, is beause all the recruits come piling in and no one recruits a bad player, right???? So high school basketball is becoming the game of the recruiters....who can recruit the best player from wherever.

It will get to the point, if not already, where NO ONE on the bench is really from the area that they represent.

And all the while thumbing their noses at the Paper tiger...KHSAA.

I think this is sickening.
Mix1 Wrote:You may wanna check RR Facebook out,, something definitely is going on and he's not happy. Calling it a witch hunt.

He is talking about the Richard chapman deal people talking about how he should be arrested and how bad it was. There is nothing else going on that any one knows of for sure just rumor. This is the way this stuff gets started mx1 has already got on another post and made a statement that's how thing get blow out of proportion.
I said you may wanna check Facebook,, something was going down. How hard was that for ya? And from that video,, it was a foul on Cordia.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Expect to get what??? Punched in the back of the head????????????

Come on absolutely not. Situations like that should never take place but the reality is will player are allowed to play through tough calls another game is close tempers get involved. And that should never happen. And I have consistently. Stated that so please don't. Read more into my statements. I say what i mean.
RR has now posted a short video of the events that he says led to the altercation between his player and JJ. He has also written a plea to Julian Tackett to review the tape in order to get to the actual facts supporting his contention that this is a "witch hunt"! I am sure KHSAA is looking closely at all the facts plus tacking into consideration the allegations of recruiting that are flying from the rafters! I hope this comes to an end very quickly so we can get on with the district tournament as it should be played!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next