Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 55 Lawrence County 12
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Gosh,
Johnson Central is ROLLIN;...My pick to win state! Said that when I seen the scrimmage score vs/ Belfry!
I think it's still early.
didn't boyd county go 5-0 even beating russell and they looked good then lost the rest of their game. last year.
t-cat50 Wrote:I think it's still early.
didn't boyd county go 5-0 even beating russell and they looked good then lost the rest of their game. last year.

Last year i believe that Boyd was 4-0 heading into its game with Wheelersburg OH then was beat in week and headed into its game with JC with a 4-1 record. But i agree with the direction you are headed that its way to early to make bold predictions like winning state with so many games to be played in the season. Although he does have a right to state his opinion.
Football fanatic can you read?Nobody implied anything like that so dont try to conjure up something like that.Sorry if Im being hard on you but that was one sorry post.Be Nice
Lawrence County needs more players that is for sure.We need more players who will dedicate to Football.We have to play hard every play with limited mistakes.We dontt play hard every play, and we make mistake after mistake.That to go along with we have No size, No depth, therefore were going to have a tough time beating anybody.Im not giving up on them just trying to find some positives and with all these injuries maybe it gives younger players more playing time.We need more players is all I can come up with.Goldsmith has a good arm and Im not seeing anyone making any catches of hard thrown balls.All you will hear is how good a teams QB,s arm is, well here we have a strong arm kid but I have not seen any one make one difficult catch.We are not helping Boone one bit.We might try splitting Morgan Roberts out wide as a receiver,He has good hands but If Im coach Id be telling my team the receiver position is wide open.Boone seems alot physically stronger than I expected and look for him to get to where he wont be easy to bring down so dawgs we need some young men to step up and accept the challenge of catching some pretty darn hard thrown passes.Great receivers never catch the ball with their bodies and then their hands,,,they catch everything with their hands.I seem some great potentional in our passing if we can catch the football.We have baskeball players who play year around.Our baseball team plays even after the season ends and that hurts some of our players from working out the way you need to work 3 months before the season.We need a core group of young men that when you see them after 4 or 5 months of working out you should be amazed at their physical appearance.So to sum it up, we need more players, some dedicating just to football.We need players who have good hands, and we need some breaks.That is if we want to get back to where we were in the 90,s.Great crowd last night.Crowd sopport was not an issue last night so thats one bellyache we need to bury.We just need to work harder and keep supporting them.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Lawrence County needs more players that is for sure.We need more players who will dedicate to Football.We have to play hard every play with limited mistakes.We dontt play hard every play, and we make mistake after mistake.That to go along with we have No size, No depth, therefore were going to have a tough time beating anybody.Im not giving up on them just trying to find some positives and with all these injuries maybe it gives younger players more playing time.We need more players is all I can come up with.Goldsmith has a good arm and Im not seeing anyone making any catches of hard thrown balls.All you will hear is how good a teams QB,s arm is, well here we have a strong arm kid but I have not seen any one make one difficult catch.We are not helping Boone one bit.We might try splitting Morgan Roberts out wide as a receiver,He has good hands but If Im coach Id be telling my team the receiver position is wide open.Boone seems alot physically stronger than I expected and look for him to get to where he wont be easy to bring down so dawgs we need some young men to step up and accept the challenge of catching some pretty darn hard thrown passes.Great receivers never catch the ball with their bodies and then their hands,,,they catch everything with their hands.I seem some great potentional in our passing if we can catch the football.We have baskeball players who play year around.Our baseball team plays even after the season ends and that hurts some of our players from working out the way you need to work 3 months before the season.We need a core group of young men that when you see them after 4 or 5 months of working out you should be amazed at their physical appearance.So to sum it up, we need more players, some dedicating just to football.We need players who have good hands, and we need some breaks.That is if we want to get back to where we were in the 90,s.Great crowd last night.Crowd sopport was not an issue last night so thats one bellyache we need to bury.We just need to work harder and keep supporting them.

I was suprised by the low numbers for LC when i got to the game last night. I counted the players of LC before the game and it looked like they only had 39 players. But numbers are always going to be low when you are losing, thats just part of it. Its up to the ones LC does have to make the difference. When Matney arrived at JC, they had only won 5 games the past 3 years, and he only had 35 players in his first seasonand JC was a 4A school. But he used what he had and in his first season went 7-3 in 4A competition. Every since then the numbers for the JC football program have been growing and they now have 72 players out. LC is going to have to figure out how to start using what they got and most importantly build their own identity instead of comparing themselves to the teams of the 90's cause face it, that talent isnt there anymore.
Football FANatic Wrote:The implication here is obvious. I don't know who you are or who you support, but to imply that players from one team would make a deliberate attempt to injure players from another team is a serious accusation. Sometimes you just aren't as big or strong as the other guy or sometimes a hit lands exactly wrong. Football is very physical and there will always be the possibility of injury. A great player will give all he has on every play and what you perceive as intent to harm may just be a young man caught up in the emotion of the game. The question I have for you is this - "If the injured players had been members of the other team, would you still be so concerned?"

