Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wymt sports overtime awards
HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT) - 2013 WYMT All-Mountain Teams as nominated by coverage area coaches.

First Team
Quarterback
Riley Hall (Pulaski County)

Running Backs
Brandon Jones (Hazard)
Chase Hall (Pikeville)

Wide Receivers
Cam Cheuvront (Somerset)
Corey Shelton (Williamsburg)

Kicker
Tyler Pack (Johnson Central)

Utility Player
Jarredd Jarrell (Prestonsburg)

Offensive Line
Belfry

Defense
Hayden Hatfield (Belfry)
Carson Whitehead (Harlan County)
Hayden Canady (Knox Central)
Lane Daniels (Paintsville)
Tyler Fugate (Perry Central)
Cody Estep (Pikeville)
Matt Hubbard (Pineville)
Chase Ousley (Prestonsburg)
Austin Cornett (Pulaski County)
Will Mobley (Pulaski County)
Jefferson Patrick (Williamsburg)

Second Team
Quarterback
Dalton Sizemore (Williamsburg)

Running Backs
Daymion Belcher (Johnson Central)
Gabe Blair (North Laurel)

Wide Receivers
Chris Hudson (Hazard)
Jake Johnson (Pulaski County)

Kicker
Keaton Kennedy (North Laurel)

Utility Player
Trevor Jones (Estill County)

Offensive Line
Johnson Central

Third Team
Quarterback
Dylan Hamilton (Betsy Layne)

Running Backs
Ben Rodgers (Knott Central)
Kody Thornsberry (Morgan County)

Wide Receivers
Peyton Case (Betsy Layne)
Cody Estep (Pikeville)

Kicker
Austin Woolum (Belfry)

Utility Player
Carson Whitehead (Harlan County)

Offensive Line
Hazard

Player of the Year
Class A
Brandon Jones (Hazard)
Class 2A
Cam Cheuvront (Somerset)
Class 3A
Sani Warren (Belfry)
Class 4A
Jordan Young (Johnson Central)
Class 5A
Riley Hall (Pulaski County)

Coach of the Year
Class A
Jerry Herron (Williamsburg)
Class 2A
Robbie Lucas (Somerset)
Class 3A
Philip Haywood (Belfry)
Class 4A
Jim Matney (Johnson Central)
Class 5A
John Hines (Pulaski County)

Honorable Mention
Quarterbacks
Cameron Hamilton (Allen Central)
Sani Warren (Belfry)
Adam White (Breathitt Co.)
Tanner Morris (Harlan)
Scottie Bailey (Harlan Co.)
Tanner Morgan (Hazard)
Ryan Turner (Jenkins)
AJ Cyrus (Lawrence Co.)
Zane Blair (Letcher Central)
Aaron Mills (Lynn Camp)
Ryan Jenkins (Magoffin Co.)
Donnie Foister (Middlesboro)
Michael Nelson (North Laurel)
Nathan Pray (Perry Central)
Da'Von Smith (Phelps)
Mac Justice (Pike Central)
Austin Charles (Pikeville)
Matt Brooks (Powell Co.)
Jarredd Jarrell (Prestonsburg)
Corey McPhetridge (Rockcastle Co.)
Castle Hatcher (Somerset)

Running Backs
Austin Hatfield (Belfry)
Trenity Carr (Belfry)
Justin Johnson (Belfry)
Austin Caldwell (Bell Co.)
Jonathan Gilbert (Bell Co.)
Sam Carr (Clay Co.)
Jake Coppock (Corbin)
Taylor Waddle (Corbin)
Jacob Skeens (East Ridge)
Cory Chorak (Harlan)
Fred Massey (Harlan Co.)
Austin Hundley (Jackson Co.)
Jonathan Gist (Knox Central)
Derek Ferguson (Lawrence Co.)
Ricky Goble (Lawrence Co.)
Hunter Hall (Letcher Central)
Jaylen Williams (Letcher Central)
Clay Elam (Magoffin Co.)
Ryan Pittman (Middlesboro)
Kent Phelps (Paintsville)
Conner Ford (Pineville)
Dalton Frasure (Prestonsburg)
Caleb Cox (Pulaski Co.)
Aaron Smith (Pulaski Co.)
Chandler Rowe (Shelby Valley)
Brandon Butcher (Sheldon Clark)
Will Lange (Somerset)
Bryson Jones (Somerset)
Blake Dye (South Floyd)
Jacob Hale (South Laurel)
Logan Campisano (Southwestern)
Zac Mills (Whitley Co.)
Jefferson Patrick (Williamsburg)

