Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Powell Have A Soccer Team Next Year?
Will Powell have a soccer team next year if the football team cant produce?
Why would it be only if the football team cant produce? They need to go ahead an start a program either way...
I've heard that if the football team doesn't have more winning seasons by 2010 they will be replaced with a soccer team.
They need to go ahead and start one. That's not the reason to start one. You need one because the kids love the game.
I have heard this might be true. Powell will replace there football team with a soccer team. But i believe if this ever really happens it wont last long. People will realize how much football means to Powell countians. I agree with slama bamma too, just because the football team isn't doing well isn't a good reason just to go ahead and try to start another program from scratch. Powell is probably the only school that doesn't have a soccer team. I think if a program was started anyway it would succeed
Good post pirate...yeah they need to just go ahead and start one I mean if the kids want the program then you give it to them...if there is no demand for it then no need to pump the money into it IMO...at Pike Central we fought for our program and bought our own jerseys the first year and payed for the bus and every expense and once we won our first trophy in our first year they were willing to give us what we deserved, that being respect...:-)
What makes you think they would be better at soccer than football?
No one ever said that they would be better at soccer than football.
Then why would you substitute one for the other; that's obviously what they're saying?
It's a stupid rumor thats going around ... plus the football team has really turned it around ... they've been looking like a real team lately in conditioning and lifting ...
The word is many parents want a team but the board is saying NO!!!!!!!!!!111