What's obvious is that you can't read very well. Nowhere did I say that JC's players were trying to hurt LC's. I asked a simple question, did Lawrence County have 2 players leave on stretchers with the same type of injury. Where in the question do you get that I was accusing JC players of trying to hurt LC's, where do you see that Football FANatic? HMMMMMMM :ChairHit: .

And you're right, you don't know who I am, but I will tell you that I am not a supporter of neither team, and YES, I am concerned about the injured players especially if one of them has a serious neck injury. I don't care who is playing, when someone has a serious injury like that it breaks my heart, I don't wanna see some kids career come to an end like that, why would I wish that upon any teenage boy.
PC U KNOw we all know you didnt mean anything like that and that would smother me to death if someone implied that I did.An apology from football fanatic would clear this all up.Kayaker there has been some what of a drop in talent compared to the more successful Lawrence Co. teams and I our coaches would be the first to tell you there just not geting the job done.Our coaches need to get more players out to play.Anyone who thought having a much smaller squad in numbers would be a team with less chance of problems and create more team unity,,,,,well that is as dumb a thing I have heard since the season started.
Old School Dawg, do you happen to know the certain status of both of the players that were seriously injured last night in the game?
My sister told me one had a severe concussion and the other hurt his knee.
Congrats Johnson Central!!
Kayaker when Chuke left here I had heard Matney was passed over for McPeek.To me that ranks up there with the trailblazers taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan if that was true because McPeek inherited a great team his first year but I think he took our program on a nosedive.That is where IT started,,,dont never doubt it.If this would have been Matney,s third year here,,,Where would our program be at today?Dont mean to belittle our staff now as much as how good of a coach Matney is.
Old school Dawg Wrote:My sister told me one had a severe concussion and the other hurt his knee.

Knees heal so that is good to hear and a severe concussion, although not good, is much better than a broke neck or worse paralysis. I hope both of this young men will be okay.

Now as far as LC taking McPeek over Matney, i have no clue about that. But i guarantee that Matney would have done alot better with the program than McPeek. I have always said and always thought that Matney is one of the best high school coaches across the entire state period. The best decision JC ever made was to get serious about its football program and to go out and get the best coach to get there and in my opinion that is Jim Matney. He has made leaps and bounds with these young men and the program seems to be headed in the right direction.
Kayaker from the back pew AMEN BROTHER
I have two questions maybe someone could answer for me.

1) What exactly happened in the endzone? In the 1st quarter it looked like the ref. was asking some fans to move back away from the endzone. Most everyone stepped back including a police officer. There were 2 or 3 fans that refused to step back and the ref. ask again and then threw a flag. Why didn't the police officer that was standing about 20 feet away step in and help the ref.

2) Did anyone notice when LC placed 2 chasers on JC's kicker. I understand 1 going after the kicker but not 2 that left LC with 8 blockers against 10 defenders.
Old School Wrote:I have two questions maybe someone could answer for me.

1) What exactly happened in the endzone? In the 1st quarter it looked like the ref. was asking some fans to move back away from the endzone. Most everyone stepped back including a police officer. There were 2 or 3 fans that refused to step back and the ref. ask again and then threw a flag. Why didn't the police officer that was standing about 20 feet away step in and help the ref.

2) Did anyone notice when LC placed 2 chasers on JC's kicker. I understand 1 going after the kicker but not 2 that left LC with 8 blockers against 10 defenders.

To answer your first question which i was in the area when it happened, the ref asked some of the fans to back up off the field which made a LC fan mad, then he made the remark, "So how much did JC pay you." Thats when the flag came out. I agree the cop was all but 10 feet away and looked at the ref like what can i do. I thought that showed a lack of respect for the ref by the cop when he refuse to help him out. All the cop had to do was tell them to step back or someones going to jail.

Now to answer your second question i have no clue on that, I would say it was just that LC players were getting frustrated by the way things were going and they saw the kicker(as most teams do)as an easy target to take that anger out on.
I was in the end zone too.When Morgan Roberts made a touchdown saving tackle on the JC back a fan thought the JC back face masked Morgan and he went ballistic.A few others joined.Do people really think they can alter the game by hollering at the refs.Lawrence co has a redneck problem.They stayed on the refs most of the game and they had nothing to do with the game,,,we were getting the crap kicked out of us and cant take it.My sis said a kid kicked a football and it went on the field and that made the official mad.Now that official did have a bad case of rabbit ears and needs to find himself another hobby.He could have ignored it but the profanity probably set him off.One thing Chuke williams did do that isnt helping us now is he ran the score up.I mean he played his starters most of the game and I have seen us kick an onside kick up 50 to 0.Paybacks are He//. hehe
He is still entitled to his own opinion. Thats why we are all on here to share our opinions about football and others isnt it?
That is right captain america, only time will tell who,s opinion,s are right or wrong.I just happen to think mine are mostly right.hehe
Does anyone know when JC's Homecoming night is?
On a Friday night,,hehe
Congrats Johnson Central Eagles
Kayaker Wrote:Knees heal so that is good to hear and a severe concussion, although not good, is much better than a broke neck or worse paralysis. I hope both of this young men will be okay.

