Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Jeter retiring after 2014 season
New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter announced on Facebook that the 2014 season will be his last.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/...ebook-post
One of the all time greats love him or hate him. So smooth and such a good leader. Gonna miss DJ even though I can't stand the Yankees.
Im with you on that. Love Jeter but cant stand the Yankees. They really need to patch things up after last year and move on in a different direction. They had plenty of off field distractions.
Wishing Jeter a great retirement, he can enjoy just sitting back and watching some good Dirty Harry movies or maybe Trouble With The Curve, maybe go out west and enjoy the woods as well.
I thought he retired 10 years ago. At least his performances since then would make one think so.
I thought he led the majors in hits two years ago.
Went up to Cleveland to watch the Yanks play the Indians this year because Jeter is my all time favorite player and I had never seen him play. Was a good game as the Captain went 1-3 from the dish with a walk and two runs scored and my Yanks took the W 5-3.
I hate the Yankees, but Jeter is a one of a kind player. Someone special to watch and young baseball players can learn something from him.