Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins 2014
The defending 4A State Champions will have to replace a very talented class of 16 seniors. The Titans have won at least 11 games in every season and have won 4 district championships, 3 regional championships, and 2 semi-state championships in their first 4 seasons. Will they be able to continue their success in 2014?

I am assuming this is what the schedule will look like:

Aug 22, 14 Simon Kenton away
Aug 29, 14 South Oldham home
Sep 05, 14 Ballard away
Sep 12, 14 Shelby County home
Sep 26, 14 Atherton home
Oct 03, 14 Spencer County home
Oct 10, 14 Central Hardin home
Oct 17, 14 Waggener away
Oct 24, 14 North Oldham away
Oct 31, 14 Anderson County away
I think the district will be wide open should be some battles between Collins, North and Spencer.
Who is thier QB this year and who are some of their top players returning?
I hope they make it back to the finals. Just so Highlands can thrash them with a 40 point whipping to make up for what happened in 2013.
WideRight05 Wrote:I hope they make it back to the finals. Just so Highlands can thrash them with a 40 point whipping to make up for what happened in 2013.

Should there be a rematch of the 2013 finals, Collins wins again IMO.
I am still cracking up Collins beat the might little birds with a backup QB! I hope Collins get a chance to beat Highlands again.
WideRight05 Wrote:I hope they make it back to the finals. Just so Highlands can thrash them with a 40 point whipping to make up for what happened in 2013.

Confusednicker:

What make you think FT Highlands will be back in the championship game? Maybe Cov Cath have their number this season... How about, maybe Lex Cath or Boyle Co. too.:rockon:
This team will always be one of the better teams in the state
Iron Horse Wrote:This team will always be one of the better teams in the state

I would agree with that, Coach Lucas will continue to get the most out of the talent and they have a great feeder system that has improved.
FBfan4life Wrote:What make you think FT Highlands will be back in the championship game? Maybe Cov Cath have their number this season... How about, maybe Lex Cath or Boyle Co. too.:rockon:

I think Lex Cath and Cov Cath will give Highlands a good game, but if I was a betting man, I would put my money down on Highlands and Collins meeting up again in Dec. Boyle does not worry me. Lex Cath has some very good athletes and Cov Cath has been slowly showing improvement the last couple years. Collins lost a lot, but that side of bracket is weak and expect Collins to return. Highlands returns a lot of skilled players, time will tell how well the lines play and hopefully the D backs show up and at least slow up the passing game this year. Got to love football season.
UK1fan Wrote:Who is thier QB this year and who are some of their top players returning?

The QB will be Browning Becherer who threw the game winning TD pass in the state championship game. I assume the backup will be upcoming freshman JR Lucas.

Some of the top players returning include most of the offensive line, linebackers Bushy Wells (over 100 tackles), Gabe Nash , Michael Nash, and Leland Cardwell, DE Wyatt Williamson, and DB Quintin Murphy (over 70 tackles, 5 INT). Wells, both Nash twins, and Murphy could see time on the offensive side of the ball as well as Collins tries to replace all that they lost at WR and RB. They also return their kicker Blanton Creque who will really help them with field position and putting points on the board with field goals.
blue1424 Wrote:The defending 4A State Champions will have to replace a very talented class of 16 seniors. The Titans have won at least 11 games in every season and have won 4 district championships, 3 regional championships, and 2 semi-state championships in their first 4 seasons. Will they be able to continue their success in 2014?

I am assuming this is what the schedule will look like:

Aug 22, 14 Simon Kenton away
Aug 29, 14 South Oldham home
Sep 05, 14 Ballard away
Sep 12, 14 Shelby County home
Sep 26, 14 Atherton home
Oct 03, 14 Spencer County home
Oct 10, 14 Central Hardin home
Oct 17, 14 Waggener away
Oct 24, 14 North Oldham away
Oct 31, 14 Anderson County away
They have alot of skill players returning...not alot of super stars, but alot of above average athletes with alot of heart! people will be asking, "where did this kid come from?" they are deep in the running back position with 4 to 6 kids that are small but shifty...should be an interesting season..I predict 6 wins and 4 losses before heading back to challenge for state champs again....lets see!
sstack Wrote:I think Lex Cath and Cov Cath will give Highlands a good game, but if I was a betting man, I would put my money down on Highlands and Collins meeting up again in Dec. Boyle does not worry me. Lex Cath has some very good athletes and Cov Cath has been slowly showing improvement the last couple years. Collins lost a lot, but that side of bracket is weak and expect Collins to return. Highlands returns a lot of skilled players, time will tell how well the lines play and hopefully the D backs show up and at least slow up the passing game this year. Got to love football season.

sstack.. Don't get me wrong brother. I know that FT Highlands will be dominant as usually. I was just popping off to wide's remark, which an arrogant statement. Good luck in the upcoming season BIRDS