Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sekc
What's up with this SEKC selections? Seen where an offensive lineman who is being recruited by several D1 teams better yet SEC teams didnt make it. Good enough to receive letters from Ole Miss, Tenn, and etc. but can't make it!
Kayne-W Wrote:What's up with this SEKC selections? Seen where an offensive lineman who is being recruited by several D1 teams better yet SEC teams didnt make it. Good enough to receive letters from Ole Miss, Tenn, and etc. but can't make it!

Talk to the coach of the team, they are the ones who select their own.
Thanks for replying! I was wondering the process, don't know the coach just a fan of the kid that got left off!
If this kid is getting letter from these college someone need to talk to the coach.what county :rockon:
Have not seen or heard of a kid with that kind of talent. What school?
Bell!
I was told other coaches had to select them...not their own coach. Is that not true?
PRIDE101 Wrote:Have not seen or heard of a kid with that kind of talent. What school?

This is why im posting. There are several kids in eastern Ky. that simply need their names out there. This kid is from Bell and he will be playing big time D1 football if he keeps doing what he is doing. He shines at all of the major camps across the country.
The SEKC is all but a joke now.
Useless to even be apart of it IMHO.
The number of spots for a team usually go by how they finished in conference. There were co-champions this year with both sets of Jackets. There are also specialty awards for the SEKC top players. I have no idea how many kids make the team.
I think so many made it that a couple of guys playing behind this individual made it! As in second string.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The SEKC is all but a joke now.
Useless to even be apart of it IMHO.

What would you do to make it better, or why do you feel like that?
Get rid of it!!! Money maker for some and waste of money for schools. Must be a younger kid b/c no D-1 talent in sekc in this sr class.

BTW just b/c you get letters don't mean they are recruiting you. Most if the time they are solicitations for camps the schools have. I think ole miss and Ut sent letters to most of the soph's in SE states trying to get people to camps.
Not because i like giving Bell fans crap, but why? Doesn't cost the school a penny. Kids get free trophies and some pub. Why?
I agree. If it doesn't cost the schools anything, what does it hurt to provide a little recognition for some of the players and a conference championship for a couple of teams every year.
The positives outweigh the negatives.
You want to put his name out there, so put his name out there.
I didn't see anyone from Bell at that level. Caldwell, of Harlan County, was the best offensive lineman I saw the night I saw Bell play.
SEKC is a great thing for kids. Something that doesn't cost the school anything but time. Tell us what can make it better, or what you don't like about it.
The kids name from Bell is Murray he's just a soph. He's 6'8 315... D1 body and talent. Good kid also from good family
In order to get on the list it's not on how good you could be or who's sending you letters. It's about how you played that year.
Talk to Wayne Mills then he was and is the only person that could have selected him on the team. Coaches select there own no one else.
Its a great organization not sure why bell fans and Whitley fans hate it
Like Gummie Bear, I'm almost positive that each school's coaches name their own players to the All-SEKC teams, and they get a pre-determined number of slots based on their team's finish in the conference.

It's been that way since 70s, if I recall correctly.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Talk to Wayne Mills then he was and is the only person that could have selected him on the team. Coaches select there own no one else.
Its a great organization not sure why bell fans and Whitley fans hate it

Not a fair assessment to say fanS. A Bell fan and a Whitley fan seem to not like it.
SEKC does a lot of good things. It honors a lot of local kids and rewards their accomplishments. It is not perfect but those chosen are always proud of the honor.
Could someone posts the all SEKC teams?
http://middlesborodailynews.com/news/hom...EKC-honors

Here's a list of SEKC selections for 3A-5A. Congratulations to each individual selected!!!!
Gut, and Topcat, please help what can be changed in the SEKC. Let me start , I think that more teams should play each other.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Talk to Wayne Mills then he was and is the only person that could have selected him on the team. Coaches select there own no one else.

Maybe this explains all the trouble bell had last year at their banquet.
You have to pay dues to be in sekc. Now those dues come from panorama games. If u don't plat in sekc grid u must pay up!! I think teams would be better served to have a grid and keep money for expenses. Less and less money coming from schools themselves. Most programs need any extra revenue they can get.

Just my thoughts.
Lets hope they take care of that nonsense before they go to the SEKC banquet.
I have to agree with Topcat ????. Wow. But..teams do get another scrimmage and the concession stand from those . Which is good. I believe the trade off for kids is worth that little extra. The crowds would not be as big at all if they did not double up the way they do. I went to all last year and great crowds for the 4 team games.