Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian hires Ethan Atchley as new football coach
When Ethan Atchley graduated from the University of Kentucky with a marketing degree in 2011, he had a job lined up with his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers. He decided against taking it, however, so he could pursue his real passion: football.

Three years later, Atchley is the new head coach at Lexington Christian Academy.

Atchley, 24, was defensive backs coach at LCA in 2011 and defensive coordinator in 2012. He held that same coaching position last fall at Lafayette, where he's a business teacher.

"It's a blessing," he said of being the Eagles' head coach at such a young age.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/14/30336...stant.html
2A just got tougher great hire...from 64SUR...MT.TEAMS WILL BE WAITING... Confusederiously:
Good luck to Ethan.
Good luck to this fellow Cavs fan on getting LCA back to Bowling Green consistently in the most wide open class!
what makes this a good hire?? A db coach one year, and two years a coordinator, now in charge at LCA? Did no one apply at LCA?
Sounds like he is a basketball person if he was going to work for the cavaliers
Was told by someone that this job did not have a teaching job with it. He will remain at LHS and Coach at LCA. Not good!
Sounds like this young, enthusiastic coach has the right gifitings to begin a long and successful tenure at LCA - good fit. May the Lord Richly Bless him as he embarks on his new position!
Atchley is very intelligent, very detailed, and is a good people person. He is young, but he can grow into a great coach if given the time and resources.
Why did LCA not give him a job with the coaching job?
LCA is cheap. Ray Graham did not have a teaching job either. They are just not that committed to winning.
In 09 during the state championship season Paul Rains had a job there but neither the OC or DC had jobs there. Matter of fact only one other coach had a job in the system and he was the first and only assistant football coach to have one and it lasted 2 years. After the season they canned Paul because he drank a beer in public (made too much money). They originally lured Rains there by equaling what he had been getting paid at Madison Central which is very high in the state of KY. Then some leadership changed and some goals changed and Rains was ousted. They installed Graham as head coach but didn't give him his teaching back.
Iam4thecats Wrote:LCA is cheap. Ray Graham did not have a teaching job either. They are just not that committed to winning.
ok

I thought Ray Graham was retired when he took the job? isn't that why his name comes up alot because he doesn't need a teaching job?
:rockon:
Ray taught there for 2 years when he was an assistant. They took that away from him when he was head coach. He is retired from public school teaching. I never said he wasn't.
Wow, What makes LCA think this guy can do better than graham? I don't know what the situation is there but trading a guy like coach graham to a 24 year old with hardly any experience doesn't exactly make sense to me. This guy may be great but I can't see him being an upgrade at this point in his career. Can't use the wanting to win argument anymore IMO.
Will this guy take advantage of the no boundaries for private schools, if you know what I mean?
Ethan is a good coach. He will follow the rules put forth to him by LCA and the KHSAA. He will probably leave LCA with a better record than Ray Grahams 23-27 and a 1-10 season.