Now as far as LC taking McPeek over Matney, i have no clue about that. But i guarantee that Matney would have done alot better with the program than McPeek. I have always said and always thought that Matney is one of the best high school coaches across the entire state period. The best decision JC ever made was to get serious about its football program and to go out and get the best coach to get there and in my opinion that is Jim Matney. He has made leaps and bounds with these young men and the program seems to be headed in the right direction.
Let's not get carried away on Matney and his arrival at JC. He was offered the JC job prior to Bruce Humphries accepting the job. He turned it down! Why? Because, he saw the talent level at JC was sub-par. He had alot of talent at Sheldon Clark. He had a couple more good years there and then bailed to JC. He thought Sheldon clark would falter but they have done fine without him!!! The timing for his arrival at JC was perfect. The talent was in line and Matney new it. The next guy was gonna win. Matney is an exceptional motivator and coach but to say he turned this program completely around is absurd. The talent level is at an all time high and He was the coach to take advantage of it.
Nike Man Wrote:Let's not get carried away on Matney and his arrival at JC. He was offered the JC job prior to Bruce Humphries accepting the job. He turned it down! Why? Because, he saw the talent level at JC was sub-par. He had alot of talent at Sheldon Clark. He had a couple more good years there and then bailed to JC. He thought Sheldon clark would falter but they have done fine without him!!! The timing for his arrival at JC was perfect. The talent was in line and Matney new it. The next guy was gonna win. Matney is an exceptional motivator and coach but to say he turned this program completely around is absurd. The talent level is at an all time high and He was the coach to take advantage of it.
How long have you been around JC? I disagree. My parents graduated from JC, I played there, my brother played there, now I have children there, and there has ALWAYS been talent at JC. I do not know Matney personally (have met him a couple of times), but one thing I know he is a winner. Their program was in the worst shape it was ever in when he arrived. The numbers were way down and he found a way to get them out and motivated to play. I played against his SC teams in the late 80's trust me he built that program because they were as bad as us.I would like to see him stay but if he doesn't the important thing is replacing him with a Quality coach like SC did. The next guy wasn't going to win and the next one won't either if he is not the right man for the job. Your comment about it being absurd that he turned the program around make me feel like you have not been around for the history. If you have maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but you know what they say about oppinions and elbows.
Remember to LOG OUT if your using a community computer ie other people use use it too.
That way people can't get on and post in your user name.
Nike Man Wrote:Let's not get carried away on Matney and his arrival at JC. He was offered the JC job prior to Bruce Humphries accepting the job. He turned it down! Why? Because, he saw the talent level at JC was sub-par. He had alot of talent at Sheldon Clark. He had a couple more good years there and then bailed to JC. He thought Sheldon clark would falter but they have done fine without him!!! The timing for his arrival at JC was perfect. The talent was in line and Matney new it. The next guy was gonna win. Matney is an exceptional motivator and coach but to say he turned this program completely around is absurd. The talent level is at an all time high and He was the coach to take advantage of it.
Rolleyes

About the only responce I can think of is BALONY.
rooster Wrote:Rolleyes

About the only responce I can think of is BALONY.
Sometimes Rooster it's easier to get your point across with fewer words. That's what I was trying to say.:thumpsup:
Fellas, this guy hasn't won a playoff game yet and we are calling him savior. C'mon JC fans....are you that easily satisfied. Bill Musick had mediocre talent and won a playoff game. They are loaded this year and his district is as weak as I've seen it. He should win out and looking at the region as a whole it's weak. Seeing the level of his talent coming this season why not schedule a Highland's,Lex Cath. or some other power team. He would have been wise to do that. Good luck Eagles...I hope the fans get a playoff win so Matney can enter the hall of fame at JC...lol
Nike Man Wrote:Fellas, this guy hasn't won a playoff game yet and we are calling him savior. C'mon JC fans....are you that easily satisfied. Bill Musick had mediocre talent and won a playoff game. They are loaded this year and his district is as weak as I've seen it. He should win out and looking at the region as a whole it's weak. Seeing the level of his talent coming this season why not schedule a Highland's,Lex Cath. or some other power team. He would have been wise to do that. Good luck Eagles...I hope the fans get a playoff win so Matney can enter the hall of fame at JC...lol
I'm gonna have to agree with you Nike Man...He has yet to take this team program to another level. He should this season with the shape of this district and region. Nothing less than a regional championship will be a disappointing season eagle fans. This region is weak!!!
Lets keep this thread on the LC vs JC result and take the Matney comments to the other thread.

THanks
Nike Man Wrote:The next guy was gonna win. Matney is an exceptional motivator and coach but to say he turned this program completely around is absurd. The talent level is at an all time high and He was the coach to take advantage of it.
This statement right here shows me that you don't have a clue as to what your talking about. When he came here we were a AAAA school with about twenty players that were still on the team. Wow now that's great numbers to compete in 4A. We had won five games in three years prior to his arrival.Get a clue and actually know what you're talking about before spewing this crap on here. I don't know what your problem with Jim is but if I was a betting man you either couldn't cut it as a player for him or your just plain envious of the man. Almost every post you make on this site is like this so I should expect it instead of getting so worked up about it but I can't help it.