Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KBA 8th Grade State Tournament
catfanmd you just dont get it. you should not be worried what your kids want. you should be worried about what basketballdads kid wants. lol ask him I think he is on your team
I KNOW this. When our kids were in the 6th grade they lost by 30 the first time. 20 the second. In the 7th grade we lost in the final 8 at Kba by 8 after leading a good portion of the game.

This year with a couple of injuries we were within single digits until the last two minutes when the little guard hit two 3s. The gap is closing because the teams around here are working hard to catch up. That's what good comp gives you: a bar.

I agree with the poster that commended the Varsity coach because many Varsity coaches would pull these kids from their PEERS for the good of a team that should have four classes to fill out a team. If anybody should complain maybe it's the Varsity kids who are getting passed over by 8th graders.

How about we just make basketball like football and soccer and make them hs only sports?
ky playmaker Wrote:I agree that southern is the fav. I think the 3 kids will miss the first pool play game because they have a varsity game that nite. I could be wrong. I t will not be easy for southern like some think. several teams will give southern their best shot. should be fun to watch

I agree Playmaker, they are beatable with but will certainly be beatable without.....depending on who they play of course. It should be a fun weekend for all the kids (and parents). Good luck to all for an injury free weekend of basketball!
Wayne County would have been able to give Southern a shot. Played them close in the regular season. They are with out 3 players. Their best player and the first player off the bench didn't even travel. Not for sure on the kid's name but he was on the varsity team.
centralky Wrote:You right it's a forum and you can say whatever youd like there is not anyone disputing that Is there ? I haven't seen one person ask you not to voice your thoughts . Do these 3 kids attend Southern Pulaski middle everyday when they go to school or do they attend southwestern high school ? Because to me if they are attending southern Pulaski middle school they are Middle School kids correct ? Doesn't matter what level of basketball they play there middle school kids and are eligible to play .

Since we are discussing giving opinions and this is a forum am going give mine . My opinion is your a southern Pulaski parent and are upset cause you want little junior to shine and he isn't going get to with the 3 so called varsity players coming to play . So your letting jealousy take over . It's tough basketballdad I realize jealousy is a evil thing just sit back and enjoy the ride your kid will be apart of a State championship team and that's something that can never be taken away . Good Luck this weeknd basketballdad to your southern Pulaski warriors .

I hope you're wrong about it being one of the parents. I am one myself and couldn't be happier with this amazing ride my son has gotten to be apart of. My son started one of the three years and was a role player off the bench the other two. He always got the playing time he earned and deserved and got to play with some amazing talent around him. We have a great bunch of parents and I never heard any problems this year with anything. The three players that get varsity time for our Southwestern Warrior team brought back more skill and knowledge from their experiences playing up that challenged my son in practice to get better and want to get to that level. Most importantly the memories of this unbelievable 3 year run will be hanging in Southern Middle gym for these players to forever enjoy. Congrats to the back2back2back undefeated Southern Warriors!
Who are some of the kids that stood out during the tournement? Heard there was alot nice players from 11th, 12th and a few from 13th. Just curious if it was kids that we already hear some about
Region 12 is and will be loaded for the next 4 years with Wayne co being knocked out by a very good JCTMS team. Then you had Northern Pulaski, Southern Pulaski, Meece and McCreary Co. The McCreary co team looked really nice with a ton of talent on that team. They gave southern all they wanted. At one point McCreary took the lead by 7. Good game by both teams. Hats off to SW.
You are right Region 12. This region (12th) is absolutely loaded with 8th/9th grade talent. Southwestern, Somerset, McCreary, Wayne, Pulaski and Lincoln. I think the Danville team won the silver bracket at KBA this weekend. There must have been something in the water from Lake Cumberland in 1998-1999!
I have been blaming the water for years. The talent in the 12th region middle schools have been competing at a high level since the second grade. I know Southern Middle has won six state championships over the last four years. They played Northern Middle in two finals, Meece Middle in two finals, Clinton County in one final, and JCTMS in the other. I also recall there being a switch in the final four one year, so Northern Pulaski had to play Southern Pulaski in the semi-finals so it was not another home town matchup in the finals.

In addition to the middle schools in the Somerset area excelling in basketball, I know all three have won state championships in football and I know Southern Middle won one in baseball also.

The Somerset area has also produced some exceptional Little League, Cal Ripkin, and Babe Ruth teams that have done well on the state and national levels in the last three or four years.

It must be the water.