•  Previous
  • 27(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2014
We want 6.
bac2369 Wrote:Mayfield has been since 09,10,11,12, and 13.. So 5 straight years..

Honest question here. When does Mayfield start sliding? They'll obviously be a favorite in 2A year in and year out as well, BUT, eventually, EVERY team starts to slide down hill. This can happen from not being able to find that high caliber coach you always had, or redistricting, etc, and it will happen to every public school eventually, even Highlands will start to struggle sooner or later. I bet nobody though Valdosta, Permian, etc would have slid like they did in there hay day either.

My thoughts? Its hard because high school football in this state isn't top caliber compared to states where those other teams who eventually slipped up and started having losing season after losing season. Is KY high school football to blame for letting teams win year after year?
Let's not go wishing a slide on us. We really like having things rolling.
I love how everyone thinks the west is weak since its been mayfield representing the west 5 years in a row. How many running clocks has mayfield put on an east team in the finals, the answer is 3. How many running clocks does mayfield have on beechwood or frankfort in the semis the answer is 0. Mayfield only scored 17 on russellville in the 3rd round this year, but the west is weak other than mayfield. 4 minutes into the game mayfield had more points on the burg than they did on russellville in the entire game.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I love how everyone thinks the west is weak since its been mayfield representing the west 5 years in a row. How many running clocks has mayfield put on an east team in the finals, the answer is 3. How many running clocks does mayfield have on beechwood or frankfort in the semis the answer is 0. Mayfield only scored 17 on russellville in the 3rd round this year, but the west is weak other than mayfield. 4 minutes into the game mayfield had more points on the burg than they did on russellville in the entire game.

What year are you talking about mayfield didn.t even play Beechwood lastyear. Russellville had 3 1st down and 44yds total yards.... I think... who knows for sure. y'all beat Frankfort 35-07. I just don't see 1A in the west being strong other than 2A Mayfield....We went shell shock on the block punt. I can admit that killbilly usmc.....And when shock fever sets in your're in trouble and we were in trouble against the better team. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:What year are you talking about mayfield didn.t even play Beechwood lastyear. Russellville had 3 1st down and 44yds total yards.... I think... who knows for sure. y'all beat Frankfort 35-07. I just don't see 1A in the west being strong other than 2A Mayfield....We went shell shock on the block punt. I can admit that killbilly usmc.....And when shock fever sets in your're in trouble and we were in trouble against the better team. :truestory:

Maybe you should reread what i said. I said beechwood or frankfort in the semis. This year was the first for frankfort, but in the years that it was beechwood, and this last year being frankfort there was no running clocks and they competed. Yes russellville didnt have many yards, but there defense competed, and they were in the game till late. The burg never competed even defensevly, and everyone knew who was going 2 win 5 minutes into the game. Mayfield led 10 to 0 at half over russellville if you ask me thats competing. Frankfort led 7 to 6 at half so they competed for a half.
There is a good chance the west will be represented by frankfort or beechwood, and that might be a bad thing for the east if that happens. If its mayfield yall will be pumped playing the best. If its one of the other 2 yall might overlook them since they are so weak. My unbias opinion is beechwood, frankfort, and russellville would have faired well against the burg last year. Am i saying all 3 would have beaten the burg for sure, no i wont say that cause anything can happen, but i dont see the burg being able to stop russellvilles running attack, and they had a good defense. Frankfort was great at sacking a qb, and i didnt see beechwood, but they seemed to give frankfort a good game so i have to think they was a good team as well. I do hope its mayfield and the burg i want a pic of 64 holding up or wearing a mayfield state championship shirt.
The way 64 trades teams, he will be wearing a Mayfield shirt before mid season.
killbilly usmc Wrote:There is a good chance the west will be represented by frankfort or beechwood, and that might be a bad thing for the east if that happens. If its mayfield yall will be pumped playing the best. If its one of the other 2 yall might overlook them since they are so weak. My unbias opinion is beechwood, frankfort, and russellville would have faired well against the burg last year. Am i saying all 3 would have beaten the burg for sure, no i wont say that cause anything can happen, but i dont see the burg being able to stop russellvilles running attack, and they had a good defense. Frankfort was great at sacking a qb, and i didnt see beechwood, but they seemed to give frankfort a good game so i have to think they was a good team as well. I do hope its mayfield and the burg i want a pic of 64 holding up or wearing a mayfield state championship shirt.

