Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Past Players
I was thinking about girls who were really good in high school ball in the 13th region that signed with colleges. After looking a couple of up on the schools rosters, I seen they were nowhere to be found.

Where are some of the 13th region stars from the past 4-5 years that have graduated and who are they playing with?

For example, where are the Gilbert, Mitchell, and Bell Jackson girls from Clay playing at now?
Chelsey Smith from Pineville? etc...

Just curious if any of them are still playing ball and doing well.
None of them are playing all for different reasons. Some may not need to be on here.
Belle Jackson and Kayla Smith (clay) signed with The University of Pikeville in 2011? and decided not to play after first year. Gilbert graduated high school in '06 and was a 4 year starter for Georgetown. Amber Neece and Lauren Wombels(South Laurel) were both stand out players for The University of The Cumberlands. Wombels earned conference freshman of the year her first year. The big girl from Harlan City signed with Cumberlands last year. Tyra from Jackson Co. plays for Georgetown. What about the Clontz girl from South? is she playing anywhere?
Olred Wrote:None of them are playing all for different reasons. Some may not need to be on here.

Would it be easier to make a lost of those who are playing?
KNUCKS Wrote:Belle Jackson and Kayla Smith (clay) signed with The University of Pikeville in 2011? and decided not to play after first year. Gilbert graduated high school in '06 and was a 4 year starter for Georgetown. Amber Neece and Lauren Wombels(South Laurel) were both stand out players for The University of The Cumberlands. Wombels earned conference freshman of the year her first year. The big girl from Harlan City signed with Cumberlands last year. Tyra from Jackson Co. plays for Georgetown. What about the Clontz girl from South? is she playing anywhere?

Good update. I forgot about the Clontz girl. Did she sign with anybody?

It seems a lot of these athletes in this region sign with NAIA teams and never go to the first day.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Good update. I forgot about the Clontz girl. Did she sign with anybody?

It seems a lot of these athletes in this region sign with NAIA teams and never go to the first day.

Emily Clonce signed with Alice Lloyd. She is averaging 4.8 minutes per game playing in 8 games so far this season.
Jayme Gilbert was an exceptional player at Georgetown.
Macy Clontz us at Union
I don't know about past player, but Bell County's Maci Morris is committed to play at UK. Also, I watched Harlan freshman Jordan Brock last night and she is going to take the region by storm here soon. She is incredibly talented and will only get better!
Jenna Mills from KC signed with Union along with Bethany Powers from Whitley(she is being redshirted), Sarah Scruggs(Harlan Ind.) also plays for Union. Taylor Arthur(South) is playing with Alice Lloyd i believe. Madden and Chesnut(Clay) are with Pikeville me thinks.
Mullins from Harlan Ind. signed and played at The Cumberlands last year. Think was newcomer of the year in that conference. Thought she was going to walk on at EKU, but is not on the roster this year.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Jenna Mills from KC signed with Union along with Bethany Powers from Whitley(she is being redshirted), Sarah Scruggs(Harlan Ind.) also plays for Union. Taylor Arthur(South) is playing with Alice Lloyd i believe. Madden and Chesnut(Clay) are with Pikeville me thinks.
I think Chesnut is at Alice Lloyd not Pikeville......:blabbermo
Chesnut is at Alice Loyd
Davenport is at LMU
Thanks for the updates guys.

Several have already been mentioned. I wish a news paper crew somewhere would keep up with this type of stuff.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Jenna Mills from KC signed with Union along with Bethany Powers from Whitley(she is being redshirted), Sarah Scruggs(Harlan Ind.) also plays for Union. Taylor Arthur(South) is playing with Alice Lloyd i believe. Madden and Chesnut(Clay) are with Pikeville me thinks.

I knew Powers would reshirt with the knee.

Union seems to be staying close to home.