•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 63 - Perry 53
jacobcody2 Wrote:I know cordia beat PCC tonight but they still have to beat kcc at kcc to win the district. Without Chapman I don't see them beating kcc at kcc.

According to your posts this year, Oklahoma Thunder would have trouble beating Knott...... Are you for real? You need to give credit where credit is due.

:dudecomeon:
ballstar Wrote:I agree D1. Cordia just flat out beat the brakes off PCC tonight. No lies to tell! I'm not sure how or why Johnson got the T either. That whole situation had me tore up like a train wreck. I just couldn't believe that we had the ball when it all broke loose and our player got hit and they shot 2 free throws and got the ball back. I'm still puzzled w/ that whole deal.
The reason for that is I believe Chapman got a T for the punch, then Perry got 2 T's for the players leaving the bench. So that meant one of Perry's T's cancels out Chapmans, but the extra one is why Cordia got to shoot I think that is how I heard it being explained to the score keeper.
Oh, ok. Man it was nuts. I truly don't think if they had called 14 T's on Cordia it would have made a difference! PCC just played bad all the way around tonight. Credit Cordia's D on Beverly and Johnson. Hopefully PCC can get another crack at them and redeem themselves.
I didn't attend the game and would be very interested in the following information:
(1) the defense(s) used on Beverly and Johnson. players involved in said defense(s).
(2) did Cordia trap? did Cordia press? how effectively? was Cordia able to defensively
rebound? Cordia points from turnovers? Cordia points from fastbreak? Cordia points
from halfcourt set?
(3) any adjustments PCC might have tried to make and your thoughts on the relative
effectiveness of those adjustments.
(4) I assume that Cordia's quickness and agility hurried Beverly and limited his
penetration which in turn took PCC out of its usual offensive rhythm. Correct?
Did PCC (Beverly) then attempt to slow things down and get into a halfcourt set?
I'm speaking of the successful strategy used by PCC against the state champion
Shelby Valley team. I would think Beverly's ball handling skills might rival those of
PCC's point guard Amos.

I'm still guessing here. Many times quick athletic teams can be beaten by using a set offense which works inside out and run by a good point guard. Johnson and Tolbert's
bulk then become an asset rather than a liability. Can Beverly slow down and wait for the set? Does PCC run a set? On the other hand, maybe PCC will out run Cordia next time.
Doesn't Knott use a similar offensive strategy against Cordia? Control the pace and be
physical?
jacobcody2 Wrote:Chapman will be suspended for the next two games for throwing a punch at Johnson right. Unless they get a court order injunction to stop khsaa from suspending him. Since cordia don't follow khsaa rules

come on. don't acuse some one of breaking rules without telling us what rule.
D-ROCK Wrote:If they are so great, why couldn't they play where they are from? The kids that have grown up in the 14th Region do not have many diverse activities so why take away their chance to play ball in high school? Sports is one of the only pastimes our kids have.

I would rather my child set on the bench on a winning team other than play and learn from a loser.
hitter Wrote:how did they call a double technical. one on Johnson and one on chapman. and then they called one on perry centrals bench. Johnson did not do anything. he got sucker punched in the back of the head. and cordias entire bench left their seats. the refs called a foul on chapman so it was a dead ball when chapman sucker punched Johnson so there couldn't have been a double technical. and after all of that cordia got to shoot 2 free throws and got the ball. all in all the refs done an ok jobs except for letting chapman away with a few cheap shots

I heard that the cheap shot were the other way around. But who knows cordia's fans and perry central fans are of course going to side wth there teams. Just seems a little odd for a punch to be thrown for no reason. I guess the refs seen something the fans did not
topnotch Wrote:come on. don't acuse some one of breaking rules without telling us what rule.