If you are so sure about RUssellville,Beechwood and Frankfort would have beaten Williamsburg......What about the other teams in the east like Pikeville,Raceland,Hazard,paintsville and Fairview.Got anything to say about them . :dontthink :dontthink :dontthink. Confusedhh:
64, the top 4 teams in 1a in the state in 2013 was all on the west side. There is no 2 ways about it. It really isn't even close. Now, I'm not saying that is the case every year, but it sure was this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, the top 4 teams in 1a in the state in 2013 was all on the west side. There is no 2 ways about it. It really isn't even close. Now, I'm not saying that is the case every year, but it sure was this year.

I wasn't talking to you Mysonis55 I was talking to KillBiilyBobThornton usmc. :why:
64SUR Wrote:I wasn't talking to you Mysonis55 I was talking to KillBiilyBobThornton usmc. :why:

I guess i forgot to tell you 55 is my spokesman when im absent, i contracted him to take care of my light work. I actually agree with 55, like he said i dont think its always the case, but the gap between west and east was huge last year, but who knows maybe the east will be stronger this year. Ill save you a seat 64 so you can come to mayfield when your 37 teams let you down, or is it 64 teams.
64 is always welcome. We really enjoyed him.
Taking a break for awhile on this thread....I will be back. GO WILLIAMSBURG :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead 64SUR.
Them cheerleaders favor you 64.
Mayfield is the west.
Keep telling yourselves may field is the west. Y'all will get your shot at beechwood in the near future, and you might not like what the scoreboard says.
Let's hope the east doesn't have to figure that out til 2015.
killbilly usmc Wrote:since im in a charitable mood ill make you a deal if mayfield and williamsburg both get back to bowling green this year ill buy you a hotdog and a dr pepper

Ok killbilly i won the bet. I want my hotdog and dr pepper before the game. :biglmao:
Dang, Killbilly is gonna be out some money. He has to buy 64 a hotdog and Dr Pepper. He still owes me a Diet Coke and he has to buy 64 a Mayfield 2014 state champions shirt. I haven't even discussed the price of the setting fee for my photo either.
mysonis55 Wrote:Dang, Killbilly is gonna be out some money. He has to buy 64 a hotdog and Dr Pepper. He still owes me a Diet Coke and he has to buy 64 a Mayfield 2014 state champions shirt. I haven't even discussed the price of the setting fee for my photo either.

64 told me betting with you all was like shooting fish in a barrel :biggrin:
No, he would lose betting with me. He has been picking yall to beat us all year long.
mysonis55 Wrote:No, he would lose betting with me. He has been picking yall to beat us all year long.

And you picked Hazard....:ChairHit:
mysonis55 Wrote:Dang, Killbilly is gonna be out some money. He has to buy 64 a hotdog and Dr Pepper. He still owes me a Diet Coke and he has to buy 64 a Mayfield 2014 state champions shirt. I haven't even discussed the price of the setting fee for my photo either.

The shirt i buy is for me. Im just being nice, and letting 64 get his picture taken with it for all the bgr folks to see. I sure hope mayfield wins id hate to get my picture taken with a williamsburg shirt, but after hearing im going to have a p[ricey photo fee from 55, i think im getting sick, and wont be able to make the trip to bg.
You would think a picture of 64 in a mayfield shirt would be something 55 would gladly do for free, but maybe he isnt that much of a mayfield fan after all.
OldJacket Wrote:And you picked Hazard....:ChairHit:

:thatsfunn
Hey, I gotta recoup some money for the photos I'm having to pay for.
64 looks like your buddy 55 got you off the hook on the picture deal, cause im about broke.
no
topnotch Wrote:no

no what?:popcorn:
  •  Previous
  • 27(current)