Wide Receivers
Keaton Taylor (Belfry)
Dustin Rogers (Betsy Layne)
Lako Daniels (Betsy Layne)
Wes Noble (Breathitt Co.)
Cole Wilson (Harlan Co.)
Stefan Lewis (Leslie Co.)
Houston Watts (Letcher Central)
Tyler Reynolds (Lynn Camp)
Kris Burton (Magoffin Co.)
Austin Poindexter (Middlesboro)
Cole Lewis (North Laurel)
Lane Daniels (Paintsville)
Brad Elkins (Pike Central)
Brett Goodwin (Powell Co.)
Chatlin Jarrell (Prestonsburg)
George Gregory (Pulaski Co.)
Tyler Harper (Rockcastle Co.)
John Hughes (Rockcastle Co.)
Skylar Griffith (Williamsburg)
Chase Lowrie (Williamsburg)

Kickers
Kevin Eversole (Hazard)
Brad Nordin (Paintsville)
LJ Allara (Pikeville)
Brently Patrick (Williamsburg)

Defense
Sani Warren (Belfry)
Keaton Taylor (Belfry)
Joey Duty (Belfry)
Blake Spencer (Betsy Layne)
Trevor Jones (Estill Co.)
Drew Middleton (Harlan)
Travis Laws (Harlan)
Cole Wilson (Harlan Co.)
Derek Akal (Harlan Co.)
Zach Chitwood (Harlan Co.)
Josh Puckett (Jenkins)
Cole Brown (Jenkins)
Grant Kiser (Lawrence Co.)
Josh Bray (Leslie Co.)
Hunter Hall (Letcher Central)
Josh Poe (Magoffin Co.)
Tyler Prater (Middlesboro)
Gabe Blair (North Laurel)
Jake McFadden (North Laurel)
Blake Williams (Paintsville)
Prater Helton (Paintsville)
Michael Shepherd (Perry Central)
Ricky Gibson (Perry Central)
Cody Taylor (Perry Central)
Austin Black (Pikeville)
Kyle Wallace (Prestonsburg)
Jacob Denney (Pulaski Co.)
George Gregory (Pulaski Co.)
Aaron Smith (Pulaski Co.)
Jesse Whitaker (Pulaski Co.)
Jared Lake (Rockcastle Co.)
Quinton Williams (Shelby Valley)
Kagen Skidmore (Somerset)
Mack Little (South Floyd)
Simon Vanderpool (Whitley Co.)
Chris Helton (Williamsburg)
Michael Rose-Creekmore (Williamsburg)
Skylar Griffith (Williamsburg)
Corey Shelton (Williamsburg)
Chase Lowrie (Williamsburg)
Wow, do these guys even watch High School Football?
Not to bad.
1374 rushing yards, 17 TDs, over 3000 all purpose yards plays both sides of the ball like a mad man over 100 solo tackles on D. and only gets a honorable mention what a joke...:lame:
No way Brad Auxier linebacker from JC shouldn't have made this list. Lead the team in tackles on arguably the best defense in the mountains.
Armchair QB Wrote:Wow, do these guys even watch High School Football?

No !! if you watch their show you would know how bad WYMT needs a sports person!! But congrads to alll!!!:hilarious:
Congrats to all named to the team and thank you to WYMT for continuing to promote the student athletes in EKY!