Khsaa rule two players ineligible and what does cordia do they get a court order injunction. Hazard players get rule ineligible do they get a court order injunction. No. So you got hazard going by khsaa rules and cordia doing what they have done for tg last two years. If they don't get their way they go the court room.
I liked the game.
How many times has Cordia defeated PCC or MC Napier?
Just curious.
I watched the game on TV, Cordia played really good, Perry did not, Braxton is great but had a rough shooting night, and PCC free throw shooting was awful (somebody give me the FT numbers)

Now I am Hazard guy, but I watch and support all the teams around here, I know a lot of kids on PCC team and even got to know a few of the Cordia kids,,,,,all are great kids,,,, but my take on the PUNCH is this,, He should not be allowed to play anymore,,, I know people will say WHAT?,,, it to me is different than two kids getting tangled up and then swinging it out,,, that happens sometimes and kids get suspended for it,,,,,, BUT Taking a step and drilling somebody in the side of the head when their not looking is totally uncalled for,,, he could have caught him a inch or two lower or higher and really hurt him bad,, the camera angle on the Knott County channel was right on it,, it was violent as hell.

I know this High school!!! But had this been major college or Nba, he would be suspended indefinitely,, I know coach Rhodes wants to win like everyone else and the timing of this is bad with district starting this week. I would gain some respect for Coach Rhodes if he addressed this with some force. I am sure Chapman is a good kid, and just got caught up in the moment, but the way it played out cannot happen.

Good luck to all the teams!!! Looking forward to great regional tournament
The difference in the game was Cordias defense.
Braxton hit a few big shots..
But he never got hot like he usually does..
I remember one move where, well he faked me out just watching lol..
Hit a big 3.. Cordia just didn't get rattled.
Cunningham was the better PG last night hands down.
Cordia is playing 32 minute of hell on defense...just saying Confusederiously:
The 14th is wild and wooly. The regional tournament should be packed with rabid fans. It is like a soap opera with a million subplots.
I know upsets happen..
But if Perry gets by Buckhorn it's going to be hard to beat them at the palace.
I've not seen a word really about the refs.
Ballstar and I talk smack to each other..
But Roy Spencer (head honcho of the dust bowl aka perry homer).. Was reffing last night.
He called it straight down the middle.
Knott is still the favorite
I think PCC was 12/26 from the line. They shot less than 35% from the field. I agree Cadereece that Beverly didn't have a good game last night and he and Johnson will have to play better if this team is going anywhere! I again w/ the deal on the punch! No excuse for that to happen. It was a sucker punch after the play was over. Johnson did not get a T and he didn't deserve one IMO! What Chapman said after the punch was way more concerning to me! No place for violence like that in any sport. I look for Johnson's family to file charges on Chapman.

Ballers, I never heard the old man say a racist slur. I'm not saying he didn't but if he did I didn't heard it!

I will say this again: I don't believe you will ever see this team on the floor again!! Say what you want but I have a feeling this team will not even be a factor in post season! Lets see if I'm right or not!
I thought the game was called ok as well. Refs didn't beat PCC! I do think that once the tape is reviewed that You will see that 5 players left Cordia's bench as well. KHSAA is reviewing the tape today. We shall see what the findings are.
I am applauded. The fact is that the referees allowed the game to get out of hand. It was extremely physical down low. I even asked the refs to watch for the illegal elbows that where being throw to create space and gain position. And he at one point warned them. However, he only made one call..... The foul that lead to the punch should have been against JJ..... He threw a mean elbow....which was why the crowd went crazy after the call. Now I never agree that a player should ever let there emotions get to that point. BUT it is the job of the ref to control the game and protect the players. I feel they failed there. Otherwise, I feel it was a good game and Cordia out played PCC the entire game. I was excited to see some team ball and unselfish plays. I also felt that the racial comments were immature and fans have got to realize these are kids and many have never experienced racism other than TV and Black History courses. Which lead to the emotional Cordia Bench.

Now to all the rule experts is it not an automatic forfeit when a team leaves the bench....... why not many comments concerning that issue??????????? Just saying....
If you leave the floor of a game w/out the game being called by the refs it is an automatic forfeit. KHSAA can suspend the coach for up to 3 games if they chose to. The game want called over by the refs so PCC had to finish or Coach Hoskins could have taken up to a 3 game suspension!
the crossover Wrote:I am applauded. The fact is that the referees allowed the game to get out of hand. It was extremely physical down low.

