Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell's district???
How will Russell's easy district affect their playoff performance?
they will even have to play their district opponets in the playoffs for the first 2 rounds.
The district is weak and Ashland has been the only good team at all they have played and lost. noone in this district will even make them break a sweat and that will be a wakeup call in the playoffs.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:they will even have to play their district opponets in the playoffs for the first 2 rounds.
The district is weak and Ashland has been the only good team at all they have played and lost. noone in this district will even make them break a sweat and that will be a wakeup call in the playoffs.

Greenup Co is a pretty solid team. Not great but solid. As for the rest of the district effecting Russell in the playoffs. It really hasn't seemed to make a difference in the past and shouldn't this year either.
last 2 years Morgan,flemming and east were a whole lot better than this year. Russell is very good but this is the weakest the district has ever been from top to bottom.
Russell lost to Ashland in ot and Ashland beat Belfry also. I think you got a couple of 2a teams that would handle ashland and Russell almost did. I just think that all roads lead to mercer and that's where you meet a dead end.
Mercer will win the state,,, hands down....... Yea Iknow it is Blasphemy for me to say it, but he truth is the truth. No one will touch them this year.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russells district will be- East Carter, West Carter, Mason Co. and Lewis County.... Which will allow Russell to pick up 3 games to prepare for the PLayoffs every year....But that is another thread all together.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Ashland beat Russell in OT big deal,look at referee's in reveiw page 2 should have won that one...take nothing of Ashland, well fought game.As far as Mercer I think they will fall short.Look at Belfry, improving each week they will be in hunt,man what a rematch from last year,the two teams from 2002 to beat RUSSELL went to WIN state Breathitt and Belfry twice. Good luck Belfry I want too see that new stadium you have down there.It our turn to travel.:devilflam vsTongueirateSho that would be cool.:kneel:
Mercer will be there waiting on who comes out of the Belfry/Russell game.............. Pick it........
doesnt Belfry play Mercer firstt
NO who ever wins from Belfry/Russell will play the winner from the west. That will be Mercer....... then Mercer will win the state and then move to 5A where they should have been all year.
the only team to challenge Mercer will be lou. western,
Russell is good!!