Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Squad and Cheerleaders in the 15th Region?
I believe I have my own opinion and to say that I wasn't impressed with someone is just that. Prestonsburg has had a lot of recent injuries, if anyone has noticed there are 3 Prestonsburg Cheerleaders sitting out of games right now. Just because I said I wasn't impressed with a squad does not mean someone else might not have been. I know what I saw. Yes Pike Central had a LOT of good tumblers. But on stunts I was not impressed with extensions. I don't believe I was trying to offend anyone either. I guess that's just the way some people take it.

AND about the KAPOS deal, I also guess it's easy to decide when your coach has already confirmed with everyone around the area what everyone is doing before the meeting so you don't have to go against eachother. Prestonsburg has done 2 1/2 ONE year at KAPOS. They have done Traditional every year except last year. They can do what they want and what the feel is the best. Everyone is jumping to conclusions about them going to Traditional. How stupid are you gonna feel if they go up to Belfry and are Medium 2 1/2!!
In defense of Johnson Central, they are cheering for both the boy and girls and did have a double header tonight. Several of the girls have been sick and one of the best tumblers has sat out most of the year with a broken leg and I understand she is not cleared to tumble yet. Last Friday was the first time I think all the girls had been on the floor togather in a month.
The squad is practicing very hard now and comes strait from practice to the games. I was told that Anitia Sturgill, due to the injuries this year, has told the girls to limit the tumbling on the floor until after KAPOS.

The 15th Region KAPOS this year is wide open and the squad that comes out and perfoms will win. I expect some surprises this year with the talent level of the teams.
I have seen quite a few squads this year and not one really stands out. I have seen a few good tumblers. But, that doesn't win the trophies. Most of the floor cheers I have seen, mounts have been dropped or very shaky. Most squads have looked lazy. Not meaning that the girls are lazy, just saying I just don't see that PEP that you ussualy see in the 15th. Looks like the squads are just going through the motions and just trying to get the cheer over with. I do agree with JC CHEER FAN "The 15th Region KAPOS this year is wide open and the squad that comes out and perfoms will win. I expect some surprises this year with the talent level of the teams.". Good Luck to all and be safe!
Amen Jesse{ watchin-u}
We did extensions with signs to lead the crowd. That's what we do at ball-games. I didn't mean to get hateful, I was just defending my squad. Just because we didn't do our most difficult stunts does not mean that we aren't any good. Sorry to offend everybody
Pike Central has a really good squad and they have alot of talent , so keep up the good work girls we are proud of you.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:This is "best squad in 15th region?" Not "who did you think looked better at the game last night?"

:thumpsup:
I think that several squads are very talented - no need to mention names at this point. It will be whoever executes the best on the day of the competition. The 15th is more even than it has been in several years IMO.

May the best squad win!!
NYY10 Wrote:Go Valley

Thats what I'm sayin!
ValleyDweller25 Wrote:Thats what I'm sayin!
like you are from the Valley!!! LMAO!!!
ValleyDweller25 Wrote:Thats what I'm sayin!

For someone from Paintsville to get on here and bash the hell out of every athletic program they have actin like you are from another school, you must be pretty desperate for some attention.
:CheerleadDuh! Magoffin has the most talented cheerleaders ever. Very pretty girls as well.
Last night we played aganist JC and i was not impresed with there cheerleaders at all.. When i watched there floor cheers they made me think that i was back in middle school, they were so simple.
as for us (Prestonsburg) we didnt do ne thing to our full ablility but thats because we didnt want to get anymore girls but i think that we showed JC that we arent just a push over, for anyone who watched last night or came to the game.
When we played JC some of the cheers they done are ones we teach our Pee Wee or grade school teams to do.. I mean come on.. They should make up some new ones or something..
hornet_gurl Wrote:When we played JC some of the cheers they done are ones we teach our Pee Wee or grade school teams to do.. I mean come on.. They should make up some new ones or something..

:thatsfunn
maxhornet Wrote::CheerleadDuh! Magoffin has the most talented cheerleaders ever. Very pretty girls as well.

YES THEY DO!!!......GOOOOO HONETS!:letsparty
Keep the comments for JC coming, we love it. Do you think JC would show any KAPOS stuff at a game. I heard that MS Strugill has told the girls to take it easy on the tumbling until after KAPOS and Nationals. Several of the girls are healing up from injuries so do not look for anything drastic until after KAPOS.