Big Shout out to the Panthers on the list and Cody Estep and Chase Hall for 1st team honors! Hail Pikeville!
How can y'all leave Blake Asher off from Leslie County, This kid is goin to the Us army National Guard combine in San Antonio Texas combine Jan 2-4.He was invited an didn't make the wymt Blake is 6.5" 260lb De/T...I guess he slip threw the crack. :igiveup:
Congrats to everyone making the team! Great honor!
Sorry WYMT, the average fan knows more about what is going on in the mountains than you guys. This is one of the most embarrassing selections you have had in some time. When you use entire line you show lack of knowledge and desire to work. You need to get Sports Overtime back on track, and work harder on this type of selections. Better luck in the future.:flush::flush:
Can't blame all of the people on Wymt. You must realize coaches must nominate. Start finger pointing there first.

I would like to see a snub list
ah boys...
Lets be honest here. Calvin Johnson could have played for any EKY team at WR this year, racked up 8000 yards in 10 games and made the WYMT team and somebody would have been pissed about it.
Hazard had 3 very good linebackers all seniors that are not listed and are snubbed.. Kody Arnett, Josh Meehan and Jacob Roll
All 43 coaches were asked to submit players to be considered for the list. Only 19 coaches responded. Also, not every team reports stats, so the coaches that did not respond and did not report stats to KHSAA made it extremely difficult to find players to put on the list. Stats are not everything and only tell so much of the story, but it certainly helps to have something to go by. Every coach had the opportunity to nominate players from his team. Not everyone participated.

-Josh McKinney
StrikeoutKing Wrote:All 43 coaches were asked to submit players to be considered for the list. Only 19 coaches responded. Also, not every team reports stats, so the coaches that did not respond and did not report stats to KHSAA made it extremely difficult to find players to put on the list. Stats are not everything and only tell so much of the story, but it certainly helps to have something to go by. Every coach had the opportunity to nominate players from his team. Not everyone participated.

-Josh McKinney

That tell me we have 24 coaches that need to find another part-time job,like picking cans for bonus money that pisses me off Confusederiously:
StrikeoutKing Wrote:All 43 coaches were asked to submit players to be considered for the list. Only 19 coaches responded. Also, not every team reports stats, so the coaches that did not respond and did not report stats to KHSAA made it extremely difficult to find players to put on the list. Stats are not everything and only tell so much of the story, but it certainly helps to have something to go by. Every coach had the opportunity to nominate players from his team. Not everyone participated.

-Josh McKinney

This is exactly the problem.
Some are mad little Johnny isn't on there when there coach is the one who didn't put forth the effort.
I see the same thing with the middle school fiasco of the all star team over there.
It is funny that a player of the year gets an honorable mention at his respective position.

Get your trophy in life by getting a good education and making a God honoring life for your family!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Congrats to everyone who made the list. Especially glad to see Chase Hall get first team.

-Josh McKinney

Man up wymt and list those 19 coaches, no one will have hard feelings toward them but will make the rest think twice by not voting next year. Since Forrest has left the sports program has went to ----. I do believe not many coaches participated but I think the real problem was in the sports room as they have some over likens toward a certain few
cherokee Wrote:Man up wymt and list those 19 coaches, no one will have hard feelings toward them but will make the rest think twice by not voting next year. Since Forrest has left the sports program has went to ----. I do believe not many coaches participated but I think the real problem was in the sports room as they have some over likens toward a certain few

