Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Classic in Somerset
I think if middle school is over and the coach and other players that's been playing doesn't care, they should be able to start working out and playing some.
But again, these boys are at a advanced level and are all good enough to play and win varsity. I am referring to the starters that play middle school.
I am aware there are a few other schools that have kids that stay on the bench in varsity games that play middle school if there isn't a middle school game. But they put middle school first and if they were good enough to play varsity they would step away from middle school. Lexington and Louisville both have schools that have some outstanding players that play varsity that are in 8th.
Wayne, Corbin, Adair and NL all have had players in 8th grade that all played varsity. I don't know about state tourney but during game season they were not at middle school games. Corbin I seen with my own eyes and was told by others about other county schools.
This is a big issue that needs to be looked into.
Southern is the only school I have ever known to pull this.
ky playmaker Wrote:I got a question and I am serious not being smart about it. If these boys were playing freshman and or jv along with varsity would you still feel the same way? thats mainly a question for basketballdad

I think u said in an earlier post they didn't play Frosh, JV.....that's the irony of the middle school play. I couldn't certainly care less but I do know their were MS players and parents that were not real happy their kids didn't get to play their MS game in order for part of the team to get to their varsity game. I also saw where someone posted that the MS team was all for it...so I guess they are talking out of both sides of their mouths. My kid is graduated and off to college so it doesn't affect me either way. I agree the boys have every right to play at all levels, I just don't know why they would want too.
I do not know if parents was mad or not. All I know is my nephew plays for southern 8th( not one of the 3) and he said the players knew going in that they was just going to play 2 pool play games. Now the parents may not have known that
I get what your saying basketballdad I really do but at the same time would you tell a high school senior that is already good enough to be starting at ky that he cant play his sr year.The high school coach at sw allows it end of story to me
Heard that Southern won 6th, 7th and 8th region tournament?
Can someone confirm this?
northern won 6th and 7th today at kba 12 region tourny. northern finished 2nd in 8th grade southern wasnt there
It was northern vs lincoln in all 3 finals. southern and wayne didnt play in it
Why would you play a 12th region tourney at kba? Was meece there? McCreary?
I think the State Tournament is at KBA also.
6th grade was northern pulaski, east jess, west jess, lincoln, garrad co,meece and pine knot 7th and 8th was northern pulaski, lincoln, east jess, west jess and garrad co. I believe thats right
KarnivalKat Wrote:Has nothing to do with fair… It's just dumb, dumb to play both, nothing to gain, everything to lose.

At the end of the day, no one will remember an 8th grade state tournament a year from now. but, we would remember if one suffered an injury that kept them out for a long period of time.

You are correct, I just would worry about injury, a possible wear and tear injury to the knee could end a career and for what to claim you were a middle school champ. Don't know that is what they will remember 20 years from now. I can't understand the varsity head coach thinking this is okay if they contribute to varsity team like people are saying on here.
What are the rules about playing in AAU and playing varsity at the same time. Cause I did see them at KBA even heard that a couple of them were playing with a group out of TN. Middle school, Varsity, AAU. That is a lot of ball. Best of luck to all
hardcore1, when did you see them at kba? 2 of them do play for "we all can go" which is based out of nashville tn but that team dont fire up till about april
I know you didnt see danny or stephen up at kba. They have not played any aau or even been to kba to play even a middle school game yet.