Now to all the rule experts is it not an automatic forfeit when a team leaves the bench....... why not many comments concerning that issue??????????? Just saying....

No that is not right. The rule is whoever leaves the bench is automatically ejected, which means the 4 or 5 that left cordia's bench and ran out to at least mid court should have been ejected and the 2 or 3 that left the bench for PCC should have also been ejected, which would also mean that both of the coaches would of been ejected for 3 or more players leaving the bench. If KHSAA is really looking at this, both coaches could be ejected and have to sit 3 games along with all the players that left the bench getting 2 games each. And if Chapman really said what everyone says he did, he may get a lot more than his 2 games. The KHSAA WILL NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS LIGHTLY.
So the ref did not call the game and PCC left the bench and went to the locker room and they had to be talked back up. After 10-15 min they were allowed to return to play????? Really, I feel, if that had been Cordia RR would not have been giving that time and the game would have been immediately called??????
the crossover Wrote:So the ref did not call the game and PCC left the bench and went to the locker room and they had to be talked back up. After 10-15 min they were allowed to return to play????? Really, I feel, if that had been Cordia RR would not have been giving that time and the game would have been immediately called??????

Come man, seriously. Why would you say RR wouldn't have been given that much time???
This is what happen the game was not called by the refs and PCC left and went to the locker room.

For the record Cordia bench never made it to the half court or past the bench they did attempt but was grabbed and held back. And there were racial remarks yelled at the kids. Which is why the officers were called over.

These issues don't take place if fair/unfair but consistent games are called it is the job of the refs to keep order on the court. If the play down low is to tough after the warning with the players the refs could have called fouls/TF or a meeting with the coaches warning them but they were allowed to play a tough game. That's what happens and NO IT IS NOT RIGHT EVER!!!!!! However, that is why we have refs and three and they have to match calls or kids begin to feel they are not getting the same fairness.....

I Just Saying anytime a fight, punch, or flagrant foul takes place the Refs should accept blame....... 100% of the time it's something missed or ignored that leads to it. No refs are not 100% but these acts usually don't take place by one act it is a series of acts. Now I would be interested to know from Chapman what lead to that...... Again I stress I never agree with that type of action in any sports.....
The khsaa won't do anything further than chapman sitting his 2 games. I have heard it for years the khsaa will not review video evidence of a game. If a call is not made by the refs at the game I don't think they can do anything. This is not the NCAA.
topnotch Wrote:I would rather my child set on the bench on a winning team other than play and learn from a loser.

You obviously don't have kids?
I can tell you exactly what was said the gray-haired man behind the bench. By the way Ballers other Cordia fans were sitting there David Melton... Keith Combs the trainer and a several folks from Cordia on that little over look. He said "Why don't you bunch of ni--ers to back to New York" and threw something at the boys on the bench. As a team and Cordia fans we have heard the N word used freely at us and some even throw in the term "coon" and they are not referring to an animal. If I had been sitting there the gray haired gentleman and I might have had a little talk. On a whole, I think both crowds were pretty well behaved on both sides. The refs and the cops had everything under control.
Some of you boys might not be old enough, but a game stopper fight occurred at Sherman Neace between Cordia and Napier when Dook Combs was coach. A bad one. Stuff happens. Remember when Hazard and Perry couldn't play each other? Wonder why that was? Strong emotions cause wrong responses. Chapman made a serious mistake in the heat of the moment. I know this kid well and the first thing he did when he saw me was apologize. Doesn't change what he did or make the Johnson kid feel better, but it gives me some insight into his character.
Oh there was def a racial slur said..
All the fan parted like the Red Sea when troopers came up.
I stood in front of my fiancé, worried she might get trampled.. But it was definitely said!
Baller really you read these post the way everyone feels about Cordia and RR there is absolutely no way he would have been granted that and when the ref were questioned about rule they still didn't honor the rule....... So you ask me why? I'm like you; man seriously.
Lol!!!!!
Ah boys...
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next