I agree with you that the problem was in the sports room. You and myself may be in the minority, but it was WYMT's team, not the coaches' team. If they wanted the coaches to select the players and provide them all the information, why not call it the WYMT Coverage Area Coaches Team or something. If you are going to put out a team, I think you should do a little journalism and seek the facts for yourself instead of having it spoon fed to you. Then do a comparison of all the statistics you have acquired and present a list based upon that information not off of what few surveys were returned.
Sports overtime is the only show in town in terms of mountain sports. Like them or not how many of you turn on WYMT on Friday nights at 11 to check out what they have to say about your respective team? They do a great job at spotlighting mountain kids who would otherwise be overshadowed by larger market programs. Thanks for the post, congrats to those mentioned.
I don't think that anyone doesn't appreciate the effort that YMT makes in covering the mountains. They have a wide area to cover and do an adequate job. However, these lists always make me scratch my head. YMT, your name is on this list. It is yours. Even if you have coaches involvement, to me you should have final say on which names appear because your name (WYMT) is the sponsor of these all star teams. Head Scratcher number one: Sani Warren is so GREAT that he gets honorable mention on both sides of the ball and then is named 3A POY...Wow, no sense made there...Head Scratcher number two...Carr, Hatfield, and Johnson get only honorable mention at RB....????....in light of who you have on your third team this is incredible...Not taking anything away from those kids, but is this a list of who is best in the mountains or a list of let's put kids on the list who have great stats on bad teams against terrible competition? No answer needed...I already know it...and btw...I understand business and advertising and how you have to spread the love, but why should you need approximately 170 players on any ALL list...Seems like it's not really a great honor if everyone is on it. Congrats to the kids and coaches who made the team.
Congrats to all who made the team.

I have one question. Did anybody in the coverage area not make the honorable mention list?

-Josh McKinney

I get what your saying SK, but as some others have mentioned the WYMT name is on this list not the coaches. If you are going to name the list after the station then the station should pick the list not the coaches. I also understand some schools are lazy and don't report stats, but you can't necessarily pick a player simple based on stats either.

Name it "The WYMT Coaches Team" then lay blame on the coaches. While its the "WYMT All Mountain Team" the blame lies with WYMT.
DALE Wrote:I agree with you that the problem was in the sports room. You and myself may be in the minority, but it was WYMT's team, not the coaches' team. If they wanted the coaches to select the players and provide them all the information, why not call it the WYMT Coverage Area Coaches Team or something. If you are going to put out a team, I think you should do a little journalism and seek the facts for yourself instead of having it spoon fed to you. Then do a comparison of all the statistics you have acquired and present a list based upon that information not off of what few surveys were returned.

Couldn't have said it better!!
Congratulation to Chandler Rowe ( Running Back) and Quinton Williams ( Defensive ) from Shelby Valley for making WYMT Honorable Mention
Congratulations to Josh Bray from Leslie Co.for making Honorable mention Defense, especially since he msy have played 10 plays on defense all year..
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Congrats to all who made the team.

I have one question. Did anybody in the coverage area not make the honorable mention list?

Yeah #11 from LC Timmy Dalton Smh!!! I know He is just a Freshman but come on anyone in their right minds would have this Kid at least HM. Such R* R*'s
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I get what your saying SK, but as some others have mentioned the WYMT name is on this list not the coaches. If you are going to name the list after the station then the station should pick the list not the coaches. I also understand some schools are lazy and don't report stats, but you can't necessarily pick a player simple based on stats either.

Name it "The WYMT Coaches Team" then lay blame on the coaches. While its the "WYMT All Mountain Team" the blame lies with WYMT.

We don't base our picks solely on the nominations by the coaches. We ask each of them to submit players from his team (or others) and we use them as a benchmark. We look at every stat that is available online (in various places). If a team does not report stats and does not nominate individual players, it makes it extremely difficult to select the players. We don't necessarily go by what the coaches say, but they see the players more than we do, so their opinion is welcomed in making our picks.

The list is the collective opinion of four people. Not everyone agrees with it, nor should they. It's an opinion. Everyone has their own. People can make arguments all day for this kid or that kid making it or not making it. At the end of the day, it's the on-field results that matter. Belfry won a state championship, and IMO is the best TEAM in the Mountains. If you were to ask the players to trade their ring for a 1st Team All-Mountain mention, I don't think many would take it.