Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ufc 168
Rousey beats Tate by arm bar but had to go to a second round.

Weidman beats Silva by TKO due to injury. Silva snapped his leg in half on a kick...

Awful ending for Silva... I don't see him fighting again.
Tate did really well. I would have loved to see her win.
Rousey just looks so much bigger than her not to mention stronger.
The fight actually went to the third round, and you could see quickly into the third that Tate was spent and could no longer defend herself from the armbar.

I think as soon as someone stronger than Rousey fights her, shes done. Her stand up is not that good.

Silva never had a chance IMO. At almost 40 years old, I don't think he will ever fight again. That was a nasty break and one that will take years to overcome. Weidman still has a lot to prove, but looks very, very good.

Barnett got demolished, so much for that one. Same with Leben.

And Tate is much hotter than Rousey ever thought about just for clarification.
I think both Miesha & Ronda are 10's and I'd let them triangle me any day or the week...just sayin'

But I agree with you guys, that was a horrific, horrific way to see Anderson Silva go out and it'll take up to possibly 2 years to fully recover from and he'll be 40 by that time.

Plus, their were retirement rumors before the fight win or lose...so I think this is the end of the line for Anderson Silva.
I was never a Silva fan. Never did anything for me to Dislike him, I just never liked him.

I think Weidman keeps the belt for a year or two.

Hes got Vitor next.
[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bcojj1wCUAAv7m4.jpg]
^
That last one way nasty.

They said he had a successful surgery last night and will be back up in 6 months for rehab.
Personally, I think hes done. That would put him back to about 2 years before returning to fighting and I don't think he will embarrass himself.
Silva's leg break was borderline "Kayfabe"..... (Yes, I know it was real)
But it seemed like something from a wrestling story line. The greatest of all-time, trying to regain his title against the man who knocked him out. But he pretty much ends his career with the worst leg break in MMA history. He's 38, I don't see him making a come-back in the UFC at his age with that injury. No doubt he will be in the UFC Hall of Fame.

There are no female's on the current roster that has the ability to beat Rousey.... but everything doesn't always go according to plan. Tate and Rousey could armbar me anyday of the week.....

Josh Barnett is done. He needs to stick to coaching.
Chris Leben is done.... I didn't like him from when he peed on the guys bed on T.U.F. season 1.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Tate did really well. I would have loved to see her win.
Rousey just looks so much bigger than her not to mention stronger.
The fight actually went to the third round, and you could see quickly into the third that Tate was spent and could no longer defend herself from the armbar.

I think as soon as someone stronger than Rousey fights her, shes done. Her stand up is not that good.

Silva never had a chance IMO. At almost 40 years old, I don't think he will ever fight again. That was a nasty break and one that will take years to overcome. Weidman still has a lot to prove, but looks very, very good.

Barnett got demolished, so much for that one. Same with Leben.

And Tate is much hotter than Rousey ever thought about just for clarification.

I agree with her stand up not being that great. She either doesn't want to or isn't good at defending herself. However, Liz Camouche was a lot stronger than Rousey and Ronda dominated her. It is going to take someone more technically sound on the ground to beat her.

I also agree that Silva is done. Regardless of the injury or not, he wasn't going to win this fight. Weidman dominated him in the first round. IMO, if he beats Belfort then he has nothing else to prove.

Travis Browne is a beast and I am glad Leben lost, I am unsure why he is still in the UFC.

If either Rousey and Tate gave personal grappling lessons, I would be the first in line.
I don't trust words, I trust action...
^
I think Mcmann could beat Rousey is she protects herself.
Ive always though Rousey was overrated. I heard Cyborg was going to drop down to 135 so she could fight her. I hate Cyborg as well, but I think she would dominate Rousey. She wouldn't go to the ground.

You can tell Rousey has dodged her. Rousey use to fight at 145 and said she could do it when asked if she would do it to take on Cyborg.

Its mcmann next for Rousey, then it should be Cat Zingango is she wins. I think Cat was supposed to fight her next but is injured. I wonder if Cyborg will get her after that.
Cat Zingano will get the winner likely in the summer, I think they said at the post-fight press conference that Cat is going to start training again in March. So it will align with a summer bout with the winner of Rousey/McMann.
^
ITs kind of funny that guys wait 6 months for title fights and the girls fight about every 2 months
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I think Mcmann could beat Rousey is she protects herself.
Ive always though Rousey was overrated. I heard Cyborg was going to drop down to 135 so she could fight her. I hate Cyborg as well, but I think she would dominate Rousey. She wouldn't go to the ground.

You can tell Rousey has dodged her. Rousey use to fight at 145 and said she could do it when asked if she would do it to take on Cyborg.

Its mcmann next for Rousey, then it should be Cat Zingango is she wins. I think Cat was supposed to fight her next but is injured. I wonder if Cyborg will get her after that.

I do think that Cyborg would be able to beat her. She has something like 12 knockouts and no way Rousey would be able to stop that.

Cat Zigano is the next fight for Rousey unless Mcmann were to beat her. Zigano was supposed to be the coach on TUF because she beat Tate but blew our her knee which is how Tate got to be in the championship bout.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rousey is great by Cyborg would beat her and probably keep the belt for a couple of years.
ITs kind of funny that guys wait 6 months for title fights and the girls fight about every 2 months

IMO it is based on recovery time and the small number of female fighters available.
^
Oh yea.
Im excited to see Jones and Gustaffason go at it again.
Oh yea.
Im excited to see Jones and Gustaffason go at it again.

Yeah, that would have been nice.

....but Jones had to have his way, declined the rematch for a fight with Glover Teixeira who I believe Jones will plow though.
As far as Silva not having a chance in that one...

I fully believe that if that one would have played out normally... Spider would have won it.

I know Weidman took the first round, but Silva has been known for taking the first round off.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Yeah, that would have been nice.

....but Jones had to have his way, declined the rematch for a fight with Glover Teixeira who I believe Jones will plow though.

I'm glad Jones isn't fighting Gustafsson again, I hate instant rematches. I think if you lose then you have to fight your way through the ranks again.
zaga_fan Wrote:As far as Silva not having a chance in that one...

I fully believe that if that one would have played out normally... Spider would have won it.

I know Weidman took the first round, but Silva has been known for taking the first round off.

Although true, Silva appeared to me to be really focused in the beginning of the 1st round and Weidman still seemed to out muscle him.
I found this funny....it is advice to Silva on how to fight with a broken leg...