Again, keep up the negative comments, they get posted for the girls and can be real motivators during this time of year, thanks!
I don't know why JC is so concerned with Nationals. Have they ever placed or anything? If I were them, I would be more worried about KAPOS.
5_blush_5 Wrote:I don't know why JC is so concerned with Nationals. Have they ever placed or anything? If I were them, I would be more worried about KAPOS.

:Thumbs:
JC Cheer Fan Wrote:Keep the comments for JC coming, we love it. Do you think JC would show any KAPOS stuff at a game. I heard that MS Strugill has told the girls to take it easy on the tumbling until after KAPOS and Nationals. Several of the girls are healing up from injuries so do not look for anything drastic until after KAPOS.

Again, keep up the negative comments, they get posted for the girls and can be real motivators during this time of year, thanks!

Hey, I have heard that JC has already qualified for Nationals. I heard they finished 4th in Richmond earlier in the year to send them there. Well wasn't it convenient that there were only four teams there and they had to finish in the top four to go? Rolleyes I know the JC cheerleaders work very hard at what they do. But, is this really fair to them to qualify this way?

Also for anyone to post anything said on here about any sport or anyone in a school or practice session is RIDICULOUS! :dontthink
IMO Prestonsburg, I dont see why everyone puts them down if anyone has wated them they would know that they are phenomenal. There whole squad has gymnastics and they can full down out of any mount that they do.
I think every squad should do that. And that all the basketball teams should come out and support their cheerleaders. Seeing as how we cheer all their games, they can at least come to our one competition, right? (thats what our team does)
JC Cheer Fan Wrote:Keep the comments for JC coming, we love it. Do you think JC would show any KAPOS stuff at a game. I heard that MS Strugill has told the girls to take it easy on the tumbling until after KAPOS and Nationals. Several of the girls are healing up from injuries so do not look for anything drastic until after KAPOS.

Well sory but yea MC cheerleaders are hurt as well and most are sick I mean our school got called off due to illness but they still tumble and crap.. they paractice before they got to games..
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Pike Central has an EXTREMELY talented squad this year and we work out butts off. I'm am proud to be from PCCHS. I don't think it really matters what everyone says, cause we know what goes on in our gym and no one else does.

I have not talked trash about anyone yet and I really don't want to start. So I'd like to ask you nicely to stay on topic. This is "best squad in 15th region?" Not "who did you think looked better at the game last night?"

Oh! BTW I was impressed with Allen Central. Good job girls...and good sportsmanship Wink Something that is very rare these days

Thank you so much for noticing...If you havent already noticed AC has improved a lot since last year...They dont have a whole lot tumbling wise besides the Kidd sisters and about 5 or 6 other girls but compared to last year they look like a completely different squad...I think they could possibly take runner up in their district with Prestonsburg taking the title....
Go Magoffin. They are the best.....wonderful team this year!
allen central has improved a ton this year. they have the basic fundamentals like being loud and sharp and punching their motions - a lot of these things other squads with more tumbling/stunts forget about. but the basic fundamentals are what make perfection. and perfection wins titles.
blackcatforever Wrote:allen central has improved a ton this year. they have the basic fundamentals like being loud and sharp and punching their motions - a lot of these things other squads with more tumbling/stunts forget about. but the basic fundamentals are what make perfection. and perfection wins titles.

They have improved this year. But, they need to improve on their floor ethic. I watched them tumble directly into the Paintsville Cheerleaders twice lastnight. The Paintsville Cheerleaders were standing infront of their pep section and leading them in some cheers. When out of no where, here comes an AC Cheerleader tumbling the full length of the floor. The Paintsville Cheerleaders had to stop cheering and move or get hit. Had they not been paying attention, they could have been hurt. Actually the Ref. had to move twice lastnight also or he would have been hit and he was also on the other end of the floor.
blackcatsuperfan Wrote:Prestonsburg Blackcats!!!
I agreeSmile
I am going with Pikeville's Middle school or JV, or whoever they are....you all know the ones I am talking about.
OffTheHook Wrote:They have improved this year. But, they need to improve on their floor ethic. I watched them tumble directly into the Paintsville Cheerleaders twice lastnight. The Paintsville Cheerleaders were standing infront of their pep section and leading them in some cheers. When out of no where, here comes an AC Cheerleader tumbling the full length of the floor. The Paintsville Cheerleaders had to stop cheering and move or get hit. Had they not been paying attention, they could have been hurt. Actually the Ref. had to move twice lastnight also or he would have been hit and he was also on the other end of the floor.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only person that noticed that! I thought it was very rude! JMO
Pburg