Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuck Smith back to Boyle county
This reunites Coach Smith with some legendary assistant coaches! Coach Mason and Coach Hester as well as Coach Goldsmith and Coach Perry! Also a good group of young coaches! I hope Coach Smith keeps this group together it could be crazy what they achieve!! I played for Coach Smith and Coach Mason and couldn't be happier for them! I wish Coach French nothing but the best but am excited at the possibilities of the hire with the current staff!!!!!GO REBELS
For Scenters to be named as coach already then perhaps everyone involved knew this might happened. Nobody knew if Coach French was coming back any of the last three offseasons. Many in the coaching circles knew Coach French was looking to a situation that fit for him to coach with his son again. Super for Madison Co. schools is former Boyle High Principal. Maybe contingencies were established for just this scenario. I personally don't know but for Scenters to be hired so quickly is just seems as if this is a possibility.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:There are home run hires.....

... then there are walk off grand slam with two outs trailing by 3 hires....

I guess the question that has to be answered is how long Smith plans to coach or will he start looking towards retirement when his state pension kicks in. Otherwise, absolutely no denying that Boyle County has to be on Cloud 9 and excited for the future.

If this is Smith's last go-round as a coach he probably will mentor a replacement and the adjustment will be less of a problem because of it.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I agree with you Pride, it just seems a man ought to keep his word.
Also, like you, not bashing. I have no dog in this fight... Just sayin'
papagrit Wrote:Smith has taken care of Smith. Boyle County fans are happy. It just happened the way it happened and it is a shame that Smith did it to Madison Central. What he did wasn't exactly right. With the hiring process just happening, I guess they can justify the quick hire at Central. Scenters is a good solid young coach and I think he will do fine by Madison Central. Madison Central was fortunate that Mark was in the wings wanting the job still. Hopefully the administration will stand behind him in Richmond. Smith will probably do well at Boyle in 3A. It all worked out for everyone...... Except at Garrard County who is the odd team out and coachless late in the off season.
The administration at Madison Central appears to be the weak link starting with the superintendent and principal at Madison Central. Good luck to Coach Scenters. He is going to need it.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If this is Smith's last go-round as a coach he probably will mentor a replacement and the adjustment will be less of a problem because of it.

Don't know who that would be on the current staff... Most of the best on it are nearing the end. Maybe his son or John Hodge can come in and take it over in a few years???
Willie Turnover Wrote:Dont feel bad for Garrard, Dudley will be their next coach.Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
I seen this when WKYT first reported it today.
My mind was literally blown. I did not expect Smith to go back after making a commitment to Madison Central.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I seen this when WKYT first reported it today.
My mind was literally blown. I did not expect Smith to go back after making a commitment to Madison Central.

maybe he will leave Boyle and come to Whitley lol
Good new for Boyle County.

I honestly thought Stoops should have kept Chuck Smith on the UK staff. I guess, in a way, Stoops had to start fresh, but UK's linebacker corps was usually the best unit on the team. You had Wesley Woodyard, Danny Trevathan, Avery Williamson, Braxton Kelly, Micah Johnson, and a slew of good college players that Smith coached.

Once again, great job by Boyle County to get Smith back home. It was bad it happened this way, but you can't blame the guy.
I am sure he had the same deal he had with MC, his son will take over when he feels it is right.
papagrit Wrote:Smith has taken care of Smith. Boyle County fans are happy. It just happened the way it happened and it is a shame that Smith did it to Madison Central. What he did wasn't exactly right. With the hiring process just happening, I guess they can justify the quick hire at Central. Scenters is a good solid young coach and I think he will do fine by Madison Central. Madison Central was fortunate that Mark was in the wings wanting the job still. Hopefully the administration will stand behind him in Richmond. Smith will probably do well at Boyle in 3A. It all worked out for everyone...... Except at Garrard County who is the odd team out and coachless late in the off season.

Here's a thought:

My guess is Scenters applied for Madison Central the FIRST time (when Smith was hired). When Smith left, MCHS asked Scenters if he was still interested. Obviously, he was ... because that was one of the fastest replacement hires I've ever seen.

So for those who say Smith didn't want to be at Madison Central because a better job -- for him -- was now available at Boyle (remember when Smith took the MCHS job, Boyle was NOT YET open), can't the same be said for Scenters NOT WANTING to stay at Garrard (because MCHS was open ... again)?

Food for thought.

I don't blame Smith for going back to Boyle anymore than Petrino should be blamed for leaving WKU. Petrino loved in Louisville. Smith loved in Boyle. Both men are comfortable there.

And it's not like either left their programs high and dry. Never coached a 2014 game. Never even had a spring 2014 practice.

Both schools QUICKLY moved on. Brohm hired at WKU less than a week after Petrino left. Scenters was hired, what, less than 24 hours after Smith left?

Why would Petrino settle for WKU when Louisville is out there?
Why would Smith settle for Madison Central when Boyle is out there?

Not as bad a situation as people are making it out to be.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I am sure he had the same deal he had with MC, his son will take over when he feels it is right.

Was Brandon Smith coming to MC to coach with his Dad? First I heard of that.

Also, haven't heard that he's coming to Boyle either right now.

Really confused by the above so maybe you can enlighten me if I misinterpreted the statement.
Yogibear Wrote:This is no criticism at all, but I just wonder if you take away Chuck Smith's 5 titles and his stint at UK coaching two LB's playing in the Super Bowl this Sunday if people would be on here bashing him for doing this? I think they would.

I think if this is anybody else, he is getting crushed on here.
BandWagon Wrote:I think if this is anybody else, he is getting crushed on here.

I agree 100%.
Who will be the assistant coaches for Smith at Boyle ?
How many have they lost in the transition? Did anyone go to SW with French?
BandWagon Wrote:How many have they lost in the transition? Did anyone go to SW with French?

One went with French he was a very young coach I can't think of his name, and another will be going back to Ohio. Smith will have Hester and Mason stay on the staff. rumor has it that the Leffews may come to Boyle as